Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It looks like media is misinterpreting Ron's email

It looks like media is misinterpreting Ron's email

If Ron is suspending his campaign...

Why is there a moneybomb to the -campaign- on May 17th?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-14-2012 at 01:14 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe he knows the Tampa Strategy actually worked and he is saving up his coin for the Convention fight. In other words, this is evidence he is actually winning.

he hasn't suspended his campaign, he is putting his resources towards the delegate portion of the campaign.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fullbuster View Post
    Why is there a moneybomb to the -campaign- on May 17th?
    Where in the email did he say they were suspending the campaign?

Face it, the money and appeal really aren't there for someone like Ron Paul due extreme bias against the man... It's just the sad state of affairs in our country nowadays. The campaign isnt being suspended they are just shifting gears and getting more involved with the electoral process at the state level. IMHO this has been a long time coming, you could almost feel it in the air surrounding the campaign.

He isn't actively campaigning, the way I see it, that is suspending your campaign.

What are you on?

He clearly says we will keep going.

KEEP GOING!
    If you are in the North Texas area, join our page to get active and fight for Liberty!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/28828...8287801289033/

#LiveFree

Also Jesse needs to learn to shut up. First the quote about handing our ppl to Romney in exchange for Rand on the ticket, now this, he's a fking tool.

He isn't actively campaigning, the way I see it, that is suspending your campaign.
    I mean $#@!, see it however you want it. But if the Ron Paul 2012 campaign is working as an entity to get RP people elected as delegates to further spread roots into the party and he's still on the ballots then he still is campaigning to me.

I agree on the Benton thing though, he seems like an alright guy and everything..but it probably doesn't help that I tend to compare everyone on the team to Ron himself. There wont be another Ron, that's how I see it.
    Last edited by Cody1; 05-14-2012 at 01:20 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You need to sit down and breath. Geez he isn't suspending his campaign. He is using his resources in other areas that will need money. Like Lawyers.

the media is not misinterpreting his email, they are intentionally misrepresenting it. the email itself is quite clear.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

Just inexperienced. We're doing fine! Pretend this didn't happen! All of the major successes we've had so far have had almost ZERO to do with the Campaign, and have a LOT to do with the organization that's been building the last few years. Nothing has really changed. The media spin on this is hilarious though!
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

"Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future. Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have."

Is that abundantly clear to you? They don't have the money to actively campaign, so they're better using limited funds by passively campaigning (for lack of a better word) by supporting delegates and conventions.

There are likely legal battles still looming where the money will be better spent. Stop overreacting. It's always been a delegate strategy, and this changes nothing, when the media was going to black out any campagining he did anyway.

And as was suggested in another thread, this email has gotten him 10 times the publicity he got over convention wins, so maybe he has a trick up his sleeve to use this to end up publicizing our delegate majority gains we continue to get.
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 05-14-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

You inspired me to Tweet:

Ron Paul May 17th Moneybomb still on.Check. Delegate strategy still on Check. Going to Tampa still on.Check.Media still spinning lies.Check

"Ron Paul is no longer. All you Romney folks can stay home and breathe easy now. Paulbots are not the droids you're looking for. Move along. Go back to the premier of America's Got Talent."

Gee I hope this Jedi mind trick works!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    "Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future. Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have."

Is that abundantly clear to you? They don't have the money to actively campaign, so they're better using limited funds by passively campaigning (for lack of a better word) by supporting delegates and conventions.

There are likely legal battles still looming where the money will be better spent. Stop overreacting. It's always been a delegate strategy, and this changes nothing, when the media was going to black out any campagining he did anyway.

And as was suggested in another thread, this email has gotten him 10 times the publicity he got over convention wins, so maybe he has a trick up his sleeve to use this to end up publicizing our delegate majority gains we continue to get.
    that is literally the same thing as suspending your campaign, santa did the same thing and worked with our slates in some state conventions still.

I don't see the media spinning here. Ron's basically out. Setting up for Rand in 2016.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by minusbear View Post
    Maybe he knows the Tampa Strategy actually worked and he is saving up his coin for the Convention fight. In other words, this is evidence he is actually winning.
    That was my reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    the media is not misinterpreting his email, they are intentionally misrepresenting it. the email itself is quite clear.
    Yes they are, and the rmoney ppl are eating it up and going back for seconds.

This is exactly the time we need to send a massive message by donating as much as possible. Get Dr. Paul on the front page of everyone asking him why he raked in all that cash. He then should be clear about his campaign strategy and how his plan was to take back all of the stolen votes by winning delegates. We know if his message was let out, people would choose him. It is just a matter of making up for the theft by playing the establishment's games.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    he hasn't suspended his campaign, he is putting his resources towards the delegate portion of the campaign.
    Well your friends need some writing lessons then.
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

but those words mean something specific and you will note he did NOT use them.

here is a tweet you can retweet for the moneybomb: https://twitter.com/#!/usernamenuse/...17230358564865
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

that is literally the same thing as suspending your campaign, santa did the same thing and worked with our slates in some state conventions still.
    The difference is we're still accumulating enough delegates to matter, and even block Romney from the nomination. You can call it whaever you want, but it really doesn't change anything, besides them not drying up remaining funds other than for conventions and legal battles.

The reason there's still a money bomb should tell you exactly why this is different than suspending. That reason is that it's not time to throw in the towel like it was for Santorum. It's simply the tiem to be smart and frugal about the delegate strategy we've been going with since the beginning.

You're revealing yourself as a troll if you refuse to understand the difference here.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

+1 for understanding the real world.

• Did Ron himself approve the wording of that email?
    • Did anyone remind Ron he had promised people he would stay in?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    The difference is we're still accumulating enough delegates to matter, and even block Romney from the nomination. You can call it whaever you want, but it really doesn't change anything, besides them not drying up remaining funds other than for conventions and legal battles.

The reason there's still a money bomb should tell you exactly why this is different than suspending. That reason is that it's not time to throw in the towel like it was for Santorum. It's simply the tiem to be smart and frugal about the delegate strategy we've been going with since the beginning.

You're revealing yourself as a troll if you refuse to understand the difference here.
    Santa had tons of delegates still around which actually propelled us to victory in a few conventions.

You're kinda blind bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    [*]Did anyone remind Ron he had promised people he would stay in?[/LIST]
    You got $10 million dollars for him? Because that's all he said is that he's cutting out the part of the campaign that the media is ignoring anyway. He nevewr said he's not staying in. It's a simple matter of economics, and does not change the delegate strategy all along.

How can you have been here since 2007, and not understand what obstacles we're up against here?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I Tweeted it:

So basically Ron Paul is telling the media they can stop covering his rallies and delegate wins.OH, WAIT. @seanhannity @limbaugh @EWErickson

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Which should have been done weeks ago. Like after Super Tuesday. That's all that matters. Campaign stops should be convention stops. That would really go a long way in bringing people out to the conventions.
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Santa had tons of delegates still around which actually propelled us to victory in a few conventions.

You're kinda blind bro.
    Again, if you can't understand the difference in Ron and Sntorum's campaign strategies, then I don't really have to tell you're being blind about this.

Don';t bother responding. I've been arguing with trolls way too much lately. If you think it's over, then leave, enjoy your summer, but osme of us still have work to do to make as many gains delegate-wise as possible. Nothing has changed with this announcement, except the campaign not going broke to be able to still support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    +1 for understanding the real world.

• Did Ron himself approve the wording of that email?
    • Did anyone remind Ron he had promised people he would stay in?
    HE IS STAYING IN! OMG, just not focusing on pointless primary campaigning.
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

VERY bad move on the part of the campaign to send that mail out. WHAT THE $#@! are these blokes smoking?? If the idea was to motivate the grassroots to concentrate more on delegates, there were so many better ways to word that. EPIC FAIL. Someone slap that mofo Benton.

Trolls and professional Debbie Downers incoming.

Just be sure to post the actual email contents when getting into any sort of discussion about whether Paul actually "dropped out" or not. The email itself says nothing of the sort. Don't let the media and opponents cherry pick small quotes and then build strawmen around them.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast