Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help a Ron Paul activist get home from New Orleans

Help a Ron Paul activist get home from New Orleans

Sent to me via Facebook:

This is complicates but the person i drove down with left without me, is there anyway you can help me out here with payment of a rental car, i have to leave within 10 houra to get back home in time for work.
    Can anyone help him get back to the DC/Baltimore area? Here is his Facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=15203792

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

50 dollar bus ticket?
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

He's going to get a rental car to drive home?
    I support Ron Paul.

What kind of person travels without a clue on how to get back? He'll find his way.

he was probably one of the 40 that forgot ron paul was speaking at the conference.

this sucks, but what you should do is creat a moneybomb calling out the bastards that left this guy. give us the persons name that left you, then we can create a money bomb and make sure we have a thread dedicated to this person who left someone!!

Why did the person leave him?
    When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. --Ron Paul

Pro-life is Pro-liberty
    http://www.l4l.org/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC95 View Post
    Why did the person leave him?
    i am more then willing to donate a lil,once we have the name of the person who left him or her and the story!!

Interesting. When mdh went to Washington, DC a couple of years ago, the same thing happened to him, and he had to stay at BradleyinDC's home until I could figure out a way to get him back (we were broke).

I can't recall the names of the people that abandoned him to begin with, but it'd be sort of par for the course if it was the same people.

Call my paranoid, but most rental car places will not accept cash, either. They want a credit card in case you decide to abscond with the vehicle or cause damage to it.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I would help if we can get a little better information.

Something smells fishy.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Interesting. When mdh went to Washington, DC a couple of years ago, the same thing happened to him, and he had to stay at BradleyinDC's home until I could figure out a way to get him back (we were broke).

I can't recall the names of the people that abandoned him to begin with, but it'd be sort of par for the course if it was the same people.

Call my paranoid, but most rental car places will not accept cash, either. They want a credit card in case you decide to abscond with the vehicle or cause damage to it.
    i hear you. i feel bad because i could've been that one vote but the only way i could of gone is if someone had paid all my expenses to go so i went to my gop assembly ,but we WON THERE FOR LIBERTY

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    so i went to my gop assembly ,but we WON THERE FOR LIBERTY
    Post a new thread and give us the details please!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Sorry, I don't have any more information on John's situation other than what he sent me in the message I quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Post a new thread and give us the details please!
    ill bump it the thread already made one

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=239650
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 04-11-2010 at 10:47 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hey yall. I want to go to the bahamas, but I haven't the money to spare plz help

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    Sorry, I don't have any more information on John's situation other than what he sent me in the message I quoted.
    i am pretty broke so i hope some rpf members can step up to help,but what kinda of $$ are we talking about here?? a ball park figure??

this guy got a video camera and willing to do the truffle shuffle?? i do know car rentals will not take cash!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 04-11-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    i am pretty broke so i hope some rpf member can step up to help,but what kinda of $$ are we talking about here?? a ball park figure??

this guy got a video camera and willing to do the truffle shuffle??
    LOL... I made a different MC avatar... but I'm afraid to release it. Can I send it to you through PM... this way nobody will know I made it. Doh!

The more I thought about this (I had to take a break and make some soup), the more I think this guy's either full of beans or up a creek.

It's Sunday. The only way this person would even be able to get money in time would be if it were Western Union'd to him at a given location. That is going to mean big fees just to send the money. PayPal will not make it to his bank account in time.

Even if he got a whole lot of cash right now, rental car places (as mentioned previously) generally don't just take cash. They want a credit card in case you decide to keep the car, wreck the car, or otherwise cost them money. Has he gotten a quote on a rental car? If not, how would he know precisely how much a cash rental would be? If so, why isn't it mentioned?

Too many variables for me.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Has this dude no family that can help? If I were stuck in this predicament, the first thing I'd be doing is crying to my daddy.
    When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. --Ron Paul

Pro-life is Pro-liberty
    http://www.l4l.org/

I"m an airline pilot, I can get him a very cheap ticket for 76$ from dca to bwi tommorrow.

email me

jb_bak@hotmail.com
    “John Galt is Prometheus who changed his mind. After centuries of being torn by vultures in payment for having brought to men the fire of the gods, he broke his chains and he withdrew his fire until the day when men withdraw their vultures.”
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution_Ready View Post
    I"m an airline pilot, I can get him a very cheap ticket for 76$ from dca to bwi tommorrow.

email me

jb_bak@hotmail.com
    this sounds a good lead for this guy, cheaper then a rental car for sure

thanks revolution ready i hope this guy eventually gets home

now just need a rpf member with a credit card and create a chip in for that card user. then the rpf member can buy this guy a ticket to get home!! that way he cant buy booze or pot or boones farm
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 04-11-2010 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution_Ready View Post

email me

jb_bak@hotmail.com
    Thanks, I've sent him the info via Facebook PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes if someone wants to give me a credit card number I can buy it online, and send the receipt via email. That way he can only use the money to travel on.
    “John Galt is Prometheus who changed his mind. After centuries of being torn by vultures in payment for having brought to men the fire of the gods, he broke his chains and he withdrew his fire until the day when men withdraw their vultures.”
    Ayn Rand

oops I meant to say a ticket from MSY to BWI tommorrow. Can't get him into DCA.
    Ayn Rand

I told him about this thread as soon as I posted, so I'm guessing the fact that he hasn't posted in this thread himself means that he's found a way home.

I'm sorry,
    I didn't read the whole thread.
    Were his thumbs removed in a horrible accident, or is he just deformed?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    I told him about this thread as soon as I posted, so I'm guessing the fact that he hasn't posted in this thread himself means that he's found a way home.
    keep us updated see what i can do if needed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I'm sorry,
    I didn't read the whole thread.
    Were his thumbs removed in a horrible accident, or is he just deformed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast