View Poll Results: Is Halloween Satanic?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Halloween is Active Satanism

6 33.33%
  • No, its just a silly tradition to have fun with

12 66.67%

Thread: Is Halloween Satanic?

Is Halloween Satanic?

Mostly just the rhetoric that comes from articles like this:

Is It Okay To Celebrate Halloween? For Many Americans, It Is A Time For Blood Rituals And Unspeakable Acts Of Evil
    http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...e-acts-of-evil

What I am about to share with you is incredibly disturbing. Every year on October 31st, some of the most horrifying acts imaginable are carried out in dark corners and back rooms all across America. In this article, you are going to read about some of those acts. But for most Americans, Halloween is a supposedly “innocent” holiday that is all about dressing up, eating lots of candy and having fun. When I was growing up, I gladly participated in the festivities too, because I didn’t understand what the holiday was all about. According to the National Retail Federation, approximately 70 percent of all Americans celebrate Halloween, and a total of somewhere around 9 billion dollars will be spent on the holiday this year. But most Americans do not understand that almost all of our modern “Halloween traditions” have their roots in a bloody ancient pagan festival known as Samhain…

The origins of Halloween are Celtic in tradition and have to do with observing the end of summer sacrifices to gods in Druidic tradition. In what is now Britain and France, it was the beginning of the Celtic year, and they believed Samhain, the lord of death, sent evil spirits abroad to attack humans, who could escape only by assuming disguises and looking like evil spirits themselves. The waning of the sun and the approach of dark winter made the evil spirits rejoice and play nasty tricks. Believe it or not, most of our Halloween practices can be traced back to these old pagan rites and superstitions.

Full article at link.

To me, this is just nothing more than Christian Propaganda, be one of us, or youre the $#@!ing devil. Be afraid of Halloween and Christianity will save you from Halloween. Why does this kind of garbage sound absolutely no different to me than "you need Govt to protect you from Brown People with Bombs..."?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by Danke; 11-01-2018 at 03:35 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It depends on what you do with it, if you just have fun with innocent costumes and candy then the answer is no but if you delve into the dark side and celebrate evil and darkness the answer is yes.

Historically speaking it does descend from pagan holiday traditions that were satanic according to Christian theology that were modified slightly and given a Christian veneer as part of the assimilation of formerly pagan peoples into Christendom.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

@DamianTV
    It's the festival of All Saints, bruh.
    https://pedrosarsama.wordpress.com/2...pa7ypEDORUC0TU
    We are getting the kids ready to trick-or-treat, after which we will head to our normal Wednesday vespers service.
    This is weird to many Christians, who think Halloween is a pagan holiday. It’s not. It is a thoroughly secular holiday here in the US, but that is not the same as paganism. And some elements of it make me pretty uncomfortable, to be honest. But it’s not pagan. It’s not Celtic. It’s certainly not Samhain.
    I had some people on Facebook asking about an assertion I made regarding the wholly non-pagan roots of Halloween. As a result, I composed the following, which I am glad to share here.
    As far as I can find, nobody before James Frazer (late 1800s) suggested a link between All Saints in the Roman Church and Samhain. (Read the Golden Bough for his bad history).

At the time, even less was widely known about Samhain than is known now, thanks to a fuller and more readily available manuscript tradition (read: written records), and still precious little is known about the day itself (for example, what exactly happened at Samhain is pure speculation—there is neither oral nor written record that is trustworthy on specifics).
    The Tochmarc Emire has the fullest description of Samhain available: Samhain was marked by great gatherings where they held meetings, feasted, drank alcohol, and held contests. Some of the darker tales that are supposedly the oral tradition collected in the Lebor Gabála Érenn maintain that families sacrificed half of their children at Samhain—I think these are the kinds of misattributions made by Christians who prefered to obscure pagan traditions as something undeniably horrendous, rather than an honest collection of what people did. There is no fossil record or written record of this kind of activity—even the earliest Christian missionaries didn’t write about this, though they would have since this is pretty extreme and they did describe other pagan practices in their records.

Frazer, if I recall correctly, mistakenly asserts that All Saints was established in Ireland to cover the pagan feast in the 400s; unfortunately, the Martyrion of Oengus of Tallaght, a list of all feast days for the liturgical year among the Irish and celtic Christians from the 7th century—again, not yet widely available at Frazier’s time and source he was likely ignorant of, lists All Saints around Pentecost.
    As for the movement of All Saints to November 1 in Rome by Pope Gregory III, here’s an article that talks about it from the old Encyclopedia Britannica.

To be blunt, somebody would need to prove that Pope Gregory III was interested in anything Celtic or Pagan, where none of his writings suggest this, rather than the other way around (i.e., the burden of proof is on those who repeat Frazer’s poor and discredited history)
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 11-01-2018 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The modern celebration of Halloween is a perversion of the original feast of All Saints Day. Just as the world and the devil who is prince of this world likes to do, what was once a Christian feast celebrated far and wide has been corrupted into a secular (and in my opinion) evil ‘holiday’.

I personally can’t stand this secularist tradition. Driving around town, it looks like scenes from hell with demons and dismembered bodies decorating front yards. It’s like death (which is the enemy of man and which Christ overpowered) is glorified.

If an extraterrestrial alien ever came to visit this world and came during Halloween, I’m convinced he would jump right back into his spaceship and say ‘this place is full of crazies! Let’s get outta here!’ LOL
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    If an extraterrestrial alien ever came to visit this world and came during Halloween, I’m convinced he would jump right back into his spaceship and say ‘this place is full of crazies! Let’s get outta here!’ LOL
    extraterrestrials aren't biblical.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    extraterrestrials aren't biblical.
    I personally don’t believe there are extraterrestrial intelligent beings (apart from demons) in the universe, but even if they existed, it would not in any way weaken the Christian faith just because the Bible doesn’t mention it. YMMV

My post above which you pasted, for the record, was made tongue in cheek.
    Last edited by TER; 11-01-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Halloween is a combination of a lot of different pagan holidays. The same Roman pagan holidays that were eventually adopted into Christianity as All Saints and All Souls Days were also combined with the Celtic and Germanic pagan celebrations of the dead, of which Samhain is merely one. The Romans celebrated the Lemures, who were spirits of the dead who returned for only three particular days a year to threaten their descendants. They were restless, malevolent ghosts whose purpose was to torture the families they left behind.

In order to propitiate them, a ritual was enacted by the pater familias. At midnight, the pater familias would walk barefoot through his own house to rid the lemures with this exorcism ritual: holding his hand upheld in what is referred to as a fig gesture (placing the thumb between the 2nd and 3rd fingers) and filling his mouth with dried black beans, he would make the circuit around his house spitting the beans onto the floor in order to bait the lemures. As he walked and spit out a bean, he would recite nine times the incantation “with these I redeem myself and mine” [cum hīs redimō ipsum atque familiam meam].

When the lemures came out to eat the beans, the rest of the household – following along but forbidden to look behind them – would clash bronze together, like cymbals, and proclaim “ghosts of my fathers and ancestors be gone!” [manes paternī exite!]

The Lemuria was practiced on May 9th, 11th, and the 13th.

May 13th of course should stand out as the original day that All Saints Day was celebrated. There is good reason for this: originally, the Lemuria concluded on May13th and on that same day in 609AD the church rededicated the Pantheon as a Christian church and held a feast in dedication to Saint Mary and the Martyrs. Later, around the 8th century AD as the Lemuria faded away in popularity and practice, the church moved All Saints Day from May 13th to November 1st – where it is currently celebrated to this day. It was originally known as All Hallows’ (all the holy ones’) and Halloween was simply All Hallows’ Eve. Note that May 1st and November 1st are exactly 6 months apart and mark the beginning and end of summer, respectively.

And of course Samhain, a Celtic celebration of the dead very similar to Lemuria in idea, was on October 31st.

That said, Halloween bears little to no resemblance to ancient celebrations for the dead in neither purpose nor practice.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    As for the movement of All Saints to November 1 in Rome by Pope Gregory III, here’s an article that talks about it from the old Encyclopedia Britannica.

To be blunt, somebody would need to prove that Pope Gregory III was interested in anything Celtic or Pagan, where none of his writings suggest this, rather than the other way around (i.e., the burden of proof is on those who repeat Frazer’s poor and discredited history)

Curious this current Britannica article says the opposite:

Halloween had its origins in the festival of Samhain among the Celts of ancient Britain and Ireland. On the day corresponding to November 1 on contemporary calendars, the new year was believed to begin. That date was considered the beginning of the winter period, the date on which the herds were returned from pasture and land tenures were renewed. During the Samhain festival the souls of those who had died were believed to return to visit their homes, and those who had died during the year were believed to journey to the otherworld. People set bonfires on hilltops for relighting their hearth fires for the winter and to frighten away evil spirits, and they sometimes wore masks and other disguises to avoid being recognized by the ghosts thought to be present. It was in those ways that beings such as witches, hobgoblins, fairies, and demons came to be associated with the day. The period was also thought to be favourable for divination on matters such as marriage, health, and death. When the Romans conquered the Celts in the 1st century ce, they added their own festivals of Feralia, commemorating the passing of the dead, and of Pomona, the goddess of the harvest.

In the 7th century ce Pope Boniface IV established All Saints’ Day, originally on May 13, and in the following century, perhaps in an effort to supplant the pagan holiday with a Christian observance, it was moved to November 1. The evening before All Saints’ Day became a holy, or hallowed, eve and thus Halloween. By the end of the Middle Ages, the secular and the sacred days had merged. The Reformation essentially put an end to the religious holiday among Protestants, although in Britain especially Halloween continued to be celebrated as a secular holiday. Along with other festivities, the celebration of Halloween was largely forbidden among the early American colonists, although in the 1800s there developed festivals that marked the harvest and incorporated elements of Halloween. When large numbers of immigrants, including the Irish, went to the United States beginning in the mid 19th century, they took their Halloween customs with them, and in the 20th century Halloween became one of the principal U.S. holidays, particularly among children.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Halloween
    Furthermore on All Saints Day itself:

A feast of all martyrs was kept on May 13 in the Eastern church according to Ephraem Syrus (died c. 373), which may have determined the choice of May 13 by Pope Boniface IV when he dedicated the Pantheon in Rome as a church in honour of the Blessed Virgin and all martyrs in 609. The first evidence for the November 1 date of celebration and of the broadening of the festival to include all saints as well as all martyrs occurred during the reign of Pope Gregory III (731–741), who dedicated a chapel in St. Peter’s, Rome, on November 1 in honour of all saints. In 800 All Saints’ Day was kept by Alcuin on November 1, and it also appeared in a 9th-century English calendar on that day. In 837 Pope Gregory IV ordered its general observance. In medieval England the festival was known as All Hallows, and its eve is still known as Halloween. The period from October 31 to November 2 (All Souls’ Day) is sometimes known as Allhallowtide.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/All-Saints-Day
    And May 13 just happens to have coincided with an ancient Roman festival for the dead:

Lemures, also called Larvae, in Roman religion, wicked and fearsome spectres of the dead. Appearing in grotesque and terrifying forms, they were said to haunt their living relatives and cause them injury. To propitiate these ghosts and keep them from the household, ritual observances called Lemuria were held yearly on May 9, 11, and 13.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Lemures
    All of which suggests the idea it related to Samhain and Roman pagan holidays is far less "discredited" than you might hope.

You don't have to prove Gregory was interested in Halloween. Rather you have to demonstrate he was interested in supplanting the pagan beliefs of the common people with practices approved of by the Church.