Thread: Did Iran just kill Bitcoin?

Did Iran just kill Bitcoin?

Well, if history is any indicator, look for Bitcoin to be banned as a vehicle for terrorist financing and evading US sanctions.....just in time for the FedCoin launch soon.

https://news.bitcoin.com/iran-crypto...-central-bank/

The Iranian government has amended its cryptocurrency regulation to enable the country’s central bank to fund imports with bitcoin legally mined in the country, the government-controlled IRNA news agency reported on Saturday.

(now I see why the bitcoiners have been desperately trying to get others to buy into the bitcoin ponzi lately. any "asset" that someone else is practically begging me to buy @Mordan must have numbered days)
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $13,659

This sounds like good news for bitcoin to me.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    $13,659

This sounds like good news for bitcoin to me.
    It's not good news for McAfee.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's not good news for McAfee.
    He seems to be doing ok.

https://news.bitcoin.com/john-mcafee...-fraud-murder/
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Bitcoin is better than paper money but I'm more of a Gold Guy.

2020 is almost over.............

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They also mine it in Venezuela!

“Clutches Pearls”

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    2020 is almost over.............
    You didn't see his legal loophole he came up with that I posted in the other thread?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You didn't see his legal loophole he came up with that I posted in the other thread?
    Or I don't remember it.

His credibility is shot with or without a loophole.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    They also mine it in Venezuela!

“Clutches Pearls”
    That's part of the history I was referring to.

Trump bans VZ crypto Petro
    https://www.investopedia.com/news/tr...urrency-petro/

President Donald Trump issued an executive order banning all transactions in the United States which involve the dubious Venezuelan cryptocurrency, the petro. Specifically, the order pertains to any cryptocurrency issued on or after January 9th of this year, and it applies to both U.S. citizens and any other individuals within the United States, according to a report by CNBC.

The executive order is a response to the Petro, the allegedly oil-backed cryptocurrency the cash-starved Venezuelan government launched in February 2018 to gain capital in the midst of its ongoing economic crisis. (See also: Venezuela to Launch National Cryptocurrency: The Petro.)

According to a statement by the White House, the U.S. government views the launch of the Petro as an attempt by Venezuela to "circumvent U.S. sanctions by issuing a digital currency."

Mnuchin has stated that virtual currencies are a priority for the current administration: "My number one focus on cryptocurrencies, whether that be digital currencies or bitcoin or other things, is that we want to make sure that they're not used for illicit activities," he explained. "So in the U.S., our regulations [state that] if you're a bitcoin wallet, you're subject to the same regulations as a bank."
    Regardless of whether it's Trump or Biden, the trajectory seems clear. It would make dannno's head explode if it was Donald who bankrupted dannno's bitcoin stash, though, so chalk it up as another clue that Biden is probably going to be installed.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-02-2020 at 01:31 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That's part of the history I was referring to.

Trump bans VZ crypto Petro
    https://www.investopedia.com/news/tr...urrency-petro/

Regardless of whether it's Trump or Biden, the trajectory seems clear. It would make dannno's head explode if it was Donald who bankrupted dannno's bitcoin stash, though, so chalk it up as another clue that Biden is probably going to be installed.

Nobody accepts it!!!!

https://www.apmex.com/product/1/1-oz...bu-random-year

https://www.jmbullion.com/2020-1-oz-...ld-eagle-coin/

https://www.moneymetals.com/cart/checkout

It would make dannno's head explode if it was Donald who bankrupted dannno's bitcoin stash
    That's impossible, it is a global currency.

That's impossible, it is a global currency.
    Is it really? That's like saying that access to digital dollars can't be cut off to a country because it's a global currency. Heard of the SWIFT system? Any protocol can be filtered at backbone hardware level by the internet providers where the pipes come in across borders.

Is it really? That's like saying that access to digital dollars can't be cut off to a country because it's a global currency. Heard of the SWIFT system? Any protocol can be filtered at backbone hardware level by the internet providers where the pipes come in across borders.
    Um, ok, so I couldn't hop on a VPN? Or just go to another country? I still don't understand the problem.

You are making a very specific claim, that my bitcoin would be "bankrupted". I really don't see how one country banning bitcoin leads down that path. Or even multiple countries.. and that is if they can effectively do it, which I don't believe they can.

Well, if history is any indicator, look for Bitcoin to be banned as a vehicle for terrorist financing and evading US sanctions.....just in time for the FedCoin launch soon.

https://news.bitcoin.com/iran-crypto...-central-bank/

(now I see why the bitcoiners have been desperately trying to get others to buy into the bitcoin ponzi lately. any "asset" that someone else is practically begging me to buy @Mordan must have numbered days)
    you either clueless or a gov stooge

Um, ok, so I couldn't hop on a VPN? Or just go to another country? I still don't understand the problem.
    Donald running you out of the country over precious, rare maths? That would be even more hilarious. US based crypto exchanges would be forced to stop offering bitcoin services so even your VPN solution would then require relying on foreign exchanges to honor your requests, not to mention you'd then be engaging in a federal offense of materially supporting terrorist activities and money laundering in avoidance of sanctions.

So what you're saying is that you'd either have to leave the country or engage in serious federal felonies, all because of Donald, to try to avoid having a memory stick full of bitcoin that you can't use? That's different than bankrupting your bitcoin stash how?

I don't know if that will be the outcome but the history isn't favorable, especially with FedCoin waiting for rollout. It would be completely against Fed/Treas SOP to allow competing currencies. But maybe you'll get lucky this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    you either clueless or a gov stooge
    Why do you care? You're not even American.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-03-2020 at 11:22 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Donald running you out of the country over precious, rare maths?
    If I could live in another country and have $10 million, or stay in this country and have to continue to work at an office, I would move to the other country. Again, not really sure I see the big problem.

And this is all based on your hypothetical fantasy.

If I could live in another country and have $10 million, or stay in this country and have to continue to work at an office, I would move to the other country. Again, not really sure I see the big problem.

And this is all based on your hypothetical fantasy.
    It's not a fantasy. It's a reasonable hypothesis of where this is heading based on history and the one-world agenda. Competing currencies will not be allowed. Every sign points to MORE centralized control, not less. Not sure why you think bitcoin will be any exception.

If you actually already have $10m in bitcoin and you're not cashing it out right now as fast as you can, then wow. Just wow. Balls of steel my friend. Balls of steel. I hope it works out for you, I really do.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-03-2020 at 11:40 AM.

It's not a fantasy. It's a reasonable hypothesis of where this is heading based on history and the one-world agenda. Competing currencies will not be allowed. Every sign points to MORE centralized control, not less. Not sure why you think bitcoin will be any exception.

If you actually already have $10m in bitcoin and you're not cashing it out right now as fast as you can, then wow. Just wow. Balls of steel my friend. Balls of steel. I hope it works out for you, I really do.
    No, I don't have $10 million in btc, but I plan to some day.