Thread: Real Estate: Areas where it is safe to buy

Real Estate: Areas where it is safe to buy

An interactive chart from Smart Money

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice chart. Thanks.

Several solid red; no solid green. It will be interesting to compare this with next month.

Do I really trust a nationwide survey of real estate risk that neglected to include the city of Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by legion View Post
    Do I really trust a nationwide survey of real estate risk that neglected to include the city of Chicago?
    hahahah, good point.

Anywhere the local or state economy is natural resource based and costs are low and few restrictions.

Texas, Alaska, Tennesse, etc.

I would love to buy property in the mountains of eastern washington but the average cost of state regulation on housing 200 k per household.

Might buy a 100 acre farm between houston, austin and san antonio. Low prices, very little regulation, long growing season and stable economy.

Compare that to southern california or chicago land. Cost doubles easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen_72289 View Post
    Anywhere the local or state economy is natural resource based and costs are low and few restrictions.

I would love to buy property in the mountains of eastern washington but the average cost of state regulation on housing 200 k per household.

Might buy a 100 acre farm between houston, austin and san antonio. Low prices, very little regulation, long growing season and stable economy.

New Hampshire real estate seems to be very decent compared to most areas in the states.

I was looking at it today actually. There were houses that were twice (or more) what I got my house for here in Canada for the same price. Very stable State as well.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Keep in mind all house prices are padded 10-25% thanks in part to mortgage tax deductions, only matter of time before that goes away which will pave way for another price drop.
    Last edited by Jeez; 11-16-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Now you are talking!

Brian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

watch out for those feral pigs!
    YouTube - pig bomb on animal planet part-1
    texas has a huge pig problem that kills all of your crop
    Last edited by psi2941; 11-17-2010 at 01:32 AM.
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by psi2941 View Post
    watch out for those feral pigs!

texas has a huge pig problem that kills all of your crop
    Problem? Nah, opportunity.

7.62 x 51mm NATO and a smoker.

I like the Puna District on the Big Island, great DIY potential -lotta rain, decent growing conditions, feral pig for the taking, plenty farmers/ranchers/entrepreneurs to trade with,

and any government restrictions bypassed by being a good neighbor, building a gate, and avoiding banks. Seems more and more sellers are working with buyers leaving out the middlemen.

Of course having an active volcano may not be considered "safe", ...but neither is getting out of bed!

Bunkloco