Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ChipIn for Alaskan Delegates

ChipIn for Alaskan Delegates

http://libertyrevolution.chipin.com/...s-for-ron-paul

The Alaska GOP State Central Committee has raised the price to become a delegate to the state convention this year dramatically. In 2008 my dad sponsored several people who otherwise couldn't have attended, and we had 105 Ron Paul delegates go to the state convention. It wasn't enough, but it was a sizable presence. This time around the price is so high my dad can't hardly sponsor anybody.

It will cost $250 per person to go to the state convention. Without these funds we will be seriously short on delegates - not for lack of votes or caucus-goers but for lack of money. The Alaska GOP is notoriously hateful towards Ron Paul and will do whatever they can to block him in the State - so we need to overwhelm with delegates.

This is my dad's ChipIn page. Please help if you can.

If you want to win Alaska, this is ESSENTIAL

http://libertyrevolution.chipin.com/...s-for-ron-paul

A message from my dad about the ChipIn and the funds:

I am the one collecting money on the chip-in and I will attempt to match the funds contributed to the best of my ability (which is not a whole lot at the moment unless I withdraw some savings). My spouse and I were delegate/delegate-alternates to the national convention last time, and the entire election set us back more than $8,000, which was a big sacrifice, but since I first contributed to Ron Paul's congressional campaign back in the 1970's when I read about him in a hard money newsletter, I have had no politician who truly represented me as well as Ron Paul does.

We are off to a rocky and late start here in Alaska as everyone seems to feel broke and hesitant to jump into the fray this time. Your help with this chip-in, no matter how modest, will be greatly appreciated and will not be spent frivolously. If we spend money on something of questionable value, I will spend my own money. If you are unable to help in this Alaska chip-in, thank you for your support for Ron Paul in anyway you can help!

I will itemize expenditures from this chip-in and make them available after the completion of the Alaska republican convention.

Dave McGraw - Wasilla, AK
    Last edited by Xenophage; 02-08-2012 at 12:34 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will chipin next week when I get paid.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

I'm curious, can the campaign not help with these things?

+rep to you and your dad btw

Alaska had 5 Ron Paul delegates to the RNC in 2008!
    Last edited by mmadness; 01-29-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    Donate
    Phone From Home
    &
    Become a DELEGATE for Ron Paul

This is how we win!
    Delegates Thread on RPF: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ok-no-further!

Create your OWN GRASSROOTS ADS & run on NATIONAL TV CHEAP!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr....2-mil-viewers!

BEWARE SUPER BROCHURES (DO NOT BUY/SUPPORT)

105 delegates times $250 is $26'250... Hold on, let me get my credit card.

ok, seriously, I will chip in, but please tell me campaign will do this, isn't this THE most important thing? Delegates?

bump
    Donate
    Phone From Home
    &

This is how we win!

ChipIn Event Title: Alaskans for Ron Paul
    ChipIn Event Organizer: Liberty Revolution
    Contribution Amount: $50.00
    Contribution Date: February 1, 2012 2:36 AM
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by kusok View Post

ok, seriously, I will chip in, but please tell me campaign will do this, isn't this THE most important thing? Delegates?
    Can the campaign get involved with paying for stuff like this? Why on earth does Alaska charge $250 to be a delegate?
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does Sarah Palin still have a lot of weight in Alaska?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulatized View Post
    ChipIn Event Title: Alaskans for Ron Paul
    ChipIn Event Organizer: Liberty Revolution
    Contribution Amount: $50.00
    Contribution Date: February 1, 2012 2:36 AM
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kusok View Post

Chris McGraw
    forum members want to know why the campaign can't help with delegate costs

about a minute agoDavid McGraw
    I will contact them.
    They were contacted last time and didn't help. 4years ago.
    Mayb now that the costs are so high they will help.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    Does Sarah Palin still have a lot of weight in Alaska?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mmadness View Post
    Alaska had 5 Ron Paul delegates to the RNC in 2008!
    They screwed us at the state convention on national delegates last time.

When is your caucus/primary? You may be jumping the gun. The campaign is much more focused on delegates this time around and will probably help out in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    When is your caucus/primary? You may be jumping the gun. The campaign is much more focused on delegates this time around and will probably help out in some way.
    The caucus is on March 6. If the campaign plans to help out, then any money we donate for this specific project is money the campaign can save and spend on other things.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am the one collecting money on the chip-in and I will attempt to match the funds contributed to the best of my ability (which is not a whole lot at the moment unless I withdraw some savings). My spouse and I were delegate/delegate-alternates to the national convention last time, and the entire election set us back more than $8,000, which was a big sacrifice, but since I first contributed to Ron Paul's congressional campaign back in the 1970's when I read about him in a hard money newsletter, I have had no politician who truly represented me as well as Ron Paul does.

We are off to a rocky and late start here in Alaska as everyone seems to feel broke and hesitant to jump into the fray this time. Your help with this chip-in, no matter how modest, will be greatly appreciated and will not be spent frivolously. If we spend money on something of questionable value, I will spend my own money. If you are unable to help in this Alaska chip-in, thank you for your support for Ron Paul in anyway you can help!

I will itemize expenditures from this chip-in and make them available after the completion of the Alaska republican convention.

Dave McGraw - Wasilla, AK

I think Alaskans are sick of Palin, but maybe it is mostly just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    They screwed us at the state convention on national delegates last time.
    McCain only got 3 delegates based on the results of our Super Tuesday Presidential preference poll, but the republican leadership gave all of the other candidates' delegates to McCain and nothing to Paul. So think of that: in the election Paul got close to twice as many votes as McCain, but in the convention, McCain had five times as many delegate votes on the convention floor. We fought tooth and nail just to keep those five delegate votes BTW.

Our goal this time is at least 10 delegates, but we are in it to win it.
    Last edited by captainelectron; 02-01-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Double the delegates, double the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddone View Post
    Can the campaign get involved with paying for stuff like this? Why on earth does Alaska charge $250 to be a delegate?
    They raised the convention fees because we scared the pants off of them four years ago. They know we have a mostly younger group that has a hard time paying for things. We had people opening their homes as a crash pad and delegates eating sack lunches while the establishment rhinos had 4-star accommodations and the best dining in Anchorage. The Paul delegates were a force to be reckoned with however. We developed a theory that if you eat stale sandwiches and sleep on the floor you'll be a lot louder in the next voice vote!

Do you know if there is a deadline to register to vote or to register as a Republican? I have heard that you can register AT the convention on March 6. Can you confirm this?

bump
    Donate
    Phone From Home
    &

This is how we win!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I am not sure I understand the process, how do I know that the money is going to pay for committed Ron Paul delegates?

If you can prove that they are Ron Paul delegates and the campaign will not pay, I will pay for this.

BUMP!

If you want to win a state, Alaska is one of the best shots we've got. THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast