Thread: Judge Roy Moore Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Judgment Against Senate Majority PAC

Judge Roy Moore Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Judgment Against Senate Majority PAC

The Senate Majority PAC, the Democrat swamp apparatus in Washington D.C., is being forced to pay a $8.2 million judgment to Judge Roy Moore after a jury found them guilty of defamation.

The Senate Majority PAC helped Democrats win a U.S. Senate seat in Alabama back in 2017, killing Moore’s chances to win as an outsider. The destruction of his campaign included circulating ads with false accusations that insinuated Moore is a pedophile.

The claim deemed defamatory by the court was used by the Senate Majority PAC in their “Shopping Mall Ad” against Moore. It claimed falsely that Moore was “actually banned from the Gadsden mall for soliciting sex from young girls.” Now, they will have to pay $8.2 for their scurrilous accusations.

“This is a huge blow to a major super PAC out of Washington D.C. That interfered in a senate election in the state of Alabama. The people of this state are tired of the dirty politics and attempts by the establishment in Washington DC to control who the people of this state elect to the United States Senate. I feel this is vindication and I give thanks to Almighty God and the jurors in this case for a great victory over the corrupt political system,” Moore said in a press release after the verdict.

“The verdict by this jury of regular people of the state of Alabama represents a great legal victory over those who will say and do anything to capture an election including dragging the name of a good man through the mud to destroy a hard earned reputation. The facts of this case were so egregious that the jury quickly found actual malice against the Senate majority super PAC. God’s truth and justice won the day for Judge Roy Moore,” said Jeff Wittenbrink, Moore’s attorney, in a press release.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/vindic...-majority-pac/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Great news!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Great news!
    ???

Seems low to me?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Good for him. Looks like he'll be getting the last laugh.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    ???

Seems low to me?
    Especially considering the "muh demuhcracy" aspect.

I guess they don't put much value on democracy, as long as they're winning.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Would love to see a series of "before and after" tweets from various people who were delighted Alex Jones got hit with millions in defamation lawsuits but are horrified at this "attack on free speech" in Moore's case.

Me, personally, I'm starting to have concerns about the long term effects of these suits, even while being glad for short term "wins" by Moore or Nick Sandmann or Kyle Rittenhouse.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Would love to see a series of "before and after" tweets from various people who were delighted Alex Jones got hit with millions in defamation lawsuits but are horrified at this "attack on free speech" in Moore's case.

Me, personally, I'm starting to have concerns about the long term effects of these suits, even while being glad for short term "wins" by Moore or Nick Sandmann or Kyle Rittenhouse.
    Freedom of Speech.. Freedom comes with Responsibility..

Far too many think it means you can say Anything..

You Can't. ,, and that needs to be reinforced.

Slander, and degrading insults, "Fighting Words",, are not protected Speech.

A Timely Lesson.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Love to hear stuff like this when they make people pay for their misdeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Freedom of Speech.. Freedom comes with Responsibility..

Far too many think it means you can say Anything..

You Can't. ,, and that needs to be reinforced.

Slander, and degrading insults, "Fighting Words",, are not protected Speech.

A Timely Lesson.
    This is interesting because usually you can say anything you want against public figures and candidates so long as it isn't designed to hurt their personal business. I wonder if this case breaks new ground?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This is interesting because usually you can say anything you want against public figures and candidates so long as it isn't designed to hurt their personal business. I wonder if this case breaks new ground?
    New Ground?? Nope

"There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting" words those which by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality."

Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire 1942
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

As in, are we kissing the First Amendment goodbye?

Well, it wouldn't be the first time the OP indicated an interest in cheering on the destruction of the Bill of Rights.

Partisanship is a useful lever. Nobody erodes rights faster than the very hypocrites who claim to want to preserve them. If anyone else did it, those hypocrites would actually have to object.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    New Ground?? Nope

"There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting" words those which by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality."

Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire 1942
    Everyone on this forum has said 'fighting words' at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Everyone on this forum has said 'fighting words' at some point.
    I have invited a few to say it in person.

even provided GPS location.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-13-2022 at 12:13 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

In a defamation case a public figure must prove not only that the statement was false but also that the defendant either knew his statement was false or that he made the statement with reckless disregard of its truth or falsity. Apparently Moore presented enough evidence to convince the jury of either of these elements.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    As in, are we kissing the First Amendment goodbye?

Well, it wouldn't be the first time the OP indicated an interest in cheering on the destruction of the Bill of Rights.

Partisanship is a useful lever. Nobody erodes rights faster than the very hypocrites who claim to want to preserve them. If anyone else did it, those hypocrites would actually have to object.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    In a defamation case a public figure must prove not only that the statement was false but also that the defendant either knew his statement was false or that he made the statement with reckless disregard of its truth or falsity. Apparently Moore presented enough evidence to convince the jury of either of these elements.
    Enough said.
    But some people like throwing around slander and libel with no responsibility.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

The AJ case was completely different, no actual malice was proven nor were his statements proven to be false.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The AJ case was completely different, no actual malice was proven nor were his statements proven to be false.
    He acknowledged they were false when he admitted the shooting really happened.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous