Thread: Woman gets backlash for having invasive bear killed

Woman gets backlash for having invasive bear killed

Bear tries to break into my house, I'd shoot the damn thing, too.

FOREST FALLS, Calif. – A mother of three has provoked a backlash for having a bear shot after it repeatedly broke into her Southern California mountain home.

Julie Strauja of Forest Falls tells the San Bernardino Sun that she's received death threats and her address was posted on social media by ill-wishers.

Strauja says she got a state wildlife permit to kill the bear after it broke into her home two days in a row -- injuring her dog and winding up in the kitchen.

When it tried to enter her home on the third day, she had a friend shoot it.

Strauja says she was concerned for her children. But some residents say she should have tried other measures.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/07...ar-killed.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Bear tries to break into my house, I'd shoot the damn thing, too.
    And I wouldn't have bothered with a permit.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    @TheTexan
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

No kidding. Critics can go live with the bear if they want.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

She waited to get a permit? SMH. Some bears are awesome, they ride bikes, wear hats, eat porridge and walk on two feet, even the vid's of them using peoples pool are ok because they keep their distance and are in and out and nothing gets damaged too much . The rest of them are pretty meh. They're always crossing the line between a wonder of nature and being the worst neighbor you could imagine. I found this vid the other day as a matter of fact and you can tell this one crosses that line and keeps on walking.

FOREST FALLS, Calif
    Understand now?

Thanks. I would report p4p but it wouldn't do much good. He's already on every state local and federal list possible.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    She waited to get a permit?
    She's a great American
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The safest way to kill a bear, is absolutely, with a permit
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The safest way to kill a bear, is absolutely, with a permit
    I can't imagine the bear would've died without the permit.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    No kidding. Critics can go live with the bear if they want.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Thanks. I would report p4p but it wouldn't do much good. He's already on every state local and federal list possible.
    If you don't report me I might report you for not reporting me.

I had a friend that killed a bear with a knife.

He said the bear started it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

And how did anybody know this happened, unless, of course, she blabbed it all over FedBook.

What the $#@! is wrong with people???

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I had a friend that killed a bear with a knife.

He said the bear started it.
    If it weren't a Black yearling then that is one tough hombre! Keep on the good side.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And how did anybody know this happened, unless, of course, she blabbed it all over FedBook.

What the $#@! is wrong with people???
    "People" gotta shaaaaare. It's all the new rage. Every aspect, every second.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If it weren't a Black yearling then that is one tough hombre! Keep on the good side.
    Jacko was very large man. Nice guy.

and a true story.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Jacko was very large man. Nice guy.

and a true story.
    Well don't keep us on the edge of our seats! How big was the Baaaaar? Was it a Kodiak lookin' fella 'bout nineteen feet tall?

Well don't keep us on the edge of our seats! How big was the Baaaaar? Was it a Kodiak lookin' fella 'bout nineteen feet tall?
    Full sizes Michigan Black bear. Likely outweighed Jacko by a few pounds. He was close to 300.

He was not proud of the fact. He respected bears. and it was self defense.. (the bear started it)

Jacko was a big guy. I watched him straighten a early 60s Ford Bumper.. with his bare hands.

He walked a 40 ft trailer 1/2 a mile down the road to the next site.. cuz he was tired of waiting for a tow.

just a big guy.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Full sizes Michigan Black bear. Likely outweighed Jacko by a few pounds. He was close to 300.

He was not proud of the fact. He respected bears. and it was self defense.. (the bear started it)

Jacko was a big guy. I watched him straighten a early 60s Ford Bumper.. with his bare hands.

He walked a 40 ft trailer 1/2 a mile down the road to the next site.. cuz he was tired of waiting for a tow.

just a big guy.
    He shouldn't feel too bad. As you say the bear started it. Yeah, definitely keep him on your good side.

Since posting this, I'm getting this ad. I think I'd rather have a gun than a tactical flashlight against a bear.

Since posting this, I'm getting this ad. I think I'd rather have a gun than a tactical flashlight against a bear.

But that might hurt the bear's eyes. Where can I get a tactical diaper?

just a big guy.
    Holy $#@!.
    I am the spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SewrRatt View Post
    But that might hurt the bear's eyes. Where can I get a tactical diaper?
    I could've used a tactical diaper when I had my bear encounter. I was on my way to the potty and almost had an accident.