Thread: CO-Four hospitalized as computerized train at airport lurches to a halt

Exclamation CO-Four hospitalized as computerized train at airport lurches to a halt

4 Taken to Hospital After Denver Airport Train Malfunctions

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...tions-37780439

DENVER — Mar 19, 2016

Four people including a child were taken to a hospital Saturday after a concourse train at Denver International Airport malfunctioned, jolting passengers when the train abruptly accelerated and then decelerated as it approached a platform in the main terminal.

Airport spokesman Heath Montgomery said the train was carrying about 45 passengers when the accident happened about 2 a.m. Montgomery said 27 passengers were checked out by medics and refused treatment and the others were not injured.

Dan Weaver, a spokesman for University of Colorado Hospital, said he could not provide conditions on the passengers or the extent of their injuries.

Montgomery said the train was coming around a corner when a sensor malfunctioned, causing the train to accelerate. He said another sensor caught the problem and immediately slowed the train down.

"My understanding is that most of the passengers were standing on the train when it jolted, and they were not expecting it," Heath said.

The airport is expecting about 1.1 million passengers this week because of spring break, but he said traffic was slow because there were few overnight flights.

"It could have been worse if it was in the middle of the day," Montgomery said.

He said one track switch was slightly damaged, but it did not affect passenger safety and the four cars involved were replaced. The shuttle trains were back in service later Saturday.

He said the trains are run by a contractor, which was notified and fixed the software problem.

"They are confident in the safety of the system, otherwise we wouldn't operate it," Montgomery said.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "They are confident in the safety of the system, otherwise we wouldn't operate it," Montgomery said.
    Pretty sure they said that when they green lighted it at conception.

Just a glitch, as SkyNet became self-aware...

I rode in those trains when they were brand new. It was 1995. I worked a night shift and a bunch of guys decided to go check out the new airport at the crack of dawn. They had been way over budget and way behind schedule, and it was a big deal when they went totally live.

The whole airport screamed Logan's Run. Nevertheless, if it ran for 21 years without incident, and the failsafe kicked in and prevented a more serious problem, then I'm not sure what the news is here.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I rode in those trains when they were brand new. It was 1995. I worked a night shift and a bunch of guys decided to go check out the new airport at the crack of dawn. They had been way over budget and way behind schedule, and it was a big deal when they went totally live.

The whole airport screamed Logan's Run. Nevertheless, if it ran for 21 years without incident, and the failsafe kicked in and prevented a more serious problem, then I'm not sure what the news is here.
    Oh, I have no idea how many incidents there have been over the last twenty years. Maybe just this one. Maybe one every week.

I just posted it because it tweaked my inherent and natural tendency toward Luddism.

I have been on it several times but usually prefer to walk to the terminal (takes less time and nice to stretch my legs after sitting a couple of hours on a flight). The baggage system had lots of problems at first but the tram has worked pretty well. There was one time in 2012 when they were briefly down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I have been on it several times but usually prefer to walk to the terminal (takes less time and nice to stretch my legs after sitting a couple of hours on a flight). The baggage system had lots of problems at first but the tram has worked pretty well. There was one time in 2012 when they were briefly down.
    How did you walk to terminal B or C?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Checking their map guess I was in Terminal A- usually flying Frontier to Denver. Terminal B is mostly all United. http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv..._tr16where.jpg There is a security check at the end of that skywalk which is usually faster than the one on the floor of the main terminal too.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-19-2016 at 08:29 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    muh teletransporters

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Who owns and has the responsibility and authority for the airport?

Imagine if these all automated transport systems could be hacked. That would kill Google's wetdream of electric cars everywhere.