Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul is a Russian Asset?!!?!

I am going to make the debating point that Richard M. Nixon was wrong about FDR's poor aide.
    I am going to 100% agree that Rand Paul is not a spy, a turncoat or simply an asset... PERIOD.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Show me precedent for a libel suit for defaming a sitting senator in the United States of America.
    The law is what matters not precedent, there is a first time for everything.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Swordsmyth, you do understand that I mentally often think of you and timosman as
    the "Heckle and Jeckle" of the RPFs but I must not be worse than rude when replying
    to y'all. It is arguable that just about anything said may trigger someone who is unduly
    litigious. Is it not wiser to ignore rudeness? Rand Paul is a sitting senator. I even have
    defended Alger Hiss, who was subject to an intense smear campaign. I am being fair.
    I am going to make the debating point that Richard M. Nixon was wrong about FDR's poor aide.
    I am going to 100% agree that Rand Paul is not a spy, a turncoat or simply an asset... PERIOD.
    Being a spy is a crime, it is libel to accuse someone of being a spy without proof, there is plenty of proof Hiss was a spy and none about Rand.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If we agree that President Trump can meet with foreign leaders, and that the Cold War is over,
    then many of the stories in our press are examples of hyperbole and exaggeration, perhaps even
    bordering on hysteria. Not often do we see dispassion. The backdrop is DJT's graft and scandals.

Swordsmyth... Analysis is needed on data.
    Yes, our eavesdropping devices didst even
    hear conversations that suggested Hiss was
    compromised, but often the Soviets can/did
    internally lie. Create mist, myth & falsehoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The law is what matters not precedent, there is a first time for everything.
    And the law says political speech is not actionable. Furthermore, it wouldn't be the first time such a suit was tossed out of court.

Being a spy is a crime, it is libel to accuse someone of being a spy without proof, there is plenty of proof Hiss was a spy and none about Rand.
    So?
    We believe our lying eyes...

I think Alger Hiss was quite innocent but horridly set up
    before becoming a political football issue, and I trust that
    RAND PAUL is incapable of treason. Joe McCarthy played
    fast and loose with the truth. Yes. All this is ironical, now.

Acptulsa, we are witnessing the end of the Cold War,
    Alger Hiss was a guy whose political life ends in 1946
    but his physical body lingers on for decades. Nixon won.

The wall falls. In the 1990s.

Don't really understand all this desire from RPF for Rand to be Trump's VP. Rhetorically you won't be hearing the libertarian slogans anymore, he has no choice but we mirror every one of Trump's moves and that will really piss off the libertarian base but behind the scenes, he will have more power to implement policies.

And I highly doubt Trumpty dumpty will fall off the wall and Rand becomes Pres.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And the law says political speech is not actionable. Furthermore, it wouldn't be the first time such a suit was tossed out of court.

So?
    Accusing someone of a crime is not political speech.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Last edited by phill4paul; 07-18-2018 at 05:51 PM.

I think Alger Hiss was quite innocent but horridly set up
    before becoming a political football issue, and I trust that
    RAND PAUL is incapable of treason. Joe McCarthy played
    fast and loose with the truth. Yes. All this is ironical, now.
    McCarthy was right, any abuses of HUAC were not the Senator's fault.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Accusing someone of a crime is not political speech.
    Even when it's a Senator? So when you accuse McCain of corruption or treason, he should be able to sue you?

So, do you have any respect, or maybe even a drop of affection, for the First Amendment when it isn't standing between you and what you want to do at the moment? Because your cavalier attitude toward it is just the sort of thing that has gotten other parts of the Bill of Rights defanged.

Even when it's a Senator? So when you accuse McCain of corruption or treason, he should be able to sue you?

So, do you have any respect, or maybe even a drop of affection, for the First Amendment when it isn't standing between you and what you want to do at the moment? Because your cavalier attitude toward it is just the sort of thing that has gotten other parts of the Bill of Rights defanged.
    Litigation is the only thing left. What else recourse for a subjugated man? Things were so much more civil before the ability to hide behind a keyboard.

Yes he could but he would lose because both can be proved, he is also unlikely to sue because the suit would bring more publicity than the original accusation and because I and my audience are too small to be worth the expense and hassle.

I have the greatest respect for the 1stA but it doesn't protect libel and it never did and never should.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have the greatest respect for the 1stA but it doesn't protect libel and it never did and never should.
    What are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    And I highly doubt Trumpty dumpty will fall off the wall and Rand becomes Pres.
    Now wouldn't that be fun?

Looking at it without any bias and at a high level, it's pretty clear that the US superpower days are numbered and China and Russia are taking over the driver's seat, as long planned. Visiting with the new overlords seems reasonable if WW3 is to be avoided during such a major transition. Historically, wars were the cover used to reorder the economic world and implement certain policies/objectives that weren't otherwise possible. If war is to be avoided, and I think we all want that, then what other choices are there but to make nice with the new boss?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Now wouldn't that be fun?

Looking at it without any bias and at a high level, it's pretty clear that the US superpower days are numbered and China and Russia are taking over the driver's seat, as long planned. Visiting with the new overlords seems reasonable if WW3 is to be avoided during such a major transition. Historically, wars were the cover used to reorder the economic world and implement certain policies/objectives that weren't otherwise possible. If war is to be avoided, and I think we all want that, then what other choices are there but to make nice with the new boss?
    China is a paper tiger that will collapse and Russia is too small and weak to rule the world on its own, the EU has more world dominating potential but it currently is too weak, corrupt and divided, the short term future is multi-polar, however avoiding war is important one way or another.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

China is a paper tiger that will collapse and Russia is too small and weak to rule the world on its own, the EU has more world dominating potential but it currently is too weak, corrupt and divided, the short term future is multi-polar, however avoiding war is important one way or another.
    You go ahead and keep on posting that, while China has taken over setting the international price of gold.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

You go ahead and keep on posting that, while China has taken over setting the international price of gold.
    If you are right that is just one more thing that will weaken them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you are right that is just one more thing that will weaken them.

Manipulating the price of gold won't weaken them?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

They all deserve their chains.

Last edited by AuH20; 07-19-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Нахождение основного набора принципов, которые можно применить на протяжении всей жизни для достижения социальной гармонии, - это процесс мышления, который был выполнен философами на протяжении всей истории. Это также мыслительный процесс, который применяется здесь. Стремление к основным принципам для построения общества показало, что идеалы свободы и справедливости в сочетании со свободными и честными рынками - это план, который позволяет процветанию человечества. Приблизительное определение этих идеалов выглядит следующим образом:

Свобода: вы должны быть свободны вести свою жизнь по-своему, если это не мешает другим делать то же самое.
    Правосудие: Людей следует привлекать к ответственности за совершенные ими преступления.
    Свободные и честные рынки: люди могут обмениваться в торговле без ограничений и должны быть честными в своих отношениях.

This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Нахождение основного набора принципов, которые можно применить на протяжении всей жизни для достижения социальной гармонии, - это процесс мышления, который был выполнен философами на протяжении всей истории. Это также мыслительный процесс, который применяется здесь. Стремление к основным принципам для построения общества показало, что идеалы свободы и справедливости в сочетании со свободными и честными рынками - это план, который позволяет процветанию человечества. Приблизительное определение этих идеалов выглядит следующим образом:

Свобода: вы должны быть свободны вести свою жизнь по-своему, если это не мешает другим делать то же самое.
    Правосудие: Людей следует привлекать к ответственности за совершенные ими преступления.
    Свободные и честные рынки: люди могут обмениваться в торговле без ограничений и должны быть честными в своих отношениях.

Are you channeling LGBTQHB?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Are you channeling LGBTQHB?
    I am detecting Russian bots presence.

Rand is being pulverized on Twitter by the usual suspects.

https://twitter.com/search?q=rand%20paul&src=typd

The problem for Tina Nguyen (and her like in the media) is that Trump has successfully outed and discredited them. Most, here, already knew that. But, Trump has discredited their like to a much, much, much wider audience. I love it. Rand Paul is the best senator of my lifetime. Tina Nguyen is unequipped to comprehend his political philosophy because it defies today's shallow right/left paradigm on social media. Her views and articles on Rand Paul specifically, and politics generally, are worthless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast