Thread: Tucker Carlson has an epiphany

Tucker Carlson has an epiphany

I wonder if that includes his shenanigans at the Rally for the Republic, regarding the events of 9/11?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1635572226329047043

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I saw this the other day...

Good on Tucker for waking up. This isn't an easy thing to do. Especially, when all the incentives are there to keep the blindness going.

My guess is that Tucker watches new media. Do that for long enough, it's impossible to keep believing the corporate press. Maybe he started doing it as a way to connect with the younger audience? Maybe it was to see how the new competition would affect his career. But once you start seeing how they ask smart questions that aren't even considered in the corporate press, it becomes impossible to ignore.

I can't say that I'll forgive him for his earlier shenanigans, but I'm glad to see that he's acknowledging at least some of them.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Saw it tagged on Greenwald's twitter feed. Greenwald seems to think it's sincere.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Saw it tagged on Greenwald's twitter feed. Greenwald seems to think it's sincere.
    In light of what he is exposing on a nightly basis, so am I.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Fox has been trying to escape the "Main Stream Media" label for some time now.
    I expect they will use Tucker to further that goal.

The idea seems to be to make people believe Fox is not part of the MSM.

LOL

RIP

America kills its own people.

"When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

LOL
    It's just Tucker though. Everyone else on Fox has no problem with carrying the establishment narratives.

Not everything is a hidden agenda. Perhaps Tucker is just on a long term contract and he was hired back when his views were different.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Tucker was part of the media tribe, where people are blackballed with a wink and a nod. "That guy? Oh, he's one of those, a crazy wacko."

Now, he's finally realized that when a rumor like that spreads among the media sheep, it's best to investigate what's really going on.

And the public eats it up too. The most recent, blatant example was the cult of St. Fauci. St. Fauci was the bringer of truth, who waived off any dissenting opinion as ignorant, uneducated crazy talk. The media and a majority of the public fell hook, line and sinker, and parroted whatever they were told (the media being an easy sell, as their money often comes directly from the pharma-industrial complex.)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Everyone else on Fox has no problem with carrying the establishment narratives.
    //

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Sean Hannity is pushing Biden admin for WW3.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I doubt Fox would ever fire Tucker given how much revenue they make from him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

LOL
    I mean it's still pretty evident that Fox has no qualms about quickly calling elections in favor of liberals. That probably pisses off Fox viewers more than anything else. And it's most likely because they would rather side with the leftist establishment, if it can in any way help preserve what's left of the right's establishment. Pick any issue of substance and Fox will fail you when it matters most.

What's funny is that the leftists can't (or won't) differentiate between Tucker and the water-carrying neocons on Fox. They also intend to preserve the establishment if it means crushing alternative viewpoints (whether sincere or not). (which is why I wish the democrats wouldn't even comment on what goes on in the right, because basically their interference in the debate amounts to nothing more than "noise". Like, 'fk off, NPCs; trying to have an adult conversation here. Go play in the street or something.')
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 03-17-2023 at 10:14 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

If he's serious then that means he will eventually go off on his own and dig in, but I wouldn't count on it.

Rogan needs to have Tucker on his show, and even let Alex Jones sit in for awhile... 10 million views.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I doubt Fox would ever fire Tucker given how much revenue they make from him.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I wonder if that includes his shenanigans at the Rally for the Republic, regarding the events of 9/11?
    If I remember correctly, he agreed to be on that, IF he got the promise that no one would be discussing their belief that 9 - 11 was an inside job. The deal was made. But, then, someone broke that deal. So, he got mad and walked off. I don't blame him.

Ron Paul himself said many times that he didn't agree with that 9-11 postulate, but some back then used Ron Paul and his movement to spread their OWN beliefs about 9-11. Seemingly, not caring one damn about how much they hurt Ron Paul by attaching his name to it.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 03-17-2023 at 11:51 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    If he's serious then that means he will eventually go off on his own and dig in, but I wouldn't count on it.

Rogan needs to have Tucker on his show, and even let Alex Jones sit in for awhile... 10 million views.
    He can do more good where he is, in my opinion.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He can do more good where he is, in my opinion.
    Oh I know, more mainstream and getting to the ears that need to be woke up in the first place, but he will also only be able to dig so far and in certain places, commercials are commercials.

===

Here is that full podcast.

FJB

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    If I remember correctly, he agreed to be on that, IF he got the promise that no one would be discussing their belief that 9 - 11 was an inside job. The deal was made. But, then, someone broke that deal. So, he got mad and walked off. I don't blame him.

Ron Paul himself said many times that he didn't agree with that 9-11 postulate, but some back then used Ron Paul and his movement to spread their OWN beliefs about 9-11. Seemingly, not caring one damn about how much they hurt Ron Paul by attaching his name to it.
    Yeah, it was Jesse Ventura that made some comments on 9/11 that were, in my opinion, pretty mild.

Carlson was the MC and made a big stink and walked off.

Meh, water under the bridge at this point, 15 years after the fact: Jesse Ventura has lost his mind, Carlson has the biggest cable news show in the country by daily exposing the ongoing lies, cover ups and conspiracies of the ruling class and Ron is effectively retired.

Would be interesting to know what Carlson thinks about 9/11 now though, considering the "inside job" aspect of it has pretty much proved to be true.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-18-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yeah, it was Jesse Ventura that made some comments on 9/11 that were, in my opinion, pretty mild.

Carlson was the MC and made a big stink and walked off.

Meh, water under the bridge at this point, 15 years after the fact: Jesse Ventura has lost his mind, Carlson has the biggest cable news show in the country by daily exposing the ongoing lies, cover ups and conspiracies of the ruling class and Ron is effectively retired.

Would be interesting to know what Carlson thinks about 9/11 now though, considering the "inside job" aspect of it has pretty much proved to be true.
    I would say at the very least Tucker understands blowback with regard to foreign policy, which is probably more palatable than 'jet fuel can't melt steel'. You'll never get most people to agree that 9/11 was an inside job but you might at this point get many to agree that our government tends to swat at hornet nests until someone gets stung. (which is precisely what they're doing in Ukraine atm)
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.