Thread: If I can't trust you with a gun, why should I trust you with my kids?

Exclamation If I can't trust you with a gun, why should I trust you with my kids?

Hat Tip @dannno for supplying the picture that I pulled this snip from, from a March for Tyranny near his home in Kalifornia.

You're a teacher.

By your own admission, according to your sign, I cannot trust you with a firearm, for reasons unstated, yet alluded to by a caricature of "hair raising panic".

So what in the flying $#@! makes you think I should trust you with my children?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent! 5* thread once again AF.

Exactly. I've had multiple teachers tell me that you can't trust their peers to be armed.

Their reasons vary but have included:
    - Students could attack the teacher and take their gun (wouldn't it be easier for a student to just bring in a gun instead?)
    - Gun could accidentally go off (no... not really)
    - When angry with a student, teachers may decide to brandish or even use their weapon (wow!!!)

In fact, I've gotten into this argument with several teachers. I simply have no words to say when a teacher tells me that if a teacher is angry, they'll use the gun on their students.

If this is true why the hell are we sending our students to these schools? How can we trust these adults with anything, much less the teaching of our children?

And if the teachers who say this are wrong (I'm sure they are) and think so little of their co-workers... again, why the hell are we letting them anywhere near our kids?
    Last edited by fcreature; 03-27-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by www.thedailybeast.com

When the first sounds of gunshots echoed through the halls of Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday morning, Dawn Hochsprung left the safety of her office and took off running toward the shooter, who had forcibly entered through the front doors. School therapist Diane Day, who was with her when they heard a “pop, pop, pop” in the hallway, said the principal, along with psychologist Mary Sherlach and the school’s vice principal, didn’t spare a moment before running out to investigate the noise.
    "They didn't think twice about confronting or seeing what was going on," Day told The Wall Street Journal.
    Only the vice principal returned, with a gunshot to the leg. She would be the only surviving victim of the attack.

On Saturday, officials in Newtown, Conn., lauded the heroism of Hochsprung,

What a waste of a brave and selfless human being. There are police who are armed, who will never demonstrate the kind of heroism that
    Hochsprung did. Whats truly unfortunate is when one considers how much more effective Hochsprung would have been with even a .380 auto - heck a .22.

I'm not saying every teacher must be armed, but it should be an option for those who choose to be. I mean, we have so called educated people telling their staff to keep pales of river stones in their class rooms... They know that running and hiding is not a good solution.

The fact is, these mass shootings are fueled by media coverage. The protests and all the attention is not lost on those who want to destroy human life. Even if the media wasnt so recklessly irresponsible with the coverage, camera phones and social media will ensure that psychopathic killers get the attention they desire, for their demented cause. This problem will only get worse - the only solution is to arm the targets. Single action rifles are still a formidable weapon against stones - these so called educators need to wise up.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

“What if Americans don’t want to give up their guns?” (the BIG question NO dem will talk about)

Dem Lawmaker: We Don't Want To Confiscate Guns, We Want To "Seize" Them (wat??)

A Georgia state lawmaker said she didn’t want to take guns away from Americans. She only supports legislation that would seize them.

During an interview with Tucker Carlson,
    Thomas: "I'm not talking about taking the guns from law-abiding citizens.....
    I’m talking about a ban on assault rifles.
    We are not trying to promote a militia.
    What war are we going at that we need assault rifles?”

Carlson quotes the bill Thomas herself said she supported:

“The Georgia Bureau of Investigation shall seize and take possession...
    of any assault weapon, large capacity magazine, armor piercing bullet or incendiary fifty caliber bullet.”

Carlson then asks how that confiscation will be received by hundreds of thousands of law-abiding gun owners in her state

Thomas won’t answer what a “seizure” of guns from law-abiding citizens who don’t want to give up their morally acquired property would look like.

They then move on to hand guns...

Carlson: "Since assault rifles, relatively speaking, cause few deaths, handguns cause the overwhelming majority of deaths.....
    why are you not calling for banning handguns and seizing and taking possession of handguns…
    if you care so much about gun violence?”

Thomas: "“I would ask you the same question....
    Would you call for a ban on handguns? No, you wouldn’t!” she exclaimed.
    “So why can we not put a ban on assault rifles? That is the question. Why not?”

(sigh.) The answer is potato.

full metal jacket
    Last edited by goldenequity; 03-27-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Georgia dems are about as retarded as West coast dems from the interviews I have watched in the past couple decades .

What price to parents consider worth the life of their own child? People say they can't afford to home school. But you just spend $80K for a new SUV? You have two kids and a 5K sq ft house? You can't downsize for a few years and home school?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    What price to parents consider worth the life of their own child? People say they can't afford to home school. But you just spend $80K for a new SUV? You have two kids and a 5K sq ft house? You can't downsize for a few years and home school?
    Female vanity is a bitch.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Exactly. I've had multiple teachers tell me that you can't trust their peers to be armed.

Their reasons vary but have included:
    - Students could attack the teacher and take their gun (wouldn't it be easier for a student to just bring in a gun instead?)
    - Gun could accidentally go off (no... not really)
    - When angry with a student, teachers may decide to brandish or even use their weapon (wow!!!)

In fact, I've gotten into this argument with several teachers. I simply have no words to say when a teacher tells me that if a teacher is angry, they'll use the gun on their students.

If this is true why the hell are we sending our students to these schools? How can we trust these adults with anything, much less the teaching of our children?

And if the teachers who say this are wrong (I'm sure they are) and think so little of their co-workers... again, why the hell are we letting them anywhere near our kids?
    You've touched at the root of gun control, prohibition and many other "bans" of all sorts.

Projection.

Because so many of the Bolshevik left, and the general population for that matter, are unstable, unhinged lunatics, ready to snap at a moment's notice, in their mind, you must be as well.

And therefore are not to be trusted with any freedom whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You've touched at the root of gun control, prohibition and many other "bans" of all sorts.

Projection.

Because so many of the Bolshevik left, and the general population for that matter, are unstable, unhinged lunatics, ready to snap at a moment's notice, in their mind, you must be as well.

And therefore are not to be trusted with any freedom whatsoever.
    Mass hysteria

In sociology and psychology, mass hysteria (also known as collective hysteria, group hysteria, or collective obsessional behavior) is a phenomenon that transmits collective illusions of threats, whether real or imaginary, through a population in society as a result of rumors and fear (memory acknowledgement).
    Now see the globalist, liberal, amendment shredding, meme-monger will tell you it is you and me that subscribe to this definition,

You and me are a collective of that transmits illusions of threats as a result of rumors and fear.

Great definition, but, lets look at the truth.

You and are have no MASS. Definition...

2. the majority of.
    We are a minority that takes measure without histrionics.