Thread: We need an amendment forcing an election in the event a POTUS is replaced by his VP

We need an amendment forcing an election in the event a POTUS is replaced by his VP

In my preferred system which I have posted here this would almost certainly happen.
    But if we don't ever get my system we need an amendment to the current Constitution to do this.

The Biden/Harris gambit must never be allowed again.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is not one election enough? If you do not approve of the VP do not vote for the POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Is not one election enough?
    What? Don't you get all libidinous every time there's an election?! Maybe that's just me. I think we should have an election every Friday! What better way to close out the work week?! And we'd be doing our democratic duty at the same time??! Sounds like nirvana!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    What? Don't you get all libidinous every time there's an election?! Maybe that's just me. I think we should have an election every Friday! What better way to close out the work week?! And we'd be doing our democratic duty at the same time??! Sounds like nirvana!
    I would go for one six year term for POTUS. Forget all the campaigning for term 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Why? How does one of those racist bubblehead figureheads offend you more than the other?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Is not one election enough? If you do not approve of the VP do not vote for the POTUS.
    That is not what most of the public will do.
    You can't demand that human nature and the average intelligence change to solve problems.

And why do you assume that the Trojan Horse VP will always be known to be objectionable?

People vote for a President and are stuck with his choice of a VP, if Trump had died in office I would certainly not have wanted Pence to fill out the remainder of his term.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In my preferred system which I have posted here this would almost certainly happen.
    But if we don't ever get my system we need an amendment to the current Constitution to do this.

PENCE, had he more brassballz + the back up of eight full time Cabinet members,
    he could have jumped Trump over the past year. I think most Democrats assumed
    that Biden being 78 heading onto 79 opens things up for Harris to be front row and
    center each time POTUS makes a major decision. Obama kept JOE in the loop, he is
    now returning the favor. If he can't function any better than Calvin Coolidge did if
    before, during or after his nap time, BIDEN will step aside. She is not a shock. She
    is there as a package deal. In lieu of Hillary C. Pence struck a similar deal in 2o16.
    Last edited by Aratus; 02-26-2021 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Just becuz they izzzz a team.... methinks we must think this all thru.... :)

maybe if a POTUS steps in early, into the previous person's term, the way A.J did as Number 17,
    then maybe the bi-election could be a voter mandate year for the term's duration. HST also served
    out much of FDR's term. Didn't want to change the four year cycle, only modify it. Lets be logic.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would go for one six year term for POTUS. Forget all the campaigning for term 2.
    In that case, allow a second term but non-consecutive. And keep it 4 years. 6 is too long.
    That way you get rid of the campaigning for a second term thingy, but it would allow a popular president to return later.
    "I am a bird"

You're thinking is boxed. The solution is freedom, not more contingency-based restoration/perpetuation of the Tyrant's game.

Yes. That's what we need. More say on the part of average American voters over who the president is.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Yes. That's what we need. More say on the part of average American voters over who the president is.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H. L. Mencken
    Ya , pretty sure Yang can beat out harris after she replaces biden. Once everyones UBI is in place there will be less resistance and less voting .LOL
    Do something Danke

We need an amendment in the event a Leftist is elected President.

So that he can be promptly removed.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    You're thinking is boxed. The solution is freedom, not more contingency-based restoration/perpetuation of the Tyrant's game.
    Human nature will not change so I am designing a system to deal with instead of trying to change it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    We need an amendment in the event a Leftist is elected President.

So that he can be promptly removed.
    Recalls are a good idea.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post

-H. L. Mencken
    Let the state legislators pick the Electors if you like.
    What we don't need is unelected (nobody cares who the VP on the ticket is) people ruling.

When government fears the people there is liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just what we need, a lame duck with no incentive to serve the people.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Human nature will not change so I am designing a system to deal with instead of trying to change it.

All well and good, but this is not a first-tier problem.

If we agree that some form of minimalist governing body is acceptable as being possibly the best practical alternative in a world of huge human populations, then the foremost consideration pursuant to the goal of keeping tyrants at bay is to institute a system of brute punishments for any governmental instrument that violates the rights of those to whom they swear oaths of good faith and service.

When the consequence of the least unamended violation of one's rights is, say, twenty years at hard labor, the sentence of which may be augmented in the event of poor behavior, the brands of shenanigans we now witness daily would disappear in short order.

Remove the power to legislate. We do not require legislation. We need principles such as those found in English common law. Apply those principles adeptly and honestly and justice is served without statute.

These two measures alone would go a long way to removing tyranny. Leave me to write the Laws (principles) and architect the new order of freedom and America would be transformed in a very short time.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Just what we need, a lame duck with no incentive to serve the people.
    Reduce POTUS to pure executive with no policy prerogatives. All policy decisions are made in Congress and would require 3/4 super majority. Or perhaps policy is made a thing of the past. What good is a "law" if the policy is to not enforce it? Remove POTUS as CIC, leaving ALL military matters to... <DRUMROLL>... THE MILITARY! They decide how to prosecute war. They must concur with the diplomatic decision to go to war, which is to say that if Congress and the Executive say yea but the military says no, at the very least the dispute might go to an emergency hearing by the courts to decide. That sounds too prone to human failing, so I'm not at all sure that is what I would want, but at least this gives an idea of what I am thinking. Less power in everyone's hands, and way more horrific consequence for unamended violation.

And if the president has no incentive to serve, make it easier to remove him. But if his main role becomes one of diplomacy, who'd want the job anyhow?

My point is to de-ball "government" to the greatest degree possible. Make is possible for anyone to dispatch a government agent who acts in violation of those to whom they swear service. If a cop attempts to violate you and you shoot him stone-dead, you stand safe from prosecution. If you do so in error, you would stand to suffer severe punishment. The whole idea here is to make violation by ANYONE a very risk-laden and costly business. It is high time Americans grew the hell up because we are a race of toddlers in far too great a proportion. It is long time we cut the $#@!, engaged our good brains, and put in place a system of protection (note how I do not use "governance"). I have done this work over the course of many years of thinking carefully on the relevant matters. If Americans were actually interested in freedom, which I contend tey are not, this notion would have been investigated long ago. If someone like me can come up with solutions, then by all means so could smart people... if they wanted to. But they don't, so here we are.

A new architecture of freedom is needed prior to taking material action against Themme. A new attitude is also needed, which is a far taller order. But after that, mass civil disobedience would bring Themme to their knees in short order, though I suspect the cost could nonetheless be high. I could easily see Themme unleashing multiple bioweapons on the world in their play to divert our attention in order to retain power. But if it came to that, then I would say we slaughter them and their families to the man as that reaction to our threat to their false power would be sufficiently beyond the pale to justify so hard-hearted a response. IMO, anyone willing to do such a thing, especially for such paltry a reason, should have their genetic line removed from the world without hesitation, compunction, or mercy.

Some will balk at all this - fine. But if you are serious about freedom in the face of a Tyrant who would see you and all your posterity destroyed before allowing so much as a threat to his hegemonic rule, then you have to do what is needed and dispense with all equivocations, wanting to have without having to pay. $#@! or get off the pot already.
    Last edited by osan; 02-26-2021 at 06:28 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.