Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump endorses Mehmet Oz in PA senate race

Exclamation Trump endorses Mehmet Oz in PA senate race

Donald Trump Endorses Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania U.S. Senate Race

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-senate-race/

JORDAN DIXON-HAMILTON 9 Apr 2022

Former President Donald Trump endorsed celebrity doctor Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania’s U.S. Senate Race on Saturday after his initial pick, Sean Parnell, dropped out amid a contentious custody battle with his estranged wife last fall.

Trump said his endorsement of Oz is “all about winning elections in order to stop the Radical Left maniacs from destroying our Country.”

“The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has a tremendous opportunity to Save America by electing the brilliant and well-known Dr. Mehmet Oz for the United States Senate,” Trump said. “I have known Dr. Oz for many years, as have many others, even if only through his very successful television show.”

Trump touted the “thousands of life-saving heart operations” Oz has performed throughout his medical career and the eight New York Times bestsellers he authored.

Trump also pointed to Oz’s pro-life views and his strengths on the border, election fraud, and the military as reasons for his endorsement. Trump said:

Dr. Oz is Pro-Life, very strong on Crime, the Border, Election Fraud, our Great Military, and our Vets, Tax Cuts, and will always fight for and support our under-siege Second Amendment. He will ensure America will become Energy Independent again. Dr. Oz also passionately believes in high-quality education and protecting parent involvement throughout the process.

Trump believes that Oz would be the most electable candidate to defeat the Democrat challenger in the November midterm elections.

Trump said:

Perhaps most importantly, I believe that Mehmet Oz will be the one most able to win the General Election against a Radical Left Democrat looking to do unthinkable harm to our Country. Women, in particular, are drawn to Dr. Oz for his advice and counsel. I have seen this many times over the years. They know him, believe in him, and trust him. Likewise, he will do very well in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, where other candidates will just not be accepted.

“He knows his job is to serve every single Pennsylvanian Dr. Oz is smart, tough, and will never let you down, therefore, he has my Complete and Total Endorsement,” Trump concluded. “Good luck, Dr. Oz. our Country needs you!”

Recent polls found that Oz is trailing businessman David McCormick, the current frontrunner in the race.

The Pennsylvania GOP Senate primary takes place on May 17.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-09-2022 at 10:59 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This has to be his worst endorsement yet and I don't understand it.

Oz is the worst candidate in the race.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Idk, guess they both need to spotlight each other? By endorsing Oz, Trump appears more aligned to mainstream GOP; while Oz gets the boost from a former Prez?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Pennsylvania is Trumps downfall

What a dummy.
    Last edited by vita3; 04-10-2022 at 12:05 AM.

What's to understand? A pandering celebrity endorsed a pandering celebrity ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...20315890327555

Dr. Oz promotes transgender ideology for toddlers, encourages "cutting edge" gender surgery for kids
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Si8zEkyjY
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-10-2022 at 01:07 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Trump also pointed to Oz’s pro-life views [...]
    Looks like Oz scored that sweet Hannity endorsement, too:

https://twitter.com/RepMattSchaefer/...15559562137605
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-10-2022 at 02:11 AM.

There is a word for this. Several, in fact.

One of those words is "gaslighting". Another is "lying".

Trump said:

Dr. Oz [...] will always fight for and support our under-siege Second Amendment.

Amy Swearer on Dr. Oz: Red Flag Laws And How They Work
    Should Americans be concerned about how Red Flag laws will impact their Second Amendment rights? Amy Swearer joined The Dr. Oz Show to discuss these laws—and how they work. September 19, 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xb-2Y9ZN-g

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/973985581859422208
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-10-2022 at 02:11 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Occam's Banana

Nicely done.

I knew Oz was a worthless RINO, I just could not point to specific examples.

Trump's ability to suss these people out is as dead as the sniffer of a COVID nose sufferer, trying to smell a rose.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I'd take Oz over Donald "Warpspeed...take your booster" Trump any day of the week.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

@Occam's Banana

Nicely done.

I knew Oz was a worthless RINO, I just could not point to specific examples.

Trump's ability to suss these people out is as dead as the sniffer of a COVID nose sufferer, trying to smell a rose.
    Ummm...excuse me...DONALD FVCKING TRUMP SUPPORTS RED FLAG LAWS! So of course he would support someone who supports red flag laws. I know you know this. But I just have to warn you about it. Trump is the very worthless RINO that you're concerned about. Is he better than Biden? Sure. That's because our presidents have been getting progressively worse with each iteration. Obummer was awful, but at least he banned Fauci from doing gain of function research in 2014. Tronald Dump reopened it in 2017. Oh and the Trump apologists will say "But Obummer let it go on in China." Well the Chinese lack the scientific creativity to do the research on their own! That's why they needed more help directly from the U.S.! So Trump's lifting of the ban accelerated China's research so they were able to perfect their bioweapon and release it in 2019. And don't give me that "Dump didn't know what was going on" nonsense. Dump was taped by Bob Woodward saying he knew this was going to be a shyt show but decided not to go forward with it because he "didn't want to cause a panic." And now he's pushing people to take BOOSTER shots of the poison (excuse me "vaccine") that he pushed through FDA approval. The orange monkey deserves no respect from us. None. Zero. If Rand doesn't run and beat Trump in 2024 this country is over.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

There is a word for this. Several, in fact.

One of those words is "gaslighting". Another is "lying".

Amy Swearer on Dr. Oz: Red Flag Laws And How They Work
    Should Americans be concerned about how Red Flag laws will impact their Second Amendment rights? Amy Swearer joined The Dr. Oz Show to discuss these laws—and how they work. September 19, 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xb-2Y9ZN-g

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/973985581859422208

Sadly, even Rand Paul temporarily went along with Tronald Dump's betrayal of the 2nd amendment by voicing some support for red flag laws.

https://news.yahoo.com/sen-rand-paul...051730853.html

Paul, a strong gun-rights advocate, signaled his willingness to support something along the lines of "red flag" laws that allow guns to be removed from those who may be a danger to themselves and others.

"I'm not opposed to sort of an emergency order for 48 hours and then you get a hearing in a court where you get the full due-process protections," he said in the interview. "It's the one thing that could fix a lot of stuff. I think most of these homicidal attackers ... are sending off signals to their family and community."

On Tuesday, Paul warned that "some of these 'red flag' laws set off a red flag because they're streaming through a lot of your information."

"So let's say we take the VA roll and we say anybody who's taking an antidepressant should have their gun rights taken, and you can see that would be horrific, you know, if we just trolled through all the VA rolls and did that," he said. "It has to be individualized and you have to have your day in court before we take rights away," he said.

I've been trying to find a "post Trump foot in mouth" statement from Rand where he categorically admits he was wrong on that. Still looking....

Meanwhile, the founder of the Oathkeepers condemned Trump's red flag law stance.

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/stor...on/7931150002/

Oath Keepers founder and leader Stewart Rhodes does not see a perfect president when he looks back at former President Donald Trump's time in office.

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes speaks during a Wichita Falls meeting Thursday, June 24, 2021.
    Rhodes and his group, often called a far-right militia, have been known for their support of Trump, but Rhodes sees ample flaws in the former president.

"He didn't understand the Constitution enough when it came to that," Rhodes said during an exclusive interview in Wichita Falls ahead of a speaking engagement in late June.

Rhodes said he did not agree with Trump's backing of red flag legislation or his statement about taking guns away first and then worrying about due process later.

Red flag laws allow courts to remove firearms from people deemed a danger to themselves or others.

In February 2018, Trump made a statement that surprised many.

"I like taking guns away early," he said in the wake of a mass shooting in Parkland, Florida. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

Rhodes said, "That's not how our constitutional system works."

On the flipside, Ron Paul took a principled stance against red flag laws.

https://libertyconservativenews.com/...red-flag-laws/

This iteration of “red flag” laws has gained traction among the political class. They’re not just supported by seasoned leftists like Diane Feinstein or establishment Republicans like Lindsey Graham, but also by supposed “constitutional conservatives” like Senator Ted Cruz. BLP reported on Cruz’s recent flirtation with red flag gun laws.

Red flag laws have already led to dangerous confrontations between police officers and citizens who assumed that the law enforcement at the door were people trying to break into their house. This was most apparent in Maryland when police shot and killed 61-year-old Gary Willis when trying to serve him a red flag gun confiscation order.

You know, come to think of it, I was wrong to tell @Anti Federalist that Rand needs to beat Trump in 2024. Somehow we need to find the equivalent of Ron Paul to beat Trump in 2024. Thomas Massie maybe.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-10-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Losers mad. Trump only cares about wins. This should have been obvious when he endorsed Mittens. Then he plays the loyalty card, if the congress critters he endorsed are not loyal to him, he then smears them into oblivion.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

I am amazed when people are surprised by Trump's actions or any other politicians action for that matter. For many people on this forum, it's all about principles. For politicians, it's about winning. Trump hasn't surprised me since 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You know, come to think of it, I was wrong to tell @Anti Federalist that Rand needs to be Trump in 2024. Somehow we need to find the equivalent of Ron Paul to beat Trump in 2024. Thomas Massie maybe.
    Brother, I'm open to any suggestions at this point.

I grudgingly voted for the guy in 2020, only because the alternative was so much worse.

After $#@! like this and hyping the vaxx poison, I won't in 2024.

I don't understand it.
    Same reason the executives in his media company are old Apprentice contestants.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Of course he is, and of course you don't.

We've told you about ten thousand times. You don't want to understand it.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Of course he is, and of course you don't.

We've told you about ten thousand times. You don't want to understand it.
    I don't understand this at all and I still understand it and Trump better than you.

It's not the things you don't know that are the problem, it's the things you "know" that aren't so and your inability to admit you don't know things.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'd take Oz over Donald "Warpspeed...take your booster" Trump any day of the week.
    Bad choice, Trump never tried to force you to take it, Oz will.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't understand this at all and I still understand it and Trump better than you.

It's not the things you don't know that are the problem, it's the things you "know" that aren't so and your inability to admit you don't know things.
    You don't even know you stole that line from Will Rogers. What else have you forgotten, besides who to attribute that quote to?

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Starts at 21 minutes 10 seconds:

Oh, and...

Last edited by acptulsa; 04-11-2022 at 05:42 AM.

Bad choice, Trump never tried to force you to take it, Oz will.
    That's the falsehood you have chosen to believe. The worst thing brought out about Oz is that he supports red flag laws. Donald Trump made those famous.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-11-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Trump supports red flag laws. He endorses the candidate that supports red flag laws. What do you NOT understand about that?

Lets see... Dr. Oz vs Dr. Fauci.

Dr Oz - Does not support Mandatory Forced Vaccination
    Dr Fauci - Wants Forced Vaccination because he makes money on the sick, so do his constituents.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Trump supports red flag laws. He endorses the candidate that supports red flag laws. What do you NOT understand about that?
    You expect him to remember what happened in 2018? Anything that happened in 2018, much less something that doesn't fit his narrative?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    'What the hell was he thinking?': Pennsylvania conservatives react to Trump's support of Oz

Trump's Oz endorsement also came across as odd to a lot of former Trump confidantes who have either watched this race with interest or are working on the McCormick campaign.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

More 44D chess from the master! Few Republicans will get excited about Oz (who btw has HUGE stock positions in big pharma) so if he wins the nomination, it's a 99% likely Democrat win. And if Oz manages to eek out a win.....it's still a Democrat win since he has zero conservative track record.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

You don't even know you stole that line from Will Rogers. What else have you forgotten, besides who to attribute that quote to?
    As if you would know what I knew about it.

I don't have to attribute all my paraphrasing. (or even direct quotes)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's the falsehood you have chosen to believe. The worst thing brought out about Oz is that he supports red flag laws. Donald Trump made those famous.
    I think his support of "transitioning" small children is just a bit worse, don't you?

Trump took the wind out of the left's sails about red flag laws with his lip service and I didn't support that strategy at the time. (or now)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh, and...

I'm going to move relevant posts here from previous discussion of what Massie REALLY said and what actually happened:

What you said and what Massie said are two different things.
    Massie speculated that Pelosi wanted to use the bill to somehow launch a coup, that may or may not be what she was doing.
    Trump wanting the same bill to be passed doesn't mean he had the same motive even if that is what Pelosi was doing.
    If Trump was the only one who could invoke CoG then Trump knew he was not going to do it.

Massie was correct and his speculation was something to guard against but certain people around here have taken his concerns as established fact and that is just ridiculous.
    I don't believe he was correct at all.
    If Congress "passed" the bill her way it can't be "unable to function".
    I did say his concerns were valid and worth guarding against in any case.
    But even if he was right about Pelosi he only said Trump pressured him to let the bill pass, that does not mean Trump was in on any plot she had.
    And Trump would not be the only one able to invoke CoG, if that was the plan he very well could have been misled.

And you do not need violence for a coup.
    It's called a bloodless coup.

The relevant speech so people can hear for themselves that Massie never accused Trump of trying to suspend the Constitution:

The War On Us - Rep. Thomas Massie
    https://odysee.com/@RonPaul:d/the-wa...part2-massie:5

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm going to move relevant posts here from previous discussion of what Massie REALLY said and what actually happened:

The relevant speech so people can hear for themselves that Massie never accused Trump of trying to suspend the Constitution:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast