Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump approves Iran military strike, then abruptly cancels....

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Good to know Trump won't start a war over an event with no casualties (though he was awfully closer. ) Expect the instigators to step up their game since this last one was so close.
    These kinds of decisions don't just become public knowledge for fun, the white house leaked it on purpose to control the narrative.

Most likely they wanted the world to know that Trump was crazy enough to pull the trigger, but calm enough to spare lives and war. They got both by doing both. Keeping his image of being a so called "mad man" but also his hesitance for war.
    Last edited by eleganz; 06-21-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    When you're so triggered by Trump that his actions actually make you want him to push the button so you can say "OJ man bad! I told you so!"

Some so called anti-war libertarians are truly pathetic.

Trump gave Iran an out during his press conference with Trudeau, he said maybe one of their generals made a mistake. Iran could've easily played things down and go with the narrative but they chose not to, opting to double down. China and Russia are testing and distracting Trump through Iran and Iran is happy to do it so they can receive economic support from them while sanctioned.

Don't forget, when the Syrian chemical gas attack hoax occurred shortly after Trump came into office, he responded with missile attacks on an empty building, an attempt to cool the nation down from their fury that the MSM whipped up.

If it makes you feel better, we have some here on RPF and they aren't democrats.
    Who exactly are you talking about? I keep reading this kind of stuff from people but somehow I myself never see it.
    "The Patriarch"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Who exactly are you talking about? I keep reading this kind of stuff from people but somehow I myself never see it.
    The usuals always pop up in threads just like these, keep your eyes peeled, you realize eventually. Hint; they sound just like the liberal media anytime Trump does something decent.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

The usuals always pop up in threads just like these, keep your eyes peeled, you realize eventually. Hint; they sound just like the liberal media anytime Trump does something decent.
    C'mon, you have to do better than that. You make specific allegations about forum members. You claim they're mad because Trump didn't strike Iran. I see no such posts.

So, you're either full of $#@! or lets see some examples.
    "The Patriarch"

C'mon, you have to do better than that. You make specific allegations about forum members. You claim they're mad because Trump didn't strike Iran. I see no such posts.

So, you're either full of $#@! or lets see some examples.
    You want me to spend hours sifting through threads and posts finding examples that you will never be satisfied with. Think about the Cost/Benefit of my time vs. your personal idea of what constitutes sht and not sht. So what is the point here?

I told you to keep your eyes peeled and gave you a hint. Should be enough if you are sharp.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

When you're so triggered by Trump that his actions actually make you want him to push the button so you can say "OJ man bad! I told you so!"

Some so called anti-war libertarians are truly pathetic.

Trump gave Iran an out during his press conference with Trudeau, he said maybe one of their generals made a mistake. Iran could've easily played things down and go with the narrative but they chose not to, opting to double down. China and Russia are testing and distracting Trump through Iran and Iran is happy to do it so they can receive economic support from them while sanctioned.

Don't forget, when the Syrian chemical gas attack hoax occurred shortly after Trump came into office, he responded with missile attacks on an empty building, an attempt to cool the nation down from their fury that the MSM whipped up.
    What is this thing you seem to have with OJ, do you send letters too?

Where was the drone

Would we have shot down their drone under similar circumstances

We don't need to turn Iran into potholes for Israel.

You want me to spend hours sifting through threads and posts finding examples that you will never be satisfied with. Think about the Cost/Benefit of my time vs. your personal idea of what constitutes sht and not sht. So what is the point here?

I told you to keep your eyes peeled and gave you a hint. Should be enough if you are sharp.
    Like I said, full of $#@!. Talking out your ass. Nobody here is mad Trump didn't bomb Iran.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Where was the drone

Would we have shot down their drone under similar circumstances

We don't need to turn Iran into potholes for Israel.

https://www.businessinsider.com/map-...hooting-2019-6

The Strait of Hormuz is around 50 miles wide at the point where the drone was hit. The locations are not precise enough for precise measurements, but the two locations appear to be at least 10 miles apart.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-21-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    True nationalists, like myself, could care less what Iran is up to.

It is the fuzzy headed and militant "New World Order" crowd that insist Iran must be "dealt with".

The "anti-nationalists" in other words.

I can't tell if the Drunken Monkey was pulling a bluff, confused and vacillating, or genuinely reasoned his way to the obvious conclusion that war with Iran does not serve the nation's, and it's citizens, interests, and called it off.

If it is the latter, is that not worthy of at least an "atta boy", even if thrown out there grudgingly?

Or would you prefer a land, air and sea military invasion, based on false pretenses, in the manner of W going into Iraq, with all the death and destruction that entailed?
    +rep if I had any.

This goes back to what I was saying before, is that if Trump only ever gets negative feedback then how the hell is he supposed to know what people want? We must be the hardest people to please in the entire world, and frankly there's not a lot of political points to be gained from listening to us. We aren't exactly the kingmakers we see ourselves as in our minds.

Rand Paul isn't wasting any opportunity.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-21-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sen Lee Backs President Trump's Iran Decision
    Jun 21 2019
    WASHINGTON - Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) issued the following statement Friday after talking with President Trump about his current Iran strategy:

“After speaking with President Trump this afternoon, I am convinced he made the right call last night. It is clear the Iranian regime is a threat, and that such threats cannot be eliminated by wishful thinking like President Obama’s reckless deal with Tehran. But neither does every provocation call for a military response.”

“Economic sanctions on Iran are working. Tehran has had to cut back support for international terrorist organizations, their criminal nuclear program, and their oil exports are plummeting. The Iranian economy has been crippled, and the Iranian people know it is their own leaders’ fault.”

“Iran’s recent provocations are a transparent attempt by a desperate regime to distract the Iranian people from the true source of their hardship. They are playing a game that has served violent autocrats for decades, at the expense of America’s interests. Changing the regime’s behavior is the right goal, but it’s not at all clear air strikes will achieve it. They may unintentionally strengthen the regime by unifying the Iranian people. President Trump is finally changing the rules of the game, and is winning.”

“If and when Iran’s provocations do demand a military response, that is a constitutional decision for the American people’s representatives in Congress. For now, the president’s Iran strategy is prudent, aggressive, and effective. I fully support it, and his decision last night.”

Permalink: https://www.lee.senate.gov/public/in...-iran-decision
    "The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack...that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." "Attack Libya UPDATE 8/13: and Syria"

"We can track down terrorists without trampling on our civil liberties.... the federal government will only issue warrants and execute searches because it needs to, not because it can." "Need to murder UPDATE 8/13: and track citizens" ~ Barack H. Obama

Me thinks the Deep State wants a war to distract from the growing domestic scandals in the Democratic Party and the FBI/DOJ. The oil tanker false flag didn’t work so they took it to the next level. Maybe that is why Pelosi and Schumer were seen celebrating after meeting with Trump in the Oval Office? He had fooled them into thinking he was going to retaliate. I doubt Trump ever had plans to retaliate. I think he was trolling the Deep State and finding leakers at the same time.
    Last edited by TER; 06-21-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Me thinks the Deep State wants a war to discract from the growing domestic scandals in the Democratic Party and the FBI/DOJ. Maybe that is why Pelosi and Schumer were seen celebrating after meeting with Trump in the Oval Office? He has fooled them into thinking he was going to retaliate. I doubt Trump ever had plans to retaliate. I think he was trolling the Deep State and finding leakers at the same time.
    Well he got Conway's hubby to out himself. Maybe it worked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

I shudder to think what would have happened if Trump had already resigned and Pence was at the helm.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Well he got Conway's hubby to out himself. Maybe it worked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

I shudder to think what would have happened if Trump had already resigned and Pence was at the helm.
    Pence was the first example by Trump of keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

These kinds of decisions don't just become public knowledge for fun, the white house leaked it on purpose to control the narrative.

Most likely they wanted the world to know that Trump was crazy enough to pull the trigger, but calm enough to spare lives and war. They got both by doing both. Keeping his image of being a so called "mad man" but also his hesitance for war.
    Styx discussed the mad man strategy - seems to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

On one hand, Iran should be scared because Trump may attack them. On the other hand, he only makes threats and fails to follow though so nothing to worry about.

He loves this $#@!.

Thank you, President Trump, for projecting but not following through with bombing Iran.

No Thanks, President Trump, for projecting but not following through pulling US troops from Syria.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Me thinks the Deep State wants a war to distract from the growing domestic scandals in the Democratic Party and the FBI/DOJ. The oil tanker false flag didn’t work so they took it to the next level. Maybe that is why Pelosi and Schumer were seen celebrating after meeting with Trump in the Oval Office? He had fooled them into thinking he was going to retaliate. I doubt Trump ever had plans to retaliate. I think he was trolling the Deep State and finding leakers at the same time.
    So, why'd he pull out of the Iran Deal but is threatening them if they don't keep abiding?
    There is no spoon.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertea Party View Post
    Sen Lee Backs President Trump's Iran Decision
    Jun 21 2019
    WASHINGTON - Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) issued the following statement Friday after talking with President Trump about his current Iran strategy:

“After speaking with President Trump this afternoon, I am convinced he made the right call last night. It is clear the Iranian regime is a threat, and that such threats cannot be eliminated by wishful thinking like President Obama’s reckless deal with Tehran. But neither does every provocation call for a military response.”

“Economic sanctions on Iran are working. Tehran has had to cut back support for international terrorist organizations, their criminal nuclear program, and their oil exports are plummeting. The Iranian economy has been crippled, and the Iranian people know it is their own leaders’ fault.”

“Iran’s recent provocations are a transparent attempt by a desperate regime to distract the Iranian people from the true source of their hardship. They are playing a game that has served violent autocrats for decades, at the expense of America’s interests. Changing the regime’s behavior is the right goal, but it’s not at all clear air strikes will achieve it. They may unintentionally strengthen the regime by unifying the Iranian people. President Trump is finally changing the rules of the game, and is winning.”

“If and when Iran’s provocations do demand a military response, that is a constitutional decision for the American people’s representatives in Congress. For now, the president’s Iran strategy is prudent, aggressive, and effective. I fully support it, and his decision last night.”

Permalink: https://www.lee.senate.gov/public/in...-iran-decision
    He's an embarrassment.

The Shameless Guide to sycophantic ass kissing

'compassion' over possible 150 dead Iranians is the biggest bull$#@! PR stunt I've seen in last years.
    Lol, Trump starves and suffers millions of Syrians, Yemenis, Iranians or Venezuelans and, suddenly, he CARES about 150 killed Iranians?
    Fuuck off and die everyone who believes in this shiit.

https://twitter.com/ArabianaINTEL/st...98501654351882

'compassion' over possible 150 dead Iranians is the biggest bull$#@! PR stunt I've seen in last years.
    Lol, Trump starves and suffers millions of Syrians, Yemenis, Iranians or Venezuelans and, suddenly, he CARES about 150 killed Iranians?
    Fuuck off and die everyone who believes in this shiit.
    I have to agree...

Someone may have warned him of the 20k to 30K dead US sailors before that level would be reached.
    And two attack groups smoking or sunk.

Several High Ranking Military officers have resigned over this $hit before Trump took the chair.

It is an incredibly stupid idea that just won't go away.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Like I said, full of $#@!. Talking out your ass. Nobody here is mad Trump didn't bomb Iran.

If you can't comprehend what I said, don't btch about it.

It's like you're operating 5 steps behind here.
    Last edited by eleganz; 06-21-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    On one hand, Iran should be scared because Trump may attack them. On the other hand, he only makes threats and fails to follow though so nothing to worry about.
    And you'd prefer a missile strike killing that 150?
    THE SQUAD of RPF

I like how everyone now is using my misspelling of bich idea to get the point
    across , funny how we have to speak in codes to communicate, even here ,
    the site that says promotes 'Freedom' lol........

So let's all stop biching ...

I know better than to take our govt's word for it. Nice map.

amin dada
    @kambrone64
    Russia To Lend Iran A Hand For Exporting Oil
    http://OilPrice.com https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-N...rting-Oil.html

Last edited by goldenequity; 06-21-2019 at 07:06 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I comprehended what you said just fine, you're just not willing to admit you were blowing smoke when it's obvious you were. Lol, 5 steps behind what? There's nothing there.
    "The Patriarch"

And you'd prefer a missile strike killing that 150?
    Not gonna happen.. The Missie would not reach Iran... (very real Iron Dome)

and in 15 mins all foriegn warships would be on the bottom,,or on their way.. 20k to 30k dead in minutes.

Iran already has Mass Grave-sites for the bodies. They are expecting it.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 06-21-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I like how everyone now is using my misspelling of bich idea to get the point
    across , funny how we have to speak in codes to communicate, even here ,
    the site that says promotes 'Freedom' lol........

So let's all stop biching ...
    I never used it, so I can still biatch.
    "The Patriarch"

Middle East Politics
    Elijah J. Magnier
    Iran and Trump on the edge of the abyss
    https://ejmagnier.com/2019/06/21/ira...-of-the-abyss/

(highly recommended)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast