Thread: Gold Eagle Sales Fall 72% in 2017

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is the premium over spot higher on this coin than those of other countries ? It is just bullion so sales need to be tight to spot and I suppose after a time , high spot prices could limit sales too . Once people have purchased what they intend .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Is the premium over spot higher on this coin than those of other countries ? It is just bullion so sales need to be tight to spot and I suppose after a time , high spot prices could limit sales too . Once people have purchased what they intend .
    seems to me a more simply reason- gold sales are not down- US mint/physical gold sales are down- ETF demand is elevated.People are choosing to buy gold via ETFs or at places like gold money or bullion vault rather than owning coins and bars
    Subscribe to Smaulgld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Smaulgld View Post
    seems to me a more simply reason- gold sales are not down- US mint/physical gold sales are down- ETF demand is elevated.People are choosing to buy gold via ETFs or at places like gold money or bullion vault rather than owning coins and bars
    Sometimes when I am checking spot price on Wed & Fri mornings I see ads on Kitco offerering bars at 11 FRN's over spot . The Grey Sheet lists the Eagle premium at 25 over spot . I thought maybe people were buying other forms . Mostly I deal with older coins although the 1/10 oz and 1/4 oz bullion coins seems to sell very well .

Personally , I would not be loading up on paper gold , but that could just be me .