Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TSA blames you for longer lines at airport security checkpoints

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "Travelers across the country have endured lengthy lines, some snaking up and down escalators..."

How does one line up on an escalator?
    I suppose with the "off" switch.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I recently spent a few days in NJ. Yes, I know.

I noticed that at EWR you no longer have to remove your shoes when going through security. So if they are not willing to compromise safety, then it would appear TSA has been lying to us since its inception when it forced us to remove our shoes, citing the dire safety factor, and so on. That, or they are lying to us now and are in fact willing to compromise safety.

Which is it?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are they screening people before they come into the airport to stand in the cattle line? Looks like a much easier target than trying to get on and hijack a plane.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I recently spent a few days in NJ. Yes, I know.

I noticed that at EWR you no longer have to remove your shoes when going through security. So if they are not willing to compromise safety, then it would appear TSA has been lying to us since its inception when it forced us to remove our shoes, citing the dire safety factor, and so on. That, or they are lying to us now and are in fact willing to compromise safety.

Which is it?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Are they screening people before they come into the airport to stand in the cattle line? Looks like a much easier target than trying to get on and hijack a plane.
    That's what I always thought. Hell, I thought that about the Brussels airport a few years back and looks like the turrist thought the same thing and went and did it.

"If I were a Catholic, I'd have to go to Confession."- Jeh Johnson on the cruise missile Strike in Al Majalah that murdered some 21 children.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    We travel pretty light. I got a free pre-check on my last solo trip. It was very convenient. I wouldn't pay for it, though.
    My wife travels often. She says the precheck lines are typically longer and take longer then regular security.

Congratulations DHS and TSA you have managed to devise an environment for any willing "terrorist" to cause catastrophic damage on any countless number of holidays throughout the year--for "terrorists" no longer have a need to hijack aircraft, they can simply orchestrate a coordinated attack about the endless three-hour TSA screening lines.

...And realize that with every single unwarranted, demeaning, groping search; with each insulting, pointless interrogation; with each distortion of fact and reality; with each new ambiguous or ineffectual agency "rule"; with every baited ridicule directed towards those that question your agency's motives or purpose you are in-fact effecting the true motivation and goal of the "terrorists" you assert yourselves to be protecting your travelers from. Ergo, they no longer need to attack us--AMERICANS, they have got you doing that task just fine on their behalf.
    Last edited by Weston White; 05-18-2016 at 12:22 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    My wife travels often. She says the precheck lines are typically longer and take longer then regular security.
    That has not been my experience
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Congratulations DHS and TSA you have managed to devise an environment for any willing "terrorist" to cause catastrophic damage on any countless number of holidays throughout the year--for "terrorists" no longer have a need to hijack aircraft, they can simply orchestrate a coordinated attack about the endless three-hour TSA screening lines.

...And realize that with every single unwarranted, demeaning, groping search; with each insulting, pointless interrogation; with each distortion of fact and reality; with each new ambiguous or ineffectual agency "rule"; with every baited ridicule directed towards those that question your agency's motives or purpose you are in-fact effecting the true motivation and goal of the "terrorists" you assert yourselves to be protecting your travelers from. Ergo, they no longer need to attack us--AMERICANS, they have got you doing that task just fine on their behalf.
    They could also just go to a crowded mall or movie theater.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They could also just go to a crowded mall or movie theater.
    Would not be the same population density and it does not provide the same psychological impact or elicit the same irrationally heightened response in fear.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Would not be the same population density and it does not provide the same psychological impact or elicit the same irrationally heightened response in fear.

A lot of public venues have large crowds.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Yep, that.

Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

Someone I know just did round trip out of state. From smaller airport. Just a carryon and (1) personal item (another bag). She was "red carded", I hadn't heard of this, which is a random card that allows the passenger to move through without the search. When she got back she was unpacking her bag and felt one of the pockets. Thinking she didn't put anything in there she looked in it. She found a glass smoking bowl and a tiny bit of weed that must have been in there for two years or more. Lol. That might have ended her trip real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Well it's certainly not the TSA's fault, they hire only this country's best & brightest
    doing the jobs real Americans won't do.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Probably not related at all, but many people now carry on all their luggage to avoid airline fees for checked bags. Nah, that couldn't be it. Economic incentives and punishments never effect human behavior, and certainly not in ways unanticipated by central planners.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Someone I know just did round trip out of state. From smaller airport. Just a carryon and (1) personal item (another bag). She was "red carded", I hadn't heard of this, which is a random card that allows the passenger to move through without the search. When she got back she was unpacking her bag and felt one of the pockets. Thinking she didn't put anything in there she looked in it. She found a glass smoking bowl and a tiny bit of weed that must have been in there for two years or more. Lol. That might have ended her trip real quick.
    Myself was surprised when my carry on went through the x-ray machine and they curiously looked at it few times. they pulled it off the line and fumbled around then the agent pulled out a loaded .380 magazine much to my surprise. They looked at me I looked at them and thought oh $#@!, they're going to strip search me then who knows what else.

They asked why it was there and did I have the gun it went to. I explained as I drove to FL I separated my magazine from my firearm going through non-recipratory states and left the magazzine in my suitcase. No I did not have the gun.

Honestly this is where things got weird. They confiscated the magazine and ammunition but returned my leather mag holder. They ran my drivers license, asked a few questions about small towns in my area that only a local would know. This all took about 5 minutes. I was told I would receive a letter and not to ignore it. I was at my gate and headed home.

All in all I was surprised and impressed with the experience (not what everyone was expecting I know). Six months later I received a letter from TSA giving me a list of prohibited items and a warning.

I then applied for pre-check and received it which I was doubtful about qualifying for... go figure
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

What we allow is what will continue.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I've been talking about this with some people. The leading thought is that they want the long lines to increase sign-ups for the PreCheck program. Long term, you'll be a second class citizen if you don't sign up.

To sign up for PreCheck you have to be fingerprinted, pay an $85 fee and provide other documentation.
    Never gonna happen with me. I still make them pat me down whenever I fly, I also make sure to be at the airport at least 2 hrs before my flight and this is even with national flights

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Never gonna happen with me. I still make them pat me down whenever I fly, I also make sure to be at the airport at least 2 hrs before my flight and this is even with national flights
    Illusion of Convenience where being "unregistered" and "free" is very inconvenient.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    doing the jobs real Americans won't do.
    While passing through security the other day, I heard someone thank the TSA employee for doing what he does.

I meant to find that guy and thank him for thanking the TSA agent but I couldnt find him.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

While passing through security the other day, I heard someone thank the TSA employee for doing what he does.

I meant to find that guy and thank him for thanking the TSA agent but I couldnt find him.
    It might have been a display of sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Myself was surprised when my carry on went through the x-ray machine and they curiously looked at it few times. they pulled it off the line and fumbled around then the agent pulled out a loaded .380 magazine much to my surprise. They looked at me I looked at them and thought oh $#@!, they're going to strip search me then who knows what else.

They asked why it was there and did I have the gun it went to. I explained as I drove to FL I separated my magazine from my firearm going through non-recipratory states and left the magazzine in my suitcase. No I did not have the gun.

Honestly this is where things got weird. They confiscated the magazine and ammunition but returned my leather mag holder. They ran my drivers license, asked a few questions about small towns in my area that only a local would know. This all took about 5 minutes. I was told I would receive a letter and not to ignore it. I was at my gate and headed home.

All in all I was surprised and impressed with the experience (not what everyone was expecting I know). Six months later I received a letter from TSA giving me a list of prohibited items and a warning.

I then applied for pre-check and received it which I was doubtful about qualifying for... go figure
    What a nice story! I hope you sent them a thank you letter, for the pleasant experience they were able to provide.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What a nice story! I hope you sent them a thank you letter, for the pleasant experience they were able to provide.
    They are on my Christmas card list

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“Our job is to keep the American people safe,” Johnson told reporters at a news conference. “We’re not going to compromise aviation security in the face of this.”

Because the TSA has thwarted so many attacks in the past decade right??

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    That's what I always thought. Hell, I thought that about the Brussels airport a few years back and looks like the turrist thought the same thing and went and did it.
    Some of the asian airports I have visited you cant even get into the airport without a valid boarding pass and passport, and at the very entrance there is an xray machine just to get into the airport.

In terms of keeping travelers and planes safe, that seemed to be a more effective measure...

"Travelers across the country have endured lengthy lines, some snaking up and down escalators..."

How does one line up on an escalator?

While after several trips to Japan I will agree with the sentiment they are well known for their efficiency and good customer service, pretty top notch overall, however, my very first trip to Japan was a rather scary moment. After deplaning and walking around for a bit the 200+ passengers followed the signs up the escalator. At the TOP of the escalator less than 10 feet away was a gate. The metal shutter was not open so people stood in front of it and waited......within a few seconds the entire top of the escalator was full of people waiting for the gate to open, but there's another 100 people being brought up the escalator. It got pretty crazy for a few seconds as people starting piling into each other and there was no way to stop it as you'd look below and there's still 100 people coming up the escalator. Thankfully the gate opened before it became true carnage of bodies piling on, people being tossed off the escalator or falling down. It looked like it was about to be a massive train wreck.

Here I am halfway up the escalator and I see people slamming into each other at the top, people starting to scream as they can't stop themselves from going forward while they see a wall a people in front of them. There's no more room at the top but tons of people keep piling on. WOW, that was a freaky experience. Almost death by escalator. Felt like Lemmings falling off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    They are on my Christmas card list
    You do know that Christmas is now a terrorism word right?

No, I didn't know that. Learn something new every day. Damn, i'm flying tomorrow too. Hope I didn't loose my pre-check.

Somebody better tell Charlie Brown, poor kid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast