Thread: Lilly Wachowski - The Matrix was always about weirdosexualism

Exclamation Lilly Wachowski - The Matrix was always about weirdosexualism

Creator Says ‘The Matrix’ Was Always a ‘Trans Metaphor’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...rans-metaphor/

John Nolte7 Aug 2020462
    4:27

In order for this to make sense, you have to know the following: the “Wachowski Brothers,” the duo who created the Matrix trilogy, are now known only as the “Wachowskis.” Why they’re not known as the “Wachowski Sisters” I can’t explain, unless they want to keep their options open after both of them started to identify as women.

Laurence Wachowski is now Lana Wachowski.

Andrew Paul Wachowski is now Lilly Wachowski.

And now Lilly Wachowski claims the original Matrix trilogy was — psyche! — always meant to be an allegory about life as a transsexual.

Speaking to Netflix (by way of Consequences of Sound), the Artist Formerly Known as Andrew Paul, said:

“I’m glad that people are talking about The Matrix movies with a trans narrative. I love how meaningful those films are to trans people and the way that they come up to me and say, ‘These movies saved my life.’ Because when you talk about transformation, specifically in the world of science-fiction, which is just about imagination and world building and the seemingly impossible becoming possible, I think that’s why it speaks to them so much. I’m grateful that I can be a part of throwing them a rope to help them along their journey.”

She explained that the very idea of the Matrix, a simulated reality crafted by machines, “was all about the desire for transformation, but it was all coming from a closeted point of view.” In fact, the character of Switch, played by Belinda McClory in the first film, was originally envisioned as being “a man in the real world and then a woman in the Matrix.”

Yeah, I’m just not seeing it. To begin with, the character of Switch doesn’t switch from a guy to a gal… So this all reeks of hype to me.

You know, I’m someone who gives artists a lot of latitude when it comes to theme, who gives those who interpret art the same amount of latitude. How one interprets art says very little about the artist and everything about the interpreter. Eye of the beholder, and all that. What I see in a movie or television show could be something very different from what someone else sees. It can even be different from what the artist intended (for example), so I respect that.

But come on, this Matrix angle is bull$#@!, is pure pandering to those who crave being pandered to: the shallow, stupid, and spoiled brats we call Wokesters. This is just a way to touch America’s hot button, to gin up some free publicity for the fourth Matrix chapter, which is scheduled for release in 2022 and is something no one asked for.

Where is it? Where’s the connection between the Matrix and a gender switch?

I get the gay analogy in the original X-Men movies. It’s all there, and it’s brilliant.

The only “transformation” in the Matrix, though, is Neo choosing a terrible reality over the blissful ignorance of life in the Matrix. That’s all you got, and that’s pretty thin.

You can find a half-dozen elements in Bryan Singer’s first two X-Men movies that back up the “gay/AIDS allegory” claim: prejudice, people ostracized, born different, the battle between those who believe the system works and can be fixed (Professor X) and the extremists (Magneto), singled out by the government, the ostracized form their own culture and community, learning to take pride in who you are, etc. It’s all there and it works because it’s never on-the-nose. Singer makes his point using the universal color of theme.

So you need a little more than a guy transforming from a human battery to a super-powered freedom fighter to convince me this claim is valid. If battery-to-human is the only hook you have to hang your thesis on, then every movie where someone changes is a “trans” movie. And because almost every movie features a protagonist who is transformed by the experience we just watched them go through…You see what I mean?

That’s not to say the Matrix — at least the first one — is not rich in theme, which is why it is still embedded in our popular culture conversations, and why it’s remained iconic.

In fact, one could argue the Matrix theme goes directly against the primary “trans” narrative, which is that it’s all sunshine and flowers after your transformation. Things don’t get uglier, more difficult, more dangerous… Everything is suddenly clear and good…
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I always wonder what sites AF frequents to get his material (he?) constantly posts here...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I hope they don't say anything crazy about V for Vendetta I still like the Matrix. I wonder if this is their attempt to undermine the message of the movie?

“I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence. I much prefer history, true or feigned, with its varied applicability to the thought and experience of readers. I think that many confuse 'applicability' with 'allegory'; but the one resides in the freedom of the reader, and the other in the purposed domination of the author.”
    -- J.R.R. Tolkien (foreword to the second edition of The Lord of the Rings)

What he said.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I hope they don't say anything crazy about V for Vendetta I still like the Matrix. I wonder if this is their attempt to undermine the message of the movie?
    Wasn't one of the main characters in that movie a suppressed lesbian angry at the church?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I completely forgot that one of the people behind the Matrix was transgender.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Wasn't one of the main characters in that movie a suppressed lesbian angry at the church?
    Main character might be a bit strong to describe her smallish role in the movie. But yes, there was a character Valarie that was being oppressed by the state for her sexual identity. Also, I bet anyone would be angry if the state came after them. Remember the guy that refused to salute Hitler in the pic? nobody accused his of being angry, even though he was pulling a dull face in the pic.

So yes, it has a minor lesbian character that faced oppression from the state

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Not one but 2 of the directors are transgender.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So we'll all break free and become trannies?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    No , just those like you.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They both are.

Both brothers turned into weirdosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    No , just those like you.
    Does this mean I am the one?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I know my tranny has a shaft, and I love to grip the knob and work it back and forth. Wait a minute, there's a cable between the shifter and the tranny, it's front wheel drive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

I still like the Matrix. I wonder if this is their attempt to undermine the message of the movie?
    Well it would undermine the whole "red pill" analogy conservatives like to use, and that may be good enough.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    “I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence. I much prefer history, true or feigned, with its varied applicability to the thought and experience of readers. I think that many confuse 'applicability' with 'allegory'; but the one resides in the freedom of the reader, and the other in the purposed domination of the author.”
    -- J.R.R. Tolkien (foreword to the second edition of The Lord of the Rings)

What he said.
    Hmmm. A Hugo Weaving connection?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ?u=https%u00253A%u00252F%u00252Fi.pinimg.com%u00252Foriginals%u00252F3e%u00252F4f%u00252F0a%u002.jpg  
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I know my tranny has a shaft, and I love to grip the knob and work it back and forth. Wait a minute, there's a cable between the shifter and the tranny, it's front wheel drive!
    My tranny has metal rods activating the shift forks, the knob I grip is genuine Bakelite and the clutch that disengages the tranny is directly linked to the pedal by metal linkage, no hoses containing fluid.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Main character might be a bit strong to describe her smallish role in the movie. But yes, there was a character Valarie that was being oppressed by the state for her sexual identity. Also, I bet anyone would be angry if the state came after them. Remember the guy that refused to salute Hitler in the pic? nobody accused his of being angry, even though he was pulling a dull face in the pic.

So yes, it has a minor lesbian character that faced oppression from the state
    I haven't seen the movie so I don't know anything about it other than bits and pieces. I've always had a problem with libertarians associating themselves with Guy Fawkes. I honestly don't get it. He was a religious terrorist seeking to return England to Vatican rule.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

It's an attempt to "reclaim" Matrix symbology from the right e.g. "red pilled." I hope right wingers don't fall for it.

Not that I'm saying the Wachowskis are lying. Transgenderism might well be a part of its themes, but artist don't get to control what a piece of work means memetically. What resonated with the culture doesn't really have anything to do with transgenders.

Also, always take what a writer says with a grain of salt. They're very frequently not aware of why they wrote something or what it means. Death of the Author doesn't just serve leftist interests, and that's something to remember.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Some become Furries.

I am now deeply concerned at the Firefly series.

Who knows what the writers were "really" thinking??
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I've never read or watched any of the Harry Potter stuff, but I've heard J.K. Rowling has occasionally kicked up some dust over this kind of thing. (Something to do with wizard poop in one case ...)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    [Artists] don't get to control what a piece of work means memetically. What resonated with the culture doesn't really have anything to do with transgenders.

Also, always take what a writer says with a grain of salt. They're very frequently not aware of why they wrote something or what it means. Death of the Author doesn't just serve leftist interests, and that's something to remember.
    As a minor but illustrative example, I'm reminded of the hissy fit a lot of people threw when Reagan's 1984 campaign used Springsteen's "Born in the USA" at campaign events. Reagan's campaign was accused of collectively being too stupid to understand the "true meaning" of the song and its lyrics. On the contrary, I've always thought that the person(s) responsible for choosing to use the song probably understood its "significance" (to the extent it had any) and appeal far better than any of the pissers and moaners did - and entirely regardless of any "authorial stance" Springsteen himself may have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

As a minor but illustrative example, I'm reminded of the hissy fit a lot of people threw when Reagan's 1984 campaign used Springsteen's "Born in the USA" at campaign events. Reagan's campaign was accused of collectively being too stupid to understand the "true meaning" of the song and its lyrics. On the contrary, I've always thought that the person(s) responsible for choosing to use the song probably understood its "significance" (to the extent it had any) and appeal far better than any of the pissers and moaners did - and entirely regardless of any "authorial stance" Springsteen himself may have had.
    lol. I was in an apartment with a bunch of Japanese students and that song came on. They hated it. Not knowing its meaning, which I didn't know either.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    lol. I was in an apartment with a bunch of Japanese students and that song came on. They hated it. Not knowing its meaning, which I didn't know either.
    Its pretty gay , the good springsteen is pink Cadillac .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Its pretty gay , the good springsteen is pink Cadillac .
    Atlantic City.....but any version except his

He's full of $#@!...he said not word about weirdosexualism.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.