Thread: Anyone know anyone at mises.org or ronpaulinstitute.org?

Anyone know anyone at mises.org or ronpaulinstitute.org?

I reached out to Ryan McMaken as directed on Mises.org's submissions page and to RPI.org via their contact page almost a week ago and did not receive any response (or even acknowledgement that my inquiries were received). I wrote an article that I think both would find interesting and I'd like to submit it for consideration, but I'm not sure if anyone is actually home at either place. Does anyone here at RPF have (a) contact(s) with either org that they can put me in touch with? If so, please send me a PM. Thanks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you still waiting to hear from someone?

I don't personally but I know one of Mises' "adjunct scholars". I can drop him a line to see if he has any direct email addresses you could use. Lemme know.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I know you're looking to publish somewhere more established (just getting started) but feel free to drop anything for consideration @ https://libertyclick.news/contribute/

Look for Tho Bishop on Facebook
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Are you still waiting to hear from someone?
    Yes. I have not received any response to my inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Look for Tho Bishop on Facebook
    I don't use Facebook (don't have an account).

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Yes. I have not received any response to my inquiries.
    OK let me see if I can get a direct email address for you.

eta: Unfortunately he didn't have any relevant addresses but said you can call Mises directly for guidance at 334.321.2100.

(Better option here)
    Also, if you go to the Faculty and Staff page https://mises.org/faculty-staff , there are direct email addresses and phone numbers for pretty much everyone. Just click their bio and look for the Contact So-and-so link. Whoever you think is most relevant under Staff section for your submission. Collinz mentioned Tho Bishop. His direct email is tho@mises.org looks like their email naming convention is firstname@mises.org
    Last edited by devil21; 03-07-2023 at 02:09 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ok. thanks.
    See my edit above if you haven't.

I've sent emails to both Tho @ Mises and Daniel McAdams gmail account (the forwarding end point for ronpaulinstitute.org apparently). These emails haven't bounced, but there also hasn't been any acknowledgement of receipt or response. Maybe the emails just end up in their spam folders. *sigh*

I've sent emails to both Tho @ Mises and Daniel McAdams gmail account (the forwarding end point for ronpaulinstitute.org apparently). These emails haven't bounced, but there also hasn't been any acknowledgement of receipt or response. Maybe the emails just end up in their spam folders. *sigh*
    I don't know what your paper is about but you could also reach out to ZH (or similar popular blogs/sites) on their About page contact email addresses, since they post interesting stuff from a wide variety of sources and see if they have interest in publishing it. You could maybe set up a substack to publish it to first so you have copyright? Just throwing out ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I don't know what your paper is about but ...
    It's about Ron Paul's Competing Currencies legislation (that never passed) and current events that warrant giving it renewed consideration. ronpaulinstitute.org would be the best (most natural) fit for it. Mises.org would be a decent fit too. I don't think ZH would really be interesting in it - I think they only publish works from people that pay them $$$. I'm not really looking to set myself up as an author in the space, so substack, etc. isn't really interesting to me.

I reached out to Ryan McMaken as directed on Mises.org's submissions page and to RPI.org via their contact page almost a week ago and did not receive any response (or even acknowledgement that my inquiries were received). I wrote an article that I think both would find interesting and I'd like to submit it for consideration, but I'm not sure if anyone is actually home at either place. Does anyone here at RPF have (a) contact(s) with either org that they can put me in touch with? If so, please send me a PM. Thanks.
    Such results are the reason even organizations such as mises and RPI lose credibility with me. We live in the age of computers, and this isn't 1950. Many tihngs can be easily automated, such as acknowledgement notes letting a sender of email or some other message type know that they'd received the missive, and can specify whether and how and perhaps even when a response might be forthcoming.

So far as I am concerned, there is no valid justification for letting anyone's attempt to make contact seem as if it has dropped into the bit-bucket. It is bad form, very unprofessional, ill-mannered, and leaves you looking like an organization unworthy of one's time and interest. It is, in a word, inexcusable. Boo-hiss.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Yes, it's super frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    [...] Many thngs can be easily automated, such as acknowledgement notes letting a sender of email or some other message type know that they'd received the missive [...]

So far as I am concerned, there is no valid justification for letting anyone's attempt to make contact seem as if it has dropped into the bit-bucket. It is bad form, very unprofessional, ill-mannered, and leaves you looking like an organization unworthy of one's time and interest. It is, in a word, inexcusable. Boo-hiss.
    While it may be frustrating for unknown but legitimate senders, there do exist good reasons to refuse to acknowledge the receipt of messages of unfamiliar provenance.

A technique used by spammers to harvest valid email addresses is to automatically generate usernames for a given domain and then send mail to each of the resulting addresses. Any replies to or acknowledgements of such emails will confirm the validity of the addresses to which they were sent. A similar phenomenon occurs for phone numbers with respect to a given area code & prefix, which is why one should be careful about answering unknown callers. (Spammers of the more enterprising sort will then sell their lists of "known good" addresses - or phone numbers - to other spammers.) This can also be exploited as a vector for denial of service attacks, by attempting to overwhelm automated response systems with bogus contact events.

The lack of response to Bern's inquiries may indeed be the result of an unprofessional lack of care and attentiveness, but a policy of "automatically respond to anything received" is not at all a good idea. Anyone adopting such a policy is begging for trouble.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    While it may be frustrating for unknown but legitimate senders, there do exist good reasons to refuse to acknowledge the receipt of messages of unfamiliar provenance.

A technique used by spammers to harvest valid email addresses is to automatically generate usernames for a given domain and then send mail to each of the resulting addresses. Any replies to or acknowledgements of such emails will confirm the validity of the addresses to which they were sent. A similar phenomenon occurs for phone numbers with respect to a given area code & prefix, which is why one should be careful about answering unknown callers. (Spammers of the more enterprising sort will then sell their lists of "known good" addresses - or phone numbers - to other spammers.) This can also be exploited as a vector for denial of service attacks, by attempting to overwhelm automated response systems with bogus contact events.

The lack of response to Bern's inquiries may indeed be the result of an unprofessional lack of care and attentiveness, but a policy of "automatically respond to anything received" is not at all a good idea. Anyone adopting such a policy is begging for trouble.
    Even more sinister, is acknowledging sensitive materials that might be sent. You can only imagine the possibilities, especially in the political arena.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, it's super frustrating.
    Are there phone numbers you can dial to speak with a human person?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

It's about Ron Paul's Competing Currencies legislation (that never passed) and current events that warrant giving it renewed consideration. ronpaulinstitute.org would be the best (most natural) fit for it. Mises.org would be a decent fit too. I don't think ZH would really be interesting in it - I think they only publish works from people that pay them $$$. I'm not really looking to set myself up as an author in the space, so substack, etc. isn't really interesting to me.
    Pretty standard for no response to unsolicited articles. My guess is that they prefer to host articles from people who are already known as liberty oriented writers.

You can always create a blog entry here on RPF, then start a thread with your article as the OP. At least you would get some visibility.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Are there phone numbers you can dial to speak with a human person?
    I haven't found one for ronpaulinstitute.org which is where I think the article would be a best fit. There is a number for mises.org, but I have been waiting on the hope of hearing from rpi.org first.

Try sending email thru his site, looks like 2nd in charge @ Ron Paul Institute

http://adamdick.com/

I appreciate everyone's comments/responses to my plea for help.

Ultimately, I tried many times to contact folks via phone and email - even going so far as to create a clean, virgin gmail account to send from - without any response.

So, I updated my original composition and published it on my own site. It's here if you are curious:

https://www.pmbug.com/threads/gold-a...l-tender.5705/

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Try sending email thru his site, looks like 2nd in charge @ Ron Paul Institute

http://adamdick.com/
    Finding satisfaction through Beltway Libertarians is a losing proposition. I love Dr. Paul and I always will but the entire structure erected around his legacy has been co-opted. Jesse Benton was the writing on the wall way back when.

I hate to say it but 99% of libertarians do jack-$#@! in their daily lives to support the mission these days unless it makes them currency somehow. Selling of souls for imaginary money. If it involves putting ass on the line they don't want anything to do with it. That would be uncomfy and inconveniencing. It's hard to beat the imaginary money printer. At least until the printer runs out of toner, then reality hits again....and they wonder how we got here?!?!?!
    Last edited by devil21; 05-03-2023 at 03:02 AM.

Liberty Report's Instagram page used to be really busy, Daniel was always posting there.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."