Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul assaulted at Kentucky home (UPDATE: 6 broken ribs)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    motive
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    motive is going to be the key.

The attacker was a leftist extremist. His victim was on the extreme right.

The motive was definitely political, I will guarantee. The attacker's lawyers will come up with some other supposedly motivating incidents, parking on the street or playing music too loud or whatever, but it is political. Mark my words.

More fundamentally, it is temperamental. As I've sometimes been mentioning lately, political beliefs are correlated with all kinds of other beliefs, habits, tendencies, and lifestyle choices, and this whole web of thought and action is heavily biologically-driven.

People on the left are generally r-selected, like rabbits.

People on the right are generally K-selected, like wolves.

The two groups are really virtually two different species. There is a very deep-seated biological enmity between the groups. In a very real way: it's us or them. Life or Death. Survival or Extinction.

That's why this Rabid Rabbit attacked Rand.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Can you please tell me what a "DO" is ? Googling these two letters including "public function" etc. etc. doesn't yield much useful.

A "District Ottorney" ?
    Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (anesthesiology)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    It is not easy to break multiple ribs. Such an injury would have to be caused by use of lethal force. Why are these charges not more severe than "4th degree assault?"
    I don't know but then again, I don't believe you particularly help society by locking up individuals for a very long time. It costs money and when they get out, have they become better people or better criminals ? Depends I guess... But on average you could say something about it. It's not restitution either, it's pure revenge. So no, let him pay the medical bills, any lost income and a big sum as restitution.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    The attacker was a leftist extremist. His victim was on the extreme extremely right.
    Fixed that for ya.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I mean in the time he will be unable to be in the Senate.
    Rand is K. He'll get to the Senate. Mark my words. If he cares about this country, he will crawl, he will hitchhike, he will rent a blooming blimp! He will do whatever it takes to be on the Senate floor voting to cut taxes, free healthcare, and help save America.

No question. This is his Hero's Moment. Rand on the floor in a wheelchair.... Rand fillibustering from a wheelchair....

He has just become ten times more powerful than he was before.

Fixed that for ya.
    Same thing, man. But never hurts to emphasize that.

The attacker was a leftist extremist. His victim was on the extreme right.

The motive was definitely political, I will guarantee. The attacker's lawyers will come up with some other supposedly motivating incidents, parking on the street or playing music too loud or whatever, but it is political. Mark my words.

More fundamentally, it is temperamental. As I've sometimes been mentioning lately, political beliefs are correlated with all kinds of other beliefs, habits, tendencies, and lifestyle choices, and this whole web of thought and action is heavily biologically-driven.

People on the left are generally r-selected, like rabbits.

People on the right are generally K-selected, like wolves.

The two groups are really virtually two different species. There is a very deep-seated biological enmity between the groups. In a very real way: it's us or them. Life or Death. Survival or Extinction.

That's why this Rabid Rabbit attacked Rand.
    I don't know that r/K is entirely applicable within a species, but I'd wager that Moleneux has popularized it's use for his listeners.

A better description would be to use the Myers/Briggs categorization. The left tends to be "F", the right tends to be "T". The term "bleeding heart liberal" once illustrated that distinction.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I don't know that r/K is entirely applicable within a species.
    Why not?

You should read the book!

Rand is K. He'll get to the Senate. Mark my words. If he cares about this country, he will crawl, he will hitchhike, he will rent a blooming blimp! He will do whatever it takes to be on the Senate floor voting to cut taxes, free healthcare, and help save America.

No question. This is his Hero's Moment. Rand on the floor in a wheelchair.... Rand fillibustering from a wheelchair....

He has just become ten times more powerful than he was before.
    Hopefully, he will be in a wheelchair but never be televised in a wheelchair. We will hear about it only in hushed whispers.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    That's what I'd like to know.

Smells like Class-A felony to me.
    I'm pretty sure if I slapped Nancy Pelosi across the face I'd be in jail for a very long time
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Rand better start carrying a gun for his protection. These people aren't right in the head.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I'm pretty sure if I slapped Nancy Pelosi across the face I'd be in jail for a very long time
    Well they would say, she's a woman...

Of course that would be a lie, but that's what happens anymore.

New Details on Rand Paul Assault: Sneak Attack, Possible Political Dispute

by KASIE HUNT and DARTUNORRO CLARK
    NOV 6 2017

Disagreement between Rand Paul and his neighbor over the senator's politics and his property line were possible motives in the Sunday attack that left the Kentucky lawmaker with five broken ribs, a source told NBC News on Monday.

Paul was wearing headphones while mowing his lawn in Bowling Green, Kentucky, when he was attacked from behind by Rene Boucher, 59, on Sunday afternoon, two sources said. Paul suffered five rib fractures, including three displaced fractures.

Paul managed to throw Boucher off of him and they exchange words, sources said.

The two men had not spoken several years and a rift between pair possibly stemmed from Boucher's distaste for Paul's politics, as well as those of his father, former Texas Rep. Ron Paul, a source said.

Paul and Boucher also had a previous disagreement about a property line involving a creek behind the lawmaker's house where Paul's sons would sometimes play, the source added.

Boucher's lawyer denied that politics had anything to go with the fight.

read more:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...ispute-n818021

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    "share"?

Well there's yer problem.

Sheesh, prayers for some healing and peace.
    Fences make good neighbors.

Suspect in attack on Sen. Rand Paul might face more serious charges, police say

By Wesley Lowery and Ed O'Keefe
    November 6

The man accused of attacking Sen. Rand Paul on Friday may soon face more serious criminal charges because the Kentucky Republican is suffering from several rib injuries, law enforcement officials said Monday.

An attorney for the man charged in the attack, Rene Boucher, also said Monday that the dispute had “absolutely nothing to do with either’s politics or political agendas” and was merely “a very regrettable dispute between two neighbors over a matter that most people would regard as trivial.”

But new information about the extent of Paul’s injuries could prompt prosecutors to charge Boucher with a felony, according to Trooper Jeremy Hodges, a spokesman for the Kentucky State Police.

“It requires serious physical injury in order for someone to be charged with a felony,” Hodges said. “Our arresting officer will submit his completed case report and then the prosecutors will make a decision about whether to upgrade those charges.”

The state police investigation remains open and active and the formal police report on the incident has not yet been filed with county officials, Hodges said.

County and state prosecutors didn’t immediately return requests for comment.

The FBI is assisting state and local authorities to see whether there were any violations of federal law, but an FBI spokesman declined to comment Monday on a possible motive.

Boucher was released on Saturday on $7,500 bond and ordered to not have any contact with Paul, his family or offices or to obtain any firearms or weapons of any kind, according to bond paperwork provided by the county.

read more:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...4a0_story.html

I don't get it, how is 5 broken ribs not a serious physical injury?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Fences make good neighbors.
    Yep, couldn't agree more.
    Individual property rights/fences aren't mean or greedy, they just set clear boundaries for the human condition.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

I don't know that r/K is entirely applicable within a species.
    It certainly acts within other species, as biologists know. Even in bacterium we see it! Life adapts to its environment in order to survive and thrive.

When resources are plentiful, r-selection wins the day. Even the most K-selected species, like humans, wolves, and whales, will shift to more r-selecting behavior in such an environment.

When resources are scarce and the environment is harsh, even the most r-selected species, like rabbits, rodents, squid, grass, and even bacteria, will shift into more competitive K-selected behavior (yes, grass can behave!).

r vs. K is a gradient, and the gradient applies everywhere: both within and between phyla, orders, classes, species, and individuals.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A better description would be to use the Myers/Briggs categorization.
    Absolutely. A basic understanding of this finally cleared up for me that a large portion of humanity will never desire liberty no matter how strong an argument you make. It also explains why there are such invariably deep divisions within a supposedly politically homogeneous group such as libertarians, or even specifically Ron Paul supporters.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I think Rand better start carrying a gun for his protection. These people aren't right in the head.
    I tend to agree. If this guy decided that blindly attacking someone was a good idea, what will he do next?

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    read more:

Boucher was released on Saturday on $7,500 bond and ordered to not have any contact with Paul, his family or offices or to obtain any firearms or weapons of any kind, according to bond paperwork provided by the county.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...4a0_story.html
    That would not be comforting. So we have a potential political assassin, being told to go home and be good while living next door to his target?

Now things are starting to sound a bit suspicious...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I tend to agree. If this guy decided that blindly attacking someone was a good idea, what will he do next?

That would not be comforting. So we have a potential political assassin, being told to go home and be good while living next door to his target?

Rand and his family need to find someplace else to stay until the freak is behind bars and/or has lost his house in the civil suit, if neither one happens he needs to move permanently.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I can't imagine that anyone who would sneak up on a U.S. Senator and break 5 of his ribs is of very sound mind. Especially a doctor who is plenty smart enough to know the implications of such an act. I think the guy is unhinged and its disturbing to think that he lives the next house over from Rand.
    Last edited by jct74; 11-06-2017 at 03:43 PM.

I don't know but then again, I don't believe you particularly help society by locking up individuals for a very long time. It costs money and when they get out, have they become better people or better criminals ? Depends I guess... But on average you could say something about it. It's not restitution either, it's pure revenge. So no, let him pay the medical bills, any lost income and a big sum as restitution.
    There's a deterrence factor as well (which I understand some people don't believe in either). In any case, if you can beat the snot out of a senator and only have to pay $5k and spend a year in jail, they might as well be operating it like a dunking booth. Unless they increase the charges, this whole thing is a joke.

Come one come all. Got a ticket? Fantastic! Step right up. Keep throwing 'til you hit the bulls-eye.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-07-2017 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    There's a deterrence factor as well (which I understand some people don't believe in either). In any case, if you can beat the snot out of a senator and only have to pay $5 and spend a year in jail, they might as well be operating it like a dunking booth. Unless they increase the charges, this whole thing is a joke.

Come one come all. Got a ticket? Fantastic! Step right up. Keep throwing 'til you hit the bulls-eye.
    I'm of the mind that Randal probably isn't pushing it harder.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm of the mind that Randal probably isn't pushing it harder.
    If that is true then he needs to move and get bodyguards.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Absolutely. A basic understanding of this [Myers/Briggs personality categories] finally cleared up for me [stuff I was confused about].
    Ahh, but where do the personality differences come from? It is wonderful -- and necessary -- to categorize and organize things, as Aristotle did for the animal and plant life of Earth. But, surely it is a first step, not the consummation of enlightenment. What we inquisitive humans really want to know is "why"? And we want to do that -- and here I can only speak for myself -- so that we can crush and destroy the enemies of liberty and civilization and truth and create a free, good, and virtuous society for our descendants to inhabit.

So, again I ask: but where do the personality differences come from? What would be plausible? Could they be largely caused by factors that are..... biological ? Isn't it true that we as humans are partly.... biological ? Could it be that biology, like White Lives, matters?

Thankfully we know that humans have a spiritual component along with the physical, and thus none of this is purely deterministic. But to plug our ears entirely to the influence of our biology on us? To ignore plain, though perhaps unpleasant, facts, that would be, well, anti-truth, would it not?

a large portion of humanity will never desire liberty no matter how strong an argument you make.
    Which would seem to be a strong argument for keeping these freaks away and far away from you. For those for whom arguments matter. Which, I acknowledge, is not everyone.

Those for whom they do not matter are not creatures who you want as neighbors. Those who advocate massive criminalism, i.e. socialists, leftists, etc., are not creatures who you want as neighbors.

They really aren't.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    I don't get it, how is 5 broken ribs not a serious physical injury?
    I think that when the arrest was made the cops were not aware of the broken ribs.

some Fox News coverage, Shep thinks it is very strange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMJljjsmMi0

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think that when the arrest was made the cops were not aware of the broken ribs.
    More than likely. I imagine assault in the second degree (Class C felony) under KY law will be the charge when all is said and done. No idea if the Feds will pursue anything, but I have a feeling they probably won't.

crush and destroy
    Yeah, that's not really my cup of tea. But Boucher seemed to think it was a good option.

keeping these freaks away and far away from you.
    Are white people with French ancestry a target group now? I'd better make sure I'm carrying my papers.
    Last edited by undergroundrr; 11-06-2017 at 04:45 PM.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast