Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Orange in icing CAN be done right, it just usually isn't. My favorite cake/frosting flavors are the classics, but I have had Halloween-themed Kahlua cupcakes with orange icing that were amazing. The trick is to make it yourself with fresh citrus zested in there, and to remember to be SUBTLE so that it doesn't taste like a weird gloopy Sunny D thing. Vanilla cupcakes with orange frosting can taste a little like those orange popsicles with the cream in the middle, which is nice in summer. Strawberry cupcakes with whippy light creamy icing is also good. It just doesn't sound like she can pull off the right ratios, or she might be buying the premade stuff. Their idea of "flavoring" is sometimes questionable. To me, most of it tastes like cough syrup somehow.

Is she close enough for you to bring a covered dish? Knowing it's pizza and cupcakes, you could bring a good salad or some kind of portable finger food that you could then gorge on. I'm not talking gourmet, but at least you would not starve, and you would be other parents' hero.

I have done stuff like that with money I have given someone $217.88 (the number had some significance) before by giving them a card that said the money was hidden around their house and wishing them luck. Some of it was taped to the top of the ceiling fan, some was rolled up in shoes, some was in the coffee maker (in a Ziploc bag, and in the top, so they'd see it before they made the coffee), and so on. Small bills/coins.
    She makes it. *gag* It's not worth the hassle to take something. My niece is nutty as a fruitcake (bi-polar, schizophrenic with multiple personalities - that's not a joke) and would take offense. I don't want to stir the pot with a crazy person. I love my niece, I love my great-niece and I just want them both to have a good day. I only bitch about it here because I would never say anything about it in real life. Anyway, I have to eat one and brag on it because she'll hound me until I do. Plus, I don't think her meds have been working lately because she's been doing crazy $#@!.

HAHA, I may steal hiding the money on the fan. Since my kids have gotten older, I give them money for Christmas but I just wrap a bunch of rolled coins and other miscellaneous bills in with the clothes I buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

HAHA, I may steal hiding the money on the fan. Since my kids have gotten older, I give them money for Christmas but I just wrap a bunch of rolled coins and other miscellaneous bills in with the clothes I buy them.
    Bonus: It usually gets them to clean their house over time, since they run into all those dusty neglected areas looking for money.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

This belongs in this thread;

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    This belongs in this thread;

My doge just lays there and licks his ass until someone feels sorry for him or gets grossed out. Seriously, I've thrown steak down there and he just sniffed it and went right back to licking his butt hole. O_o
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bacon with butternut squash and kale, with some smoked ghost pepper powder for heat.

edit:
    and I got a pot of chicken stock working up on the stove for a: chicken, fennel, artichoke and escarole soup for the next couple days.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 10-22-2016 at 05:59 PM.

I sprang for some Yuengling and an order of loaded fries at the birthday party. The fries were suppose to have cheese (I don't think that was cheese), bacon (It didn't even smell good), and sour cream (that's the only part that seemed legit).

The cupcakes were surprisingly good, though. My niece didn't make them, thank God. A friend of hers who works in a bakery made them and once I peeled off the Pac Man fondant, they were yummy.

Grilled shrimp & scallops , fried shrimp and clams , fries , onion rings , slaw , hush puppies and Big Butt Dopplebock .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Grilled shrimp & scallops , fried shrimp and clams , fries , onion rings , slaw , hush puppies and Big Butt Dopplebock .
    Got any leftovers?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Orange in icing CAN be done right, it just usually isn't. My favorite cake/frosting flavors are the classics, but I have had Halloween-themed Kahlua cupcakes with orange icing that were amazing. The trick is to make it yourself with fresh citrus zested in there, and to remember to be SUBTLE so that it doesn't taste like a weird gloopy Sunny D thing. Vanilla cupcakes with orange frosting can taste a little like those orange popsicles with the cream in the middle, which is nice in summer. Strawberry cupcakes with whippy light creamy icing is also good. It just doesn't sound like she can pull off the right ratios, or she might be buying the premade stuff. Their idea of "flavoring" is sometimes questionable. To me, most of it tastes like cough syrup somehow.

Is she close enough for you to bring a covered dish? Knowing it's pizza and cupcakes, you could bring a good salad or some kind of portable finger food that you could then gorge on. I'm not talking gourmet, but at least you would not starve, and you would be other parents' hero.

I have done stuff like that with money I have given someone $217.88 (the number had some significance) before by giving them a card that said the money was hidden around their house and wishing them luck. Some of it was taped to the top of the ceiling fan, some was rolled up in shoes, some was in the coffee maker (in a Ziploc bag, and in the top, so they'd see it before they made the coffee), and so on. Small bills/coins.
    I thought it was cough syrup .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Got any leftovers?
    I ate them all a little later .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I ate them all a little later .
    Damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    edit: and I got a pot of chicken stock working up on the stove for a: chicken, fennel, artichoke and escarole soup for the next couple days.
    I gotta say, this chicken soup turned out great, it has impressed everyone from the 92yr old Sicilian GIL, the MIL and DW. not to mention the chef himself.

Chicken stock made from 12 broken leg bones, cartilage, skin, peppercorn, salt, couple splashes of red wine vinegar, 1 bundle of parsley, and all the leaves/stalks from one fennel bulb.
    +
    1 pureed garlic bulb
    1 pureed white onion
    1 chopped fennel bulb
    2x 12oz bags of quartered frozen artichoke hearts
    ^all that sautéed in olive oil in that order
    add 1 big bag of chopped escarole after everything else is cooked tender and soup is cooling.
    + 1/2 box of ditalini (or other small pasta) cooked separately.
    serve with a spoonful of grated parmesan on top.

It is definitely on the to cook again list...
    Last edited by specsaregood; 10-24-2016 at 08:11 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My doge just lays there and licks his ass until someone feels sorry for him or gets grossed out. Seriously, I've thrown steak down there and he just sniffed it and went right back to licking his butt hole. O_o
    Have you taken him to the vet? His anal glands may be swollen and need to be expressed, or he could have parasites. There's a reason he is doing this.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Have you taken him to the vet? His anal glands may be swollen and need to be expressed, or he could have parasites. There's a reason he is doing this.
    Now ladies, I consider myself as much of an adventuresome eater as the next guy without his own food network series. But could we take the talk of ass licking, anal gland expressing and parasite hunting in one's nether regions to any of the many threads on the site dedicated to Hillary, Trump or Johnson rather than the Dinner thread?

Yes, my doge is well vetted. Aside form being blind, he's in excellent health.

I think it is imitation of something he saw his owners do.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Pork chops. cornbread, mashed potatoes, turnip greens...

My mom cooked and our kitchen looks like a disaster. She is the messiest cook I've ever seen. Seriously, I swear she throws flour up in the air when I'm not looking.

Quiche and mushroom soup.

Chicken pot pie last night , enough of the cat food , real Bratwurts tonight .
    Do something Danke

Burgers, fries and salad.. Maybe pics later.
    "I am a bird"

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Halloween candy.

Halloween candy.
    Whut about pumpkin soup ?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Whut about pumpkin soup ?
    I'm not part of the pumpkin culture.That $#@! has gotten out of hand. I forgo pumpkin on principle. Although I did have a pumpkin facial that was lovely the other week. I didn't choose it, though. That just happened to be the special.

I'm not part of the pumpkin culture.That $#@! has gotten out of hand. I forgo pumpkin on principle. Although I did have a pumpkin facial that was lovely the other week. I didn't choose it, though. That just happened to be the special.

yeah, stuff tastes like barf, especially the pumpkin beers.

yeah, stuff tastes like barf, especially the pumpkin beers.
    Well, pumpkin soup can actually be pretty tasty.
    "I am a bird"

Now ladies, I consider myself as much of an adventuresome eater as the next guy without his own food network series. But could we take the talk of ass licking, anal gland expressing and parasite hunting in one's nether regions to any of the many threads on the site dedicated to Hillary, Trump or Johnson rather than the Dinner thread?
    lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Home made pork pot pie tonight...

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dunno. There's still some Halloween candy left...

burgers on home grown crooked neck squash bread

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast