Thread: NYT Opinion: "Fully Automated Luxury Communism is the future"

NYT Opinion: "Fully Automated Luxury Communism is the future"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/o...communism.html

If I've learned anything reading Mises and Austrian economists, is that the future is not fixed, but based on the choices we make, contrary to the messianic "inevitability" of communist thinking.

This story was posted in r/technology, and many communists chimed in to comment that "this" is the future : robot communism, where we will all be like the Wall-E blobs: have everything taken care of for us under our benevolent AI decision makers. Similar to the Zeitgeist movie's Venus Project.

What do you all see as the future of capitalism and free enterprise with the rise of AI?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    From the song posted by Georgia Boy. I don't know anything about it, but apparently, it's a song sort of mocking the optimism of the 1950s. I assume they were mocking the New York CongressGirl the same way.

It actually looks rather brilliant. Check this out:

..."a just machine to make big decisions/Programmed by fellows with compassion and vision" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I have not yet heard AOC or her allies call for us to be ruled by AI, but it may just be a matter of time.
    And here we go. It was just a matter of time...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

About time, some on here take note of society, capitalism, my arse. All repeating themselves like robots about how cool liberty is, and everything and anything alternative is pure garbage. You people want to live in a fantasy land until gets to your own door step, and then you'll change.

AI or not backed by politics, it will change society, nobody even mentioned that eccentric supposed quasi former goth guy Andrew Yang.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    What do you all see as the future of capitalism and free enterprise with the rise of AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    About time, some on here take note of society, capitalism, my arse. All repeating themselves like robots about how cool liberty is, and everything and anything alternative is pure garbage. You people want to live in a fantasy land until gets to your own door step, and then you'll change.

AI or not backed by politics, it will change society, nobody even mentioned that eccentric supposed quasi former goth guy Andrew Yang.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Luxury Communism

Old timers living in the past. Says a lot about the opposition on youtube by posters over forty or forty five. I know it sucks to know, that just may be some ideas could of worked better for them decades ago. Andrew Yang is the real winner for the Democrats. May be Pete, I quite doubt many in the bible belt want some gay as their chief.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Old timers living in the past. Says a lot about the opposition on youtube by posters over forty or forty five. I know it sucks to know, that just may be some ideas could of worked better for them decades ago. Andrew Yang is the real winner for the Democrats. May be Pete, I quite doubt many in the bible belt want some gay as their chief.
    Get a job.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The NYT are actually taking a left wing boomer meme as a serious vision for the future. What a bizarre timeline we live in.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Didn't read the article but any mention of the whole 85% depopulation part?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

https://libertarianinstitute.org/lib...arian-dilemma/

A lot of self centered, asses in these places. It is sad. I guess when one only has their job, what else to do in life. Hell, life's unfair, we can't all enjoy can we, because all end up with who wants us, and who doesn't.

About time, the resentment and bitterness in US society, a country like this shouldn't have anyone working three or two jobs for healthcare.

A lot of self centered, asses in these places. It is sad. I guess when one only has their job, what else to do in life. Hell, life's unfair, we can't all enjoy can we, because all end up with who wants us, and who doesn't.

About time, the resentment and bitterness in US society, a country like this shouldn't have anyone working three or two jobs for healthcare.
    Are you posting from N Korea ?

Pete could not win his own state , even if he did not suck dick .
    Do something Danke

If Automated Luxury Communism means I can live a life of luxury and never have to work, then count me in. Sounds good to me!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Do you have a version of that with American subtitles?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Do you have a version of that with American subtitles?
    No, but English is very easy to learn......................................Even for Texicans.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No, but English is very easy to learn......................................Even for Texicans.
    I'm not learning English just so I can understand some $#@!ty British youtube video.

Waste of time.

If they want me to watch it then they should speak American like everyone else in the world.
    - Kim Kardashian

NYT Opinion: "Fully Automated Luxury Communism is the future"
    So the day finally came when the New York Times unironically used the words "luxury" and "communism" in the same sentence ...

And just who does the author think is going to maintain (let alone improve) the "full automation" on which his Luxurious Communist Utopia will depend? Automatons? And who is going to maintain (let alone improve) those maintenance automatons? More automatons? And etc. ("It's turtles all the way down!")

You can't have Eloi without Morlocks ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

If Automated Luxury Communism means I can live a life of luxury and never have to work, then count me in. Sounds good to me!
    You're in Texas. You fatties already do that. If you aren't rich with hired Mexicans to do your work, just sign up for a bunch of welfare so's you can hire some Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I wonder what the Fully Automated Luxury Gulags will look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I would assume the guard's quarters would be pretty nice. Well stocked with plenty of cheetos. Sports cable etc.
    - Kim Kardashian

Yang has been discussed on this forum, dumb ass. The rest of your posts make little sense. Are you saying people over 40 are old timers? And we can't all enjoy (enjoy what?) because all end up with who wants us and who doesn't? WTF does that even mean? Are you suggesting that under Fully Automated Communism you will enjoy and end up with who you want? Or are you implying Andrew Yang will somehow facilitate your enjoyment?

-rep
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would assume the guard's quarters would be pretty nice. Well stocked with plenty of cheetos. Sports cable etc.
    But it's still communism - there will be only generic cheetos and one sports channel showing one sport - probably fully automated luxury pong.

a country like this shouldn't have anyone working three or two jobs for healthcare.
    STFU.

In 2009, before $#@!s like you got your hands on the insurance system with ObamaCare, my combined cost (employer and my deductions) for a family healthcare plan was roughly $4,500 per year, with a $1000 deductible.

In 2019, that cost has now risen to over $15000 a year, for a plan with a $6000 deductible.

You've tripled the cost, and reduced the quality, because of people like you and their ever $#@!ing meddling.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    [insert spit-take gif here]

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Suzanimal again.