Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1904

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I must've fallen asleep before they made that clear.
    naw, it was a few episodes later....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do Not Abandon Your Pet
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Started The Punisher

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Started The Punisher
    On the fourth episode and beginning to hope that the punished isn't gonna be us.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    On the fourth episode and beginning to hope that the punished isn't gonna be us.
    I’ve liked all the other Defender series but I didnt like this guy’s character when he was in the Walkng
    Dead and not caring for it here much..I liked the Thomas Janes version better I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I’ve liked all the other Defender series but I didnt like this guy’s character when he was in the Walkng
    Dead and not caring for it here much..I liked the Thomas Janes version better I think.
    Yeah, me too.
    Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving!

What do you think of fish, lily? Since the Lenten fast, I've developed a taste for it. I seem to do better on it than poultry, red meat, etc. My staples are salmon (yay omega 3s! ) and tuna. I'm thinking of rotating tilapia back into the routine when I get a chance too. Thanks! ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Dead End Job
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The vikings are coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The Orville has a race that has no females. And speaking of The Orville, I am liking the show more than I want to. For those of you who want to see an episode with biting social commentary seek out the episode titled "Majority Rule"

I like it even with the gay guys. I don't mind gay people in shows, I just don't like the graphic guy/guy sex scenes.

MacFarlane's show is an homage to Star Trek that critics have largely hated. Writing in the Washington Post, critic Hank Steuver called the program "the first real stinker of the fall season, a deep-space dud, recommended only for those who like to study cases of creative bankruptcy."
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonatha.../#4ad5f3e9762e
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I like it even with the gay guys. I don't mind gay people in shows, I just don't like the graphic guy/guy sex scenes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonatha.../#4ad5f3e9762e
    I know! According to Rotten Tomatoes the critics almost all think it's a terrible show. I think it's awesome. I don't watch any of the other shows on the Forbes list. I have become addicted to Supernatural though.
    Last edited by angelatc; 11-26-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Doogie Howser, House,
    hybrid?
    With a pinch of Rainman.
    Oh yes - thanks for the heads up on this. My son and I binged it yesterday - it was a good time.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I know! According to Rotten Tomatoes the critics almost all think it's a terrible show. I think it's awesome. I don't watch any of the other shows on the Forbes list. I have become addicted to Supernatural though.
    I do watch Star Trek Discovery. I love Star Trek but I haven't really gotten into the past several shows. At first, I thought this one was going to be another dud because the first two episodes were kinda dumb BUT they killed off almost all the annoying people so I decided to stick with it and I'm glad I did. I really like this new captain.

Captain Gabriel Lorca: I did choose you, but not for the reasons you think. Your assumption that the Klingons were waiting in ambush at Binary Stars was predictive. You chose to do the right thing over what was sanctioned, even at great cost to yourself. And that is the kind of thinking that wins wars. The kind of thinking I need next to me. Universal law is for lackeys. Context... is for kings. Now, what's it to be, Michael? What's in your future?

I do watch Star Trek Discovery. I love Star Trek but I haven't really gotten into the past several shows. At first, I thought this one was going to be another dud because the first two episodes were kinda dumb BUT they killed off almost all the annoying people so I decided to stick with it and I'm glad I did. I really like this new captain.

Captain Gabriel Lorca: I did choose you, but not for the reasons you think. Your assumption that the Klingons were waiting in ambush at Binary Stars was predictive. You chose to do the right thing over what was sanctioned, even at great cost to yourself. And that is the kind of thinking that wins wars. The kind of thinking I need next to me. Universal law is for lackeys. Context... is for kings. Now, what's it to be, Michael? What's in your future?
    I've been watching The Next Generation, and I'm really liking it. I've never watched Star Trek anything before, now I'm almost done with season 3 and moving to 4. Is Discovery a prequel, because Klingons are at peace in Next Gen?

I love Star Trek too but I figured the new one was probably just a hot mess of prog blather

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I fell asleep watching the first movie

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I've been watching The Next Generation, and I'm really liking it. I've never watched Star Trek anything before, now I'm almost done with season 3 and moving to 4. Is Discovery a prequel, because Klingons are at peace in Next Gen?
    Check out the Star Trek "Voyager" series. It is well written and touches on a lot of subjects that we have discussed in here.
    As for the Next Generation, my favorite character was Data, the incredible android who helps us to explore our inner selves as well as our humanity.
    Last edited by navy-vet; 11-27-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I dropped The Next Generation on Netflix years ago. It never really stuck with me. The movies were good though.

Check out the Star Trek "Voyager" series. It is well written and touches on a lot of subjects that we have discussed in here.
    As for the Next Generation, my favorite character was Data, the incredible android who helps us to explore our inner selves as well as our humanity.
    Will do. I'm liking the series enough I'm staying away from spoilers, which isn't too difficult for a 20 y/o show. Although just from season 3 of Next Gen, and what I know about the Kirk movie where they go to Sea World, I've learned time travel/distortions are a thing.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I watched The Orville so far and despite some stuff I dont really care for, I think The Orville did a much better job of being the new Star Trek much more so than any of the other new actual Star Trek for TV stuff.

Now, as far as the stuff I dont really care for in The Orville, everything being about sex and gayness, but that is damn near EVERY show now. Excluding those issues, I actually like the show quite a bit, especially the humor. "Klingons? Yeah, we're not getting off at 5 today, are we?" (or whoever the Klingons were in Orville. Or looking at their big giant screen and remarks like "Its like watching a giant screensaver." But as far as the rest of the crap, with a few exceptions, its either Feminazi Worship, Cop Worship, War Whorship or Glorification of Stupidity. Batman is a COP DRAMA. Lucifer is a COP DRAMA. Supergirl is Feminazi Worship show that does not show one single white male and white female healthy relationship. I've been veering away from every $#@!ing Cop Drama. Wisdom of the Crowd? Group Think Psychology Propaganda for a Total Surveillance State. I dont even bother with half hour sitcoms as they are all excessively demeaning toward men, mainly white men. Only shows that seem to be worth two squirts of piss are some of the Superhero shows, but they are also not without thier major faults. Arrow and Batman get too wrapped up in their own drama and act like real people dont tell jokes. Flash is a bit less serious being intended for a less mature audience, good for eating dinner and talking thru because you dont have to pay any attention to what is going on. Another example of total exclusion of normal healthy relationships. Legends of Tomorrow is more tongue in cheek not so serious doesnt seem to have any focus on interpersonal sexual identity crisis and is plain mindless fun. No growth but more fun than watching "you need govt to protect you from bad guy of the week". Marvel's Inhumans was absolutely awful, look, I got super duper super powers, now lets have a power struggle because I dont have no powers. "The Gifted" was much better, and is actually the only show in recent memory that has a "normal nuclear family".

Other than that, TV is called programming for a reason.

---

The Orville - Gordon Puts Mr. Potato Head Pieces On Isaac
    1776 > 1984

I have found the concept of the "Prime Directive" in the Star Trek saga most interesting, and applicable in more ways than the obvious.

I watched my Vikings last night. I miss Ragnar.

Looking forward to Netflix original sci fi series Altered Carbon due out February 2.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/04/altered-...ailer-netflix/
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast