Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, back at the ranch

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

Its so lonely out here without our throngs of Ronstockers All that remains are a stack of Ron Paul signs and beef. It is a ghost town. You'd think it would be a relief to have 80+ guests leave, but we really miss you guys! We miss walking down to our barley field and sitting around the campfire drinking good Colorado beer (compliments of Speciallyblend) with good people. It was like being in Cheers.

I feel like I had more good conversations with people this past weekend than I have had all year. That is a good sign that the crowd we met, not just the Ronstockers, but everyone at the various RP related events (except for that freaky dude at the parade) have a shared purpose. We all play a part in this revolution.

It is so awesome to experience all you strangers buddy up for rides, setting up WiFi, collecting wood, planting RP signs and grilling out together, and hugging and hiding tears when it was time to go home. The rapport was instant. What a great community, I feel honored to be a part of it!

A big huge THANKS! to all of you who organized the cleanup, the farm doesn't look as if it were overrun by campers.

I can't wait for Ronstock II, to reunite and keep our momentum strong. Hopefully the Ronstock II is in a warm state in February when we aren't milking cows. We couldn't even make it to the Rally in our own dang state because of those cows!

If anyone happens to be in the area, be sure to come say hi, and if you need a place to stay you can even have a bed. Ninja Homer, we'll be seeing you for sure!

I love you guys!
    Emily

p.s.....don't laugh, I would post pictures, but I can't get past the http request! help?
    Last edited by Mrs. Farmer; 09-05-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: rearranging paragraph

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Makes me proud to hear that our supporters represent our movement well.
    Thank you for your sacrifices.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Farmer View Post
    Its so lonely out here without our throngs of Ronstockers All that remains are a stack of Ron Paul signs and beef. It is a ghost town. You'd think it would be a relief to have 80+ guests leave, but we really miss you guys! We miss walking down to our barley field and sitting around the campfire drinking good Colorado beer (compliments of Speciallyblend) with good people. It was like being in Cheers.

I feel like I had more good conversations with people this past weekend than I have had all year. That is a good sign that the crowd we met, not just the Ronstockers, but everyone at the various RP related events (except for that freaky dude at the parade) have a shared purpose. We all play a part in this revolution.

It is so awesome to experience all you strangers buddy up for rides, setting up WiFi, collecting wood, planting RP signs and grilling out together, and hugging and hiding tears when it was time to go home. The rapport was instant. What a great community, I feel honored to be a part of it!

A big huge THANKS! to all of you who organized the cleanup, the farm doesn't look as if it were overrun by campers.

I can't wait for Ronstock II, to reunite and keep our momentum strong. Hopefully the Ronstock II is in a warm state in February when we aren't milking cows. We couldn't even make it to the Rally in our own dang state because of those cows!

If anyone happens to be in the area, be sure to come say hi, and if you need a place to stay you can even have a bed. Ninja Homer, we'll be seeing you for sure!

I love you guys!
    Emily

p.s.....don't laugh, I would post pictures, but I can't get past the http request! help?

You guys were just awesome. I miss the place already. I am Erin, the one that loved your dog Barkley I am sure you remember me, I was one of the last to leave.

I am sending you a private message on the forums that you can get to by the top right of the screen.
    "If a life could have a theme song -- and I believe every worthwhile one has -- mine is a religion, an obsession or a mania, or all of these expressed in one word: individualism. I was born with that obsession and have never seen and do not know now a cause more worthy, more misunderstood, more seemingly hopeless, and more tragically needed." -Ayn Rand

Ronstock II? I can't wait!

All the events were great, but Ronstock was the highlight for me. I could go on and on about how great it was, but I think everybody who was there already knows what I'm talking about.

I'll definitely be seeing you some time soon. The milk's going a lot quicker than I thought it would.

To post pictures, you have to upload them somewhere else first. I use http://imageshack.us/

Then it will give you a forum link to use that starts with [IMG] that you can just copy/paste.

Ben
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

Thank you so much for a great place to stay. It felt just like home. Really, exactly like home. You guys were great.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    Thank you so much for a great place to stay. It felt just like home. Really, exactly like home. You guys were great.
    Are you still out there in the field? Do we have a stowaway?

Thanks ninja, I have a shutterfly account, it may work too. Sounds like a lot of work, but it'll happen eventually!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you still out there in the field? Do we have a stowaway?

No. I'm just from the land of many campfires in the fields. Good people. Good times. And many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by berrybunches View Post
    You guys were just awesome. I miss the place already. I am Erin, the one that loved your dog Barkley I am sure you remember me, I was one of the last to leave.

I am sending you a private message on the forums that you can get to by the top right of the screen.
    That wasn't her dog Barkley. That was me in a Barkley suit.

Quote Originally Posted by orafi View Post
    That wasn't her dog Barkley. That was me in a Barkley suit.

I feel dirty!
    "If a life could have a theme song -- and I believe every worthwhile one has -- mine is a religion, an obsession or a mania, or all of these expressed in one word: individualism. I was born with that obsession and have never seen and do not know now a cause more worthy, more misunderstood, more seemingly hopeless, and more tragically needed." -Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Makes me proud to hear that our supporters represent our movement well.
    Thank you for your sacrifices.
    torchbearer, i think we would of made you proud, so much happened so fast ,even adam kokesh stopped by, we had the marc scibilia band perform both nights and omg it truly was a family reunion.... wish i had seen you there it went so fast....
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    torchbearer, i think we would of made you proud, so much happened so fast ,even adam kokesh stopped by, we had the marc scibilia band perform both nights and omg it truly was a family reunion.... wish i had seen you there it went so fast....
    A big thank you to you and your wife, too. It was good to meet you.

Its about 60-70 degrees here in San Antonio in February- we can do it here, but I need to buy a farm, first (my back yard is way too small for Ronstock 09).

Why don't the cows need to be milked in February- don't they produce milk all year?

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian4321 View Post
    Its about 60-70 degrees here in San Antonio in February- we can do it here, but I need to buy a farm, first (my back yard is way too small for Ronstock 09).

Why don't the cows need to be milked in February- don't they produce milk all year?
    They milk for 9 months of the year, and we have timed them to be "dry" at the same time. Most farmers stagger their calving times so there are always some cows to be milked.
    Since we don't feed grain, the cows are under too much stress when it is cold and they are pregnant AND lactating. Plus we need some time to get away from the farm and join you guys at the rallies and things. We haven't even had a weekend off for over two years.

60 to 70 degrees sounds perfect. Private campgrounds? Organic farmers up to an hour away? Is this an idea we can play ball with?

hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    They milk for 9 months of the year, and we have timed them to be "dry" at the same time. Most farmers stagger their calving times so there are always some cows to be milked.
    Since we don't feed grain, the cows are under too much stress when it is cold and they are pregnant AND lactating. Plus we need some time to get away from the farm and join you guys at the rallies and things. We haven't even had a weekend off for over two years.

60 to 70 degrees sounds perfect. Private campgrounds? Organic farmers up to an hour away? Is this an idea we can play ball with?

We will do our best in trying to find those specifics can count colorado out in feb(unless your coming to ski or snowboard) igloos(people actually do this) of course i can fit as many people in my house as possible all you need is food/water and lift ticket and heaven 14,000 feet away)???hehe now summer and a raft trip and camping by hot springs is doable in the summer
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 09-06-2008 at 09:06 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    We will do our best in trying to find those specifics can count colorado out in feb(unless your coming to ski or snowboard) igloos(people actually do this) of course i can fit as many people in my house as possible all you need is food/water and lift ticket and heaven 14,000 feet away)???hehe now summer and a raft trip and camping by hot springs is doable in the summer
    The Outer Banks of NC (and Cape Hatteras) have tons of campgrounds (cheap, too). But I am a bit biased.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

We can stay on federal land for free. The rainbow gathering people do it all the time.

I camp on federal land myself a lot - no police bother to come back in the woods - in fact I have never even seen a park ranger in the back country.
    Just a thought. Of course this would entail crapping in the woods and whatnot. Of course this would only be for the most hardcore liberty supporters!!!!

first off this is Kenny (speciallyblend's wife) Laura.

I feel as though I left family behind. I so needed this. I cannot tell everyone how wonderful the weekend was. I didn't want to leave.

Thank you so much. I came home to tragic news, and bad news from my attorney. A close friend's son who graduated high school with my daughter died last weekend from a terrible accident. I just returned from his services.

Funny thing is there are all kinds of visitors up here from Minnesota. Took me back to just sitting by the fire at the farm. Thank you Paul and Emily for a wonderful visit. Thank you my new friends for showing me and the world what freedom and truth is about.

I sit here in tears as I write this...my first post...because knowing the people I met helps me realize we do have HOPE.

Laura

Must see ronstock pics!

I couldn't figure out how to get shutterfly pictures to work here on the forum, but motivated photos is really easy to work with.....

haha love the pics, you guys rock, gotta love cowboy bob

working on 2 videos with pics hope you like when we are done.....

i want everyone to look closely at the campfire pics and you will notice a few shining stars in our movement,they know who they are man this video should choke you up when it is done

curious if you will know who i am talking about once you view the video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Smile

I have been holding off from posting for sometime now.....in truth it is because I am flat out overwhelmed by what I can only call the "instant Karma" we all shared...
    when I consider that NONE of us were there for personel gain........that we were all essentially strangers.... that our host's were not only comfortable with, but actually enjoyed and appreciated our presense...... I feel VERY blessed that I was able to contribute in a meaningfull way to the group effort.
    I do wish to apologize for not bieng more sociable and for staying in a hotel. I was physically taxed prior to leaving for Minnesota. that is why I was unprepared. I truly regret not getting to know some of you better. I think I might never get to be amongst a better group of people.

Ken

+1000

You all are making me cry... even though I rode and stayed in a hotel room with total strangers...it didn't feel that way...
    I know this feeling you speak of.. it's all around this movement... I felt this way in DC as well...

It is AWESOME to be a part of such a wonderful group of freedom loving people.... we are all blessed!
    Last edited by Gin; 09-07-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Paul & Emily, your hospitality was unbelievable. Thanks so much for putting up with us! Bev and I had a great time with all of you. Kenny, thanks for putting this together. Ken & Casey, thanks for building the showers. Bev definitely appreciated that!

True world history

Hey Dirk,
    i checked out your website-AWESOME! i will be referring many others to it, and watching some videos myself.

I am so glad that you brought the kitchen setup~everyone appreciated it, it was perfect.
    I wish I could have hung out with you and Bev more. My radical Dad hopes he didn't scare anyone

We'll be seeing you!

Hey Dirk,
    i checked out your website-AWESOME! i will be referring many others to it, and watching some videos myself.

I am so glad that you brought the kitchen setup~everyone appreciated it, it was perfect.
    I wish I could have hung out with you and Bev more. My radical Dad hopes he didn't scare anyone

We'll be seeing you!
    :-) Bev said she really enjoyed talking with your dad around the campfire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast