Page 2224 of 2375 FirstFirst ... 1224172421242174221422222223222422252226223422742324 ... LastLast
Results 66,691 to 66,720 of 71238

Thread: Bestest picture thread evaar! (The trilogy)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Isn't that Boromir?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/dom_lucre/status...02891964063746

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Looks like the Kung Flu doesn't care about vaccines...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Agnosticism is not disbelief. It's a lack of being able to believe and keeping the truth in the middle to be decided whenever the time comes.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Agnosticism is not disbelief. It's a lack of being able to believe and keeping the truth in the middle to be decided whenever the time comes.
    Sure, but the real question is motive. The fact is that some who do not "believe" are really just Satanists in disguise. Secretly, they are actively opposed to the truth, to God, and to the well-being of all mankind. Make no mistake, these people exist, and that should not be so difficult to believe in the present era of Clown World. If you do not feel that you have enough evidence to believe in God, and you are reserving judgment on the basis of a commitment to truth, there is an argument that this is, in fact, faith because Truth and faith are never in disagreement. It's just faith that has not yet blossomed. All who truly love the Truth will inevitably converge on it. And he is a person, not a thing. His name is Jesus. So I encourage all who doubt to keep seeking, as the disciple Thomas did. He could not believe until he saw the wounds for himself. Jesus did not rebuke Thomas, he just showed him the wounds:

Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” (John 20:24-29)
    There is a blessing to believe even without evidence. Seek the blessing... the evidence is inevitable... Revelation. 1:7

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Sure, but the real question is motive. The fact is that some who do not "believe" are really just Satanists in disguise. Secretly, they are actively opposed to the truth, to God, and to the well-being of all mankind. Make no mistake, these people exist, and that should not be so difficult to believe in the present era of Clown World.
    Sure, I do not disagree with you. I've met these people, many inhabit the world around me. These are people I do not even try to have discussions with because they are not willing to listen. I don't know if I would call it Satanism but from the perspective of a religious person I can understand you do. I've used Sodom and Gomorrah a few times on this forum to illustrate how we go to $#@! as humanity, I've actually read the bible and I see many things in there that are true.

If you do not feel that you have enough evidence to believe in God, and you are reserving judgment on the basis of a commitment to truth, there is an argument that this is, in fact, faith because Truth and faith are never in disagreement. It's just faith that has not yet blossomed.
    This is me, I respect what people believe irregardless, even if they think I'm a sinner, a heathen or whatever. To me religion should not be about the stories or the belief at all, it should be about the inherent morality. A prophet might as well be a philosopher, it's just a name you give to a messenger. As you say very accurately, it's about the intent. I know the 10 commandments by heart, not because I've ever been to church or had a religious upbringing, it's because it naturally feels right to me.

And in terms of God, whether He exists or not, I always thought He would have as much respect for someone that lives a good moral life but honestly cannot believe than some fool who blindly believes but hardly follows the truth that came from that belief. You may disagree, I try to help people and generally sleep very well.

//Edit; I've only realised after posting that this may not be the right forum for this discussion... Feel free to move if better. My apologies.

Ok I'll add one meme for illustration purposes. (It's not a bribe)

Behold, the issue I have with atheism. If you claim religious people do not know God exists, you also cannot prove the opposite.
    Furthermore, I hate the 'hate' they seem to possess towards religious people, I don't understand why.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 02-09-2023 at 01:11 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Behold, the issue I have with atheism. If you claim religious people do not know God exists, you also cannot prove the opposite.
    Furthermore, I hate the 'hate' they seem to possess towards religious people, I don't understand why.
    Yeah I don't care for this argument against faith.

As a believer, I believe that God revealed himself to Abraham and Moses, sent his Spirit into the world in the form of a man to die and be resurrected to defeat sin and death for all of those who do believe, and that those moments were recorded by his disciples and passed down through time from generation to generation to today. I have nothing to offer to a non-believer in terms of proof, and I feel exactly zero compunction to be able to do so. I can bear witness through my faithfulness, and through my deeds, and you (the royal 'you', mind you) may be so inspired to seek out the God Whom I follow, and/or God himself may reach out to you in a way that stuns and moves your soul. I've had numerous experiences in my life even as a believer where I knew He was moving in my life... in ways that I truly believe are miraculous. I believe these things with conviction, and I don't need any external validation to continue believing them. You could literally put a gun to my head and demand that I provide proof of God and I wouldn't have it to give to you, and I also wouldn't care if you pulled the trigger. My days in the world are numbered and when they end, they end. Not saying I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, I'm not saying I'm not, either.

ETA: Just to be clear, I'm not addressing you specifically with this post... I'm addressing the sentiment behind the meme.
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 02-09-2023 at 01:35 PM.

Can't prove a negative. Doesn't make the positive any less silly. I can say without a doubt, with 100% certainty, that there isn't a six-eared magical invisible clown hiding in my closet. I can't prove it, but do I really need to...

If having faith makes them happy, more power to them.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure, I do not disagree with you. I've met these people, many inhabit the world around me. These are people I do not even try to have discussions with because they are not willing to listen. I don't know if I would call it Satanism but from the perspective of a religious person I can understand you do. I've used Sodom and Gomorrah a few times on this forum to illustrate how we go to $#@! as humanity, I've actually read the bible and I see many things in there that are true.

This is me, I respect what people believe irregardless, even if they think I'm a sinner, a heathen or whatever. To me religion should not be about the stories or the belief at all, it should be about the inherent morality. A prophet might as well be a philosopher, it's just a name you give to a messenger. As you say very accurately, it's about the intent. I know the 10 commandments by heart, not because I've ever been to church or had a religious upbringing, it's because it naturally feels right to me.

And in terms of God, whether He exists or not, I always thought He would have as much respect for someone that lives a good moral life but honestly cannot believe than some fool who blindly believes but hardly follows the truth that came from that belief. You may disagree, I try to help people and generally sleep very well.
    I think the only sticking-point with the Gospel is that it does claim that, indeed, Jesus is King, not as a merely theological point, but really and materially. For some libertarians, I realize this can be a point of contention because we want to say that we, ourselves, are the ultimate authority over ourselves ... "I am my own king, and no one else." The proclamation of the Gospel is that Jesus is king, even over us hardboiled libertarians, but he is the only king that sets us free to do what is right. This is why he is called the prince of peace (Isaiah 9:6), as opposed to the princes of war that we know oh-so-well, which he will destroy at the end of all things (Revelation 19:21).

//Edit; I've only realised after posting that this may not be the right forum for this discussion... Feel free to move if better. My apologies.
    Oops... same here...

Ok I'll add one meme for illustration purposes. (It's not a bribe)

Well, hate itself solves nothing, but we must certainly oppose those who oppose justice, if we indeed love justice. And hostility against the pious is never very far removed from injustice...

Do not take advantage of the widow or the fatherless. If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless. (Exodus 22:22-24)
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 02-09-2023 at 02:49 PM.

You crazy misfits are about the closest thing I have to a pack.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/s...39826071539714

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-10-2023 at 11:12 AM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.