Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First-ever private border wall built in New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They don't want the wall or we would have it already.
    And we can reduce the size of government IF we stop the importation of communists.
    Nope. They will be funneled, processed, made legal, and either draw more welfare or help Fund the Fed.

Which company do you plan to report first if/when they hire a hard working illegal under the table that Section 8 folks don’t want?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Nope. They will be funneled, processed, made legal, and either draw more welfare or help Fund the Fed.
    No, they will be stopped and those already here will be deported.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Read post 37 again. This time, engage your brain.

It is bad enough that you are an anti-liberty shill. At least move up the ranks a little to “republican” status to improve your Freedom Score to, let’s say, 25, if that’s doable?

Read post 37 again. This time, engage your brain.
    Read post #38 again and try using your brain for the first time ever:

A wall or patrols will not be 100% effective, they don't have to be.

We do have too many communists here already, that is why we have to do everything we can to keep them from importing enough reinforcements to destroy any chance we have of restoring liberty.

If I could split California off from the union and keep them from coming in I would and I want troops patrolling the northern border too.

It IS OUR COUNTRY, our ancestors built it and left it to us as their gift to us and we have a responsibility to them and to our descendants to keep it from being destroyed. (particularly at the hands of foreigners)

We can't return to being a country ruled by constitutional law and not a welfare state that drains the middle class of its wealth to grow the divide between the obscenely wealthy and the poor if we allow our native communists to import unlimited reinforcements.

If we ever do restore liberty and a booming economy we can share it with some immigrants but we will have a responsibility to limit their numbers and the cultures we allow them from to preserve liberty and a booming economy.

They are coming for our economy that is much better than theirs and if we didn't have a welfare state they would vote for one, that is what previous waves of immigrants did.
    And in any case they come here and vote to keep and expand the welfare state and if we allow them too we will never be able to eliminate it.

It is bad enough that you are an anti-liberty shill. At least move up the ranks a little to “republican” status to improve your Freedom Score to, let’s say, 25, if that’s doable?

Your insults are proof that you are losing the agrument.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Swordsmyth

End prohibition. Check

End the War on Drugs. Working on.

End the War on Immigration. Not even mentioned.

When government gets the hell out of affairs, things run much better. Fact.

@Swordsmyth

End prohibition. Check

End the War on Drugs. Working on.

End the War on Immigration. Not even mentioned.

When government gets the hell out of affairs, things run much better. Fact.
    The only way to keep the government out of our affairs is to keep people who want to put its nose deep in them out.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The only way to keep the government out of our affairs is to keep people who want to put its nose deep in them out.
    Corporatists, lobbyists, mic, no-bid contracts, central banks............

The wall and increased “security” tactics are diversionary to keep your eye off the ball.

Corporatists, lobbyists, mic, no-bid contracts, central banks............
    All of those want wide open borders to ensure they retain power.

The wall and increased “security” tactics are diversionary to keep your eye off the ball.
    LOL

No, if it was we would already have a wall just like they imposed TSA on us, they desperately want to import enough communists to ensure a one party dictatorship and they are frantic that Trump is actually doing things to stop them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The man behind an online fundraising campaign to build a privately funded barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border says his group has 10 more projects in the pipeline but he declined to provide details about where the sections of wall would be located.
    Veteran Brian Kolfage made the announcement during a news conference in Sunland Park, New Mexico, where We Build the Wall Inc. has been installing a concrete and metal barrier on private property.
    Contractor Jimmy Fisher said Thursday the section will be just under a half-mile (less than 1 kilometer) long.
    Kris Kobach, the group's legal counsel, said We Build the Wall plans to sign an easement allowing Border Patrol agents to patrol the private property without having to hand over ownership of the land to federal officials.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/latest-group-...201408631.html
    So much for the trolls who said it was all a scam.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So Mexicans are roaches? Sounds like a great slogan; "Why build a wall? La Cucaracha will get into the US anyways."
    Ah come on. Not that I expect anyone to have any recollection of prior posts by me, but I always speak highly of Mexican people. As a whole I find them a very honorable group of people. They are usually very real; honest and authentic. They care about their families and are willing to work very hard to put food on their table. They are also generally very respectful of authority. As a matter of fact my company as of right now, my business only has Mexicans for employees. Not by some sick choice, but these are the only people willing to work hard all day long without bitching about this and that. All they want is to be treat with respect, and given plenty of hours to work. Both of which I have an abundance of.
    No - No - No - No

How does one go about determining if someone already here ought to be deported?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I have refrained from saying this, until now, but it appears that Shill seems to be eluding to and advocates "ethnic cleansing", IMO.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Easy, just quiz them on the Constitution. If they can't explain what the 4th amendment is, then their person should be searched for evidence that they're not American.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Easy, just quiz them on the Constitution. If they can't explain what the 4th amendment is, then their person should be searched for evidence that they're not American.
    You're making it too easy on them. The burden of proof should be on them to produce papers demonstrating they are American. Absent such proof, the presumption must be that they are not and shall be deported to...who really cares where.

Which means 98% of the U.S. citizens in America, are not Americans at all LOL

Which means 98% of the U.S. citizens in America, are not Americans at all LOL
    Yes, and 98% of the people living here should be deported.

A real American can trace his family heritage back to the Mayflower.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Ah come on. Not that I expect anyone to have any recollection of prior posts by me, but I always speak highly of Mexican people. As a whole I find them a very honorable group of people. They are usually very real; honest and authentic. They care about their families and are willing to work very hard to put food on their table. They are also generally very respectful of authority. As a matter of fact my company as of right now, my business only has Mexicans for employees. Not by some sick choice, but these are the only people willing to work hard all day long without bitching about this and that. All they want is to be treat with respect, and given plenty of hours to work. Both of which I have an abundance of.
    Hey, I'm not the one that compared the border and immigrants to cockroaches getting into your house. Just saying...

Yes, and 98% of the people living here should be deported.

A real American can trace his family heritage back to the Mayflower.
    As for the native American "Indians" who can't trace their heritage back to the Mayflower... ship them to India.

As for the native American "Indians" who can't trace their heritage back to the Mayflower... ship them to India.
    Deport them back to Russia where they came from
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Hey, I'm not the one that compared the border and immigrants to cockroaches getting into your house. Just saying...
    That’s a fair point, I got nothing
    No - No - No - No

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    mexicans make the best slaves. they dont get uppity, or demand more money for their hard work, like black people and white people. Also, comparing them to roaches was not racist... ..but seriously, blacks make the worst slaves.

Sounds like your company could use a good dose of diversity.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/31/polit...all/index.html

Company touted by Trump to build the wall has history of fines, violations

President Donald Trump appears to have set his sights on a North Dakota construction firm with a checkered legal record to build portions of his signature border wall.

The family-owned company, Fisher Sand & Gravel, claims it can build the wall cheaper and faster than competitors. It was among a handful of construction firms chosen to build prototypes of the President's border wall in 2017 and is currently constructing portions of barrier on private land along the border in New Mexico using private donations.

It also, however, has a history of red flags including more than $1 million in fines for environmental and tax violations. A decade ago, a former co-owner of the company pleaded guilty to tax fraud, and was sentenced to prison. The company also admitted to defrauding the federal government by impeding the IRS. The former executive, who's a brother of the current company owner, is no longer associated with it.

More than two years into his presidency, Trump is still fighting to build and pay for his border wall, a key campaign issue. After failing to get his requests for wall funding passed by a Republican-held Congress during his first two years in office, Trump has met resistance this year from a Democratic-controlled House. His attempt to circumvent Congress through a national emergency declaration has been challenged in the courts.

On May 24, a federal district judge blocked the administration from using Defense Department funds to construct parts of the wall. The Trump administration has since appealed the block to the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals and in the interim, asked the district court to allow building to continue pending appeal. The district court denied the administration's request.

Despite the uncertainty, construction firms have been competing to win multimillion-dollar contracts to build portions of wall, including Fisher Sand & Gravel.

Asked by CNN to comment on the company's history of environmental violations and legal issues, the company said in a statement: "The questions you are asking have nothing to do with the excellent product and work that Fisher is proposing with regard to protecting America's southern border. The issues and situations in your email were resolved years ago. None of those matters are outstanding today."

Catching the President's attention

The company was founded in North Dakota in 1952 and operates in several states across the US. It's enjoyed public support from North Dakota Republican Sen. Kevin Cramer, who as a congressman invited the company's CEO, Tommy Fisher, to Trump's State of the Union address in 2018. Cramer has received campaign contributions from Fisher and his wife. A photo of the event shared by Fisher in a company newsletter shows Tommy Fisher shaking Trump's hand.

The Washington Post first reported the President's interest in Fisher. According to the Post, the President has "aggressively" pushed for the Army Corps of Engineers to award a wall contract to Fisher.

The President "immediately brought up Fisher" during a May 23 meeting in the Oval Office to discuss details of the border wall with various government officials, including that he wants it to be painted black and include French-style doors, according to the Post and confirmed by CNN.

"The Army Corps of Engineers says about 450 miles of wall will be completed by the end of next year, and the only thing President Trump is pushing, is for the wall to be finished quickly so the American people have the safety and security they deserve," said Hogan Gidley, White House deputy press secretary.

A US government official familiar with the meeting tells CNN that the President has repeatedly mentioned the company in discussions he's had about the wall with the head of the Army Corps of Engineers, Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite.

Fisher has recently made efforts to raise its public profile, both by upping its lobbying efforts and through repeated appearances on conservative media by its CEO, Tommy Fisher.

In the past two years, for example, the company's congressional lobbying expenditures jumped significantly -- from $5,000 in 2017 to $75,000 in 2018, according to data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics, a non-profit that tracks lobbying expenditures.

When asked about Fisher Sand & Gravel's lobbying, Don Larson, one of Fisher's registered lobbyists, said: "I am working to help decision makers in Washington become familiar with the company and its outstanding capabilities."
    More at link.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Impeding the IRS and the EPA. That's fine in my book.

An enemy of the IRS and EPA? Sounds like my sorta people! Maybe I'll divert all my donations from politicians to this "we build the wall" group for the next cycle.

We should hire more companies which steal money from taxpayers. Grow that government!
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-31-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    mexicans make the best slaves. they dont get uppity, or demand more money for their hard work, like black people and white people. Also, comparing them to roaches was not racist... ..but seriously, blacks make the worst slaves.

Sounds like your company could use a good dose of diversity.
    Saying this as a white guy,

When I was all white employees we were bloated, over paying, under performing. I couldn’t get anyone to do the stupid stuff like wash the trucks, clean the insides of the trucks, organize scrap wire. It was like pulling teeth to get someone to crawl under a house. They all demanded raises and refused to work OT or weekends when things got super busy.

Performance was stagnant, and I was unsatisfied- I fired a lead guy and replaced him with a Mexican (legal) I trained at my previous place of employment. Things picked up pace and one helper guy left, then another I fired drugs while on the clock. Asked my guy if he knew anyone who might me interested in work. I put out some employment ads and interviewed about 15 people. The only ones who passed sniff test were the people I have working for me now and we are killing it. Company, myself and 3 others- we average $45k sales a month. Part of it is my excellent leadership and the other part is a group of dedicated, motivated, and highly energetic employees.

These slaves are paid very well and treated with dignity.
    No - No - No - No

Exactly my experience. I've always found Mexicans to be the hardest workers on the planet- and cool to be around.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Exactly my experience. I've always found Mexicans to be the hardest workers on the planet- and cool to be around.
    And, yet, they work for less wage, bringing down the average wage for American citizen workers while receiving welfare. I've seen whole trades destroyed by illegal trespassers. Drywall is one of those. In an area I worked a first generation, DACA, took advantage of his heritage, his language skills, his welfare (free education, parents in Section 8 because they were his legal guardians, Food, etc.) and destroyed the livelihoods of 40 American workers and their families. By being able to underbid on every job by using illegal labor.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And, yet, they work for less wage, bringing down the average wage for American citizen workers while receiving welfare. I've seen whole trades destroyed by illegal trespassers. Drywall is one of those. In an area I worked a first generation, DACA, took advantage of his heritage, his language skills, his welfare (free education, parents in Section 8 because they were his legal guardians, Food, etc.) and destroyed the livelihoods of 40 American workers and their families. By being able to underbid on every job by using illegal labor.
    One guy replaced 40 workers? Must have been amazing guy! I thought they were all lazy?

By being able to underbid on every job by using illegal labor.
    Maybe the government should ban people from charging less than somebody else. Determine wages and such to protect high paying jobs instead of letting the market decide.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-31-2019 at 03:39 PM.

One guy replaced 40 workers? Must have been amazing guy! I thought they were all lazy?
    You're such a dip$#@!. No, 40 illegals replaced 40 citizens. Under his company. This was at a resort with million, sometimes multi-million dollar homes. Local drywallers were making average about $16/hr. (late nineties). He cut that labor charge in half (if not less). Within two years his company took over 60% of business. Within 4 yrs. he was the top drywaller on the mountain. None of the workers "spoke many English." None were green card workers. And so, 40 American families found themselves out of a breadwinner. Open borders and globalism is great! Those millionaires you bitch about got out for a lot less on construction.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 05-31-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast