Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISIS weapons arsenal included some purchased by U.S. government

ISIS weapons arsenal included some purchased by U.S. government

Is this responsible journalism if such reporting could lead to leak of state sponsored secrets?
    Should US media like our closest democratic ally Israel be required to to get "cleared for publication" news clearance from authorized agencies for sensitive issues relating to defense of our freedoms?

ISIS UNCOVERED
    News
    Dec 14 2017, 11:31 am ET

ISIS weapons arsenal included some purchased by U.S. government

by Gabe Joselow

These 122 Chinese light machine guns were recovered from an ISIS site south of Mosul, Iraq. At least one pouch of amphetamine was attached to each.

LONDON — Some weapons bought by the U.S. military in 2015 ended up in the hands of Islamic State fighters within two months, according to a report released Thursday.
    The findings, by Conflict Armament Research (CAR), an independent arms-tracking organization, are based on three years of meticulous documentation of weapons recovered from ISIS on the battlefields of Iraq and Syria.
    CAR used serial numbers or key markings on the weapons to trace them back to their origin and try to piece together how they were obtained by the militants.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/is...rnment-n829201

Had Hillary won, such news may have not been cleared for publication.

Related

Trump: Clinton, Obama 'created ISIS'

Developing: With U.S. blessing, Russian made weapons supplied by Israel to extremist Islamic Jihadis/foreign fighters in Afghanistan

OFFICIALS SAY U.S. PLANS TO DOUBLE SUPPLY OF ARMS TO AFGHAN REBELS

By LESLIE H. GELB , Special to the New York Times
    Published: November 28, 1984

WASHINGTON, Nov. 27— United States officials say $280 million has been earmarked in covert military aid for the Afghan insurgents this fiscal year, more than doubling the aid in the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30.
    This will bring total American aid to $625 million since Soviet troops intervened in Afghanistan in December 1979. This does not include additional aid of $100 million provided last year by Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries, China and Israel, according to official estimates.

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/11/28/wo...an-rebels.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"It's hard to find a conflict or a terrorist group in the Middle East that does not have Iran's Our fingerprints all over it."
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/haley-r...inkId=45908145

ISIS did seize US weapons in Libya when the country collapsed following the death of Gaddafi and they also got weapons from Iraq when Iraqi army abandoned cities ahead of ISIS advances so no surprise they have US weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    ISIS did seize US weapons in Libya when the country collapsed following the death of Gaddafi and they also got weapons from Iraq when Iraqi army abandoned cities ahead of ISIS advances so no surprise they have US weapons.
    Thank you for reminding us of the Party Line Herr Doktor Gerbils.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This is actually quite unusual for Zippy. 'country collapsed following the death of Gaddafi' does not put HRC in a positive light. I am shocked.

Is something he said false?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Who? What?

Killing Gaddaffi led to similar chaos to the removal of Saddam. Both were big mistakes. Overthrowing Saddam led to all the mess we currently have in the Middle East. Bush thought it would be clean, quick, and cheap. Boy was he wrong.

He is trying to imply that the US didn't give them weapons on purpose through various means.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Corrected.
    ISIS didn't get US weapons during the collapse of Libya/Iraq?

You could certainly say that's not the whole story, but that's definitely true.

Killing Gaddaffi led to similar chaos to the removal of Saddam. Both were big mistakes. Overthrowing Saddam led to all the mess we currently have in the Middle East. Bush thought it would be clean, quick, and cheap. Boy was he wrong.
    Zippy throws us a bone.

He is trying to imply that the US didn't give them weapons on purpose through various means.
    From the link in the OP:

The weapons recovered from ISIS and documented in the report come from a wide range of manufacturers and sources.

Many were looted from Iraqi and Syrian government stockpiles as ISIS rampaged across both countries. By early 2015, the group controlled around 35,000 square miles of territory — an area about the size of Indiana
    But in reality, American weapons make up only a minor portion of the small arms documented by CAR. Chinese and Russian arms account for more than 50 percent, with the ubiquitous AK-47 in heavy use.

CAR found most of ISIS' weapons were made before 1990, the year Iraq came under an arms embargo.
    Some were even Nazi era weapons.

James Bevan, CAR's director, found a Mauser rifle manufactured in Nazi Germany in 1941 in an ISIS cache in Baghdad alongside 150 other weapons and improvised explosive devices.
    Oldest weapon found was an 1898 German rifle.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-14-2017 at 08:16 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ISIS didn't get US weapons during the collapse of Libya/Iraq?

You could certainly say that's not the whole story, but that's definitely true.
    I think others including myself saw Zippy's retort as challenging this narrative:

Stating half-truth if is not aimed to obfuscates the presented narrative, it serves not much more than just a conrarion argument that happens to be aligned with establishment media narrative. Sure it has value in a discussion but half-truths like this can hide some bigger truths that consiracy theorist Trump uncovered during campaign.

From the link in the OP:

We know they collect any weapons they can but we also know that the US has been arming them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I think others including myself saw Zippy's retort as challenging this narrative:

Stating half-truth if is not aimed to obfuscates the presented narrative, it serves not much more than just a conrarion argument that happens to be aligned with establishment media narrative. Sure it has value in a discussion but half-truths like this can hide some bigger truths that consiracy theorist Trump uncovered during campaign.
    You know that "Obama Created ISIS" is fake and keep repeating it. (For those who aren't following- ISIS was started in 2006- Obama became president in 2009).

We know they collect any weapons they can but we also know that the US has been arming them.
    The article in the OP which traces the origins of weapons does not support that claim.

The article in the OP which traces the origins of weapons does not support that claim.
    So what?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You know that "Obama Created ISIS" is fake and keep repeating it. (For those who aren't following- ISIS was started in 2006- Obama became president in 2009).
    He was a Senator and he was involved, but McCain should get the title "founding father", perhaps O'Bummer should be the "founding uncle".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He was a Senator and he was involved, but McCain should get the title "founding father", perhaps O'Bummer should be the "founding uncle".
    Link?

Link?
    If anyone else cares they can answer you.

I'm done wasting my time with you tonight.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the link in the OP:

Everyone knows by now not to trust the germans .

If anyone else cares they can answer you.

I'm done wasting my time with you tonight.
    I see. You don't have a link to support your claim. Thanks anyways.

I see. You don't have a link to support your claim. Thanks anyways.
    I just don't feel like taking the time to track it down for you, you would just ignore it anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is something he [The ZippyJuan Group] said false?
    It's not what the ZippyJuan Group posts. It's why they post it and how they post it. Why do you think they posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Extensive Wired Report 12/12/17 : ISIS Weapons Supply Chain Traces back to USA

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

CIA Bought Powerful Missile, Delivered to ISIS

A guided anti-tank missile ended up in the hands of ISIS terrorists less than two months after the US government purchased it in late 2015 …

Though the report says the missile was purchased by the US Army using a contractor, BuzzFeed News has learned that the real customer appears to have been the CIA. …

The missile is one piece of a critical puzzle that is being solved only now … How did the vast terror group arm its war machine? CAR spent three years tracking ISIS weapons as they were recovered by Iraqi, Syrian, and Kurdish forces — and found that what happened to the missile was no aberration. Indeed, the terror group managed to divert “substantial quantities of anti-armour ammunition” from weapons provided to Syrian opposition forces by the US or Saudi Arabia.

As BuzzFeed News has reported, the US equips proxy armies in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan with weapons such as AK-47s and rocket-propelled grenades made in Russia and Eastern Europe … “Evidence collected by CAR indicates that the United States has repeatedly diverted EU-manufactured weapons and ammunition to opposition forces in the Syrian conflict,” … ISIS, it continues, “rapidly gained custody of significant quantities of this materiel.”

The report lists 12 cases where Eastern European weapons originally sent to the US military or US contractors appear to have been diverted, somehow, to ISIS. …

In 2014, the CIA issued a contract to obtain 600 such missiles to Kiesler Police Supply … Kiesler is a small Indiana company that frequently contracts with the CIA … the contract for the missile that ended up in the possession of ISIS was handled by Kiesler.

The Indiana firm acquired those missiles from a Bulgarian company called SAGE Consulting, …

The company also insisted it was not to blame for where the weapons ended up. “Once Kiesler delivers its products to the customer, it does not have visibility with respect to the Government’s handling, use or disposition of the material,” it said. …
    SAGE has indeed been manufacturing the 9M111 missile, at a factory called VMZ, for the US government. “They make them only for the Americans,” one said, adding that the US buys as many as SAGE can manufacture. …

in 2015 that the CIA had begun to set up and train small tank-killing units of rebels…

the missile was originally purchased in Bulgaria by the US on Dec. 15, 2015. Just 59 days later, it was recovered in Ramadi, Iraq, after it had been fired by ISIS in combat. …
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast