Thread: Ron Paul: Crazy, Brilliant or Misunderstood?

Ron Paul: Crazy, Brilliant or Misunderstood?

Ron Paul: Crazy, Brilliant or Misunderstood?

Patrick Bet-David dives into deep conversations about Ron Paul's career, his beliefs on marijuana and the economy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm honestly jealous of everyone whose ever gotten the chance to meet Ron Paul and have a conversation with him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

He's a bit of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    He's a bit of all.
    You are crazy, Ron is not.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Crazy? No. Not by any definition. Brilliant? Debatable. He hasn't really come up with something new as opposed to promoting that which has been espoused by a minority. Misunderstood? Definitely. That's what happens through government indoctrination of the populace.

Just watched the full interview. The host (Patrick) was great and you can tell Ron was fired up to be there, his energy was terrific.

Full hour Ron Paul interview on huge youtube channel w 800k subs.

Our boy Ron is hitting the mainstream, comment section looks great too.

The title appears to be made to get a bigger audience to tune in whether they agree or not but based on a lot of what was said and his past interviews, the host is clearly a libertarian.

Well deserved, miss the ol man.

Last edited by eleganz; 07-31-2018 at 04:39 AM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was very funny to see the host try and get Ron to smoke weed with him and Ron's reaction!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Crazy? No. Not by any definition. Brilliant? Debatable. He hasn't really come up with something new as opposed to promoting that which has been espoused by a minority. Misunderstood? Definitely. That's what happens through government indoctrination of the populace.
    I would venture to say that his spirit is brilliant. What I see in him is someone who will say what he believes in, even if it's inconvenient. He will say it however, because he knows he is right. That's a brilliant person to me.

Maybe he's not the best at math or has discovered something new, he has however been instrumental in the generation of a new generation of people...

He's definitely not crazy. Misunderstood, of course, but that goes for anyone that's genuine and honest in the media.
    "I am a bird"

Brilliant and misunderstood certainly apply.

Crazy, not so much. But I will say he seems to be disconnected from normals, probably as a result of being surrounded too long by fawning groupies who don't challenge him intellectually.

I respect Dr. Paul. What he has accomplished is amazing.

What he has not accomplished is to educate his base in a way that demonstrates any kind of plan for the future. Nothing has changed and nothing will change until the leadership in his base develops a marketable and doable vision that will compel people to understand the principles of small government liberty and actually put it into place.

Society is more dependent on government than even and whatever I personally want, I am being forced into a way of life I really do not want or need.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

You think you can live without government in the modern world, and everything will fine. Government isn't the problem, it is selfish ideas and wanting to impose their religious rubbish on others that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    You think you can live without government in the modern world, and everything will fine. Government isn't the problem, it is selfish ideas and wanting to impose their religious rubbish on others that is.
    Most of us want a government, a government so small we can barely see it.

Government is the primary tool of those with selfish ideas and those who want to impose their religious rubbish on others.

Stop worshiping government.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment