Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tattling tattoos

I have one tat. It was put there during my cancer treatments to line up the radiation treatments, I don't even know if it's still there. If it is it's buried under my chest hair. Tat's and hardware were just never my thing.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    But it's so trendy!

Introducing the World’s First Electronic Ink Tattoo
    http://www.emergeinteractive.com/ins...nic-ink-tattoo

That should be illegal. It'll freaky mess with their database.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Being part jewish I have always known that tattoos are used for identification.

I found a link for diy removal using magnetics and pulsed light

https://neomagneticlight.com/how-it-works/
    Last edited by Working Poor; 06-07-2016 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    My biggest thing is that tattoos are a sign of low socio economic status. I don't care about the Doctor, Lawyer, or Physicist you know who has tattoos.
    What? Do you have any idea of the irony between these two sentences? I only have 4 tats, all covered by a t-shirt. All are specific, and original art. One is an American Eagle with it's wings the stars and bars drawn for me by an artist. Another is my name in it's original Runic writing. The other two something each for two of my siblings who passed away. And just because you are apparently a member of white trash anonymous, don't think my tats means I am some trailer park greaser working for minimum wage.

Tattoos are expensive to remove. I should know I'm in the process of having all of mine removed. It took 5 sessions to remove the tattoo on my forearm. I've had 9 sessions on my shoulder and it is almost completely removed. I've had 3 sessions on my elbow tattoo and it is a long way from being removed. I've noticed the longer I go between treatments the more my tattoos fade out. The first tattoo I had removed I started treatments back in 2006. It took me until 2014 and 5 treatments to have that one removed completely. My shoulder tattoo should be completely removed by the end of this year. My goal with my elbow tattoo is to have it off before I turn 40 which is 3.5 years away.
    I'd damn near bet my King Ranch your elbow is a spider web. And that you got "trendy" tribal $#@! on you, yeah?
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 06:53 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    I'm 62 years old and can't recall a time when I thought of them as particularly "bad ass". I just saw them as the next step up from those "wet and press-on" ones that came in the bubble gum packs; kind of like the candy cigarettes they used to sell - socio-economic conditioning. I figure if my ivy league educated, FDR and Ike backing father had one on his arm then they probably didn't fit in the realm of "bad ass".

I don't have any myself - nor do I smoke.
    Reading this makes me want a cigarette and a shot of Old Grand Dad . Did your Dad get his in the service ?

[QUOTE=Intoxiklown;6233261]What? Do you have any idea of the irony between these two sentences? I only have 4 tats, all covered by a t-shirt. All are specific, and original art. One is an American Eagle with it's wings the stars and bars drawn for me by an artist. Another is my name in it's original Runic writing. The other two something each for two of my siblings who passed away. And just because you are apparently a member of white trash anonymous, don't think my tats means I am some trailer park greaser working for minimum wage.
    There was a guy who ran the grill at a bar in town once that has pool balls on his elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    That should be illegal. It'll freaky mess with their database.
    I am sure it has a backdoor built into the chip to track if need be.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    There was a guy who ran the grill at a bar in town once that has pool balls on his elbows.
    I knew a guy who had hinges tat'ed on the inside bend of his arms. It was unique.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

I like the "Get A BRAIN! morans" sign message; it would make a fine tattle...

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I have tattoos and recommend to people, "do not get them".

Now, they are just another prop that Idiot AmeriKa likes to carry around on their collective shoulders and are essentially pointless.
    Amen! Tattoos are ugly, stupid, and instantly lower your class and status. They are incomprehensible to me! Why would anyone get one? Just stupid. Same thing with piercings. All these stupid people covered with tattoos and piercings. Just makes you look like freaks, you freaks!

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Amen! Tattoos are ugly, stupid, and instantly lower your class and status. They are incomprehensible to me! Why would anyone get one? Just stupid. Same thing with piercings. All these stupid people covered with tattoos and piercings. Just makes you look like freaks, you freaks!
    I am doubtful they really lower your status these days if you can cover them up for work.

How does one measure a tatoo's intelligence?

I have two tattoos. One on each shoulder memorializing my two tours in combat. I don't regret them and they are a daily reminder of the dangers of blind faith in US foreign policy... helps me homeschool my kids with a clearer understanding of my past decisions.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

This is just completely overboard..

Some tattoos are ugly, some are stupid, it makes a lot of dudes look like criminals and it can make girls look both hot and/or slutty, but part of getting a tattoo is telling the world, "I don't give a $#@! what you think," which is actually good in some senses. Conforming to social standards can be a good thing in some ways, but it can also be a bad thing. Life shouldn't be boring and conformity leads to boring. It's all about finding a balance. Even Stefan says that some multi-culturalism and r behavior helps bring some spice to life, different foods, good music, etc.. He just doesn't want them controlling the world.

It's true that cops will probably treat you differently, a lot of people overdo tattoos and it can look bad, but the right tattoo or tattoos in the right area can be very visually attractive. Some people really pull it off. Not for me, but I can appreciate them.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    but part of getting a tattoo is telling the world, "I don't give a $#@! what you think," which is actually good in some senses.
    That's my point.

It used to be.

It no longer is...don't believe me?

Look out the window at the oppression we live under every day.

It's just more "wannabeism" and the same kind of ugly attitude displayed by the morons in Idiocracy.

Everybody walking around with a chip on their shoulder looking for some ass to kick, all except the asses that need kicking, of course.

It another manifestation of the "bankers on Harleys" syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How does one measure a tatoo's intelligence?
    The same way I measure the intelligence of jumping off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    part of getting a tattoo is telling the world
    You are telling the world absolutely nothing of any value.

That's the problem with the world today. (One of many symptoms, actually, of the underlying problems.) People trying to express their "individuality" in such unbelievably shallow, meaningless ways, such as:

Check out my tattoos
    My piercings
    My other modifications/defilements of my body
    My music
    My clothing
    My food preferences

Stupid! Shallow! That is not true, deep individuality. It's meaningless. It's impotent. You're wasting your individuality juices trying to "express yourself" in totally meaningless ways. Use that energy and that creativity for something productive and meaningful! Express yourself in your work!

What was Isaac Newton's wardrobe like?

What did Michael Faraday wear every day?

What was Beethoven's favorite cuisine?

The truly great men, the true successes, do not try haplessly and impotently to "buck society" and "question authority" and "refuse to conform" by altering their personal appearance. Rather, like the Victorians we should be perfectly happy to be utterly conformist in our dress, our haircuts, our manners, and our speech, and be totally fearless and revolutionary in our work. That's how to have a legacy. That's how to make a difference. When's the last time somebody studied and was influenced by Galileo's tattoos?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    What? Do you have any idea of the irony between these two sentences? I only have 4 tats, all covered by a t-shirt. All are specific, and original art. One is an American Eagle with it's wings the stars and bars drawn for me by an artist. Another is my name in it's original Runic writing. The other two something each for two of my siblings who passed away. And just because you are apparently a member of white trash anonymous, don't think my tats means I am some trailer park greaser working for minimum wage.

I'd damn near bet my King Ranch your elbow is a spider web. And that you got "trendy" tribal $#@! on you, yeah?
    Nice ad hominem.
    Here is a theory: get a randomized sample of 1000 people with tattoos and 1000 people without tattoos. Then start asking question, collecting data, running background checks, etc. Which group would have higher felony rates, lower credit scores, higher illegitimacy rates, higher rates of divorces, and higher instances of substance abuse?

The tattoo on my elbow is not a spider web and none of my tattoos are or were tribal.

Nice ad hominem.
    Here is a theory: get a randomized sample of 1000 people with tattoos and 1000 people without tattoos. Then start asking question, collecting data, running background checks, etc. Which group would have higher felony rates, lower credit scores, higher illegitimacy rates, higher rates of divorces, and higher instances of substance abuse?

The tattoo on my elbow is not a spider web and none of my tattoos are or were tribal.
    I am guessing the non tatoo people will have a higher rate of divorce . I think it more likely they would marry .

Nice ad hominem.

Yawn,,
    Get it removed if you like.

Coroner can still identify a removal,, means still identifying.

Mine are all jailhouse. My own design.. only one done with a gun (improvised) the rest hand picked.

the first 2 done with an ink made from spoons.

The only fading is the color I paid $$$ for on my back.. Hand picked remains.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Depends. I had a DUI about ten yrs. ago and they asked... "do you have a tattoo? If you do we need to take a picture of it." I told them "No. I was in the Navy and was told that tattoo's lead to HIV from dirty needles." They bought the story but if they hadn't...data based
    So even without knowing about your tattoos they still identified you?

If they picked you up again how hard do you think it would be for them to figure out who you are, considering they still don't know about your tattoo?
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

I can't wait for this technology to obsolete after they release that new cream that dissolves tattoo's completely. Another huge waste of money.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    So even without knowing about your tattoos they still identified you?

If they picked you up again how hard do you think it would be for them to figure out who you are, considering they still don't know about your tattoo?
    They identified me because of my drivers license. However, if for some reason someone were to go to ground and acquire a false I.D. then a tat would be just another data point for overcoming that manner of defense. Especially if is a visible one. We are not to the point where this is of particular worry at this time. However, every single year the Panopticon grows larger and larger. Every little data point pinpointing who you are and where you have been every single second of every day.

You are telling the world absolutely nothing of any value.

That's the problem with the world today. (One of many symptoms, actually, of the underlying problems.) People trying to express their "individuality" in such unbelievably shallow, meaningless ways, such as:

Check out my tattoos
    My piercings
    My other modifications/defilements of my body
    My music
    My clothing
    My food preferences

Stupid! Shallow! That is not true, deep individuality. It's meaningless. It's impotent. You're wasting your individuality juices trying to "express yourself" in totally meaningless ways. Use that energy and that creativity for something productive and meaningful! Express yourself in your work!

What was Isaac Newton's wardrobe like?

What did Michael Faraday wear every day?

What was Beethoven's favorite cuisine?

The truly great men, the true successes, do not try haplessly and impotently to "buck society" and "question authority" and "refuse to conform" by altering their personal appearance. Rather, like the Victorians we should be perfectly happy to be utterly conformist in our dress, our haircuts, our manners, and our speech, and be totally fearless and revolutionary in our work. That's how to have a legacy. That's how to make a difference. When's the last time somebody studied and was influenced by Galileo's tattoos?

Oh man, you have just taken this too far..

Conforming to society is great when society is pushing people to conform to things like honesty and integrity in business dealings and interpersonal relationships, but conforming to society's standards of bull$#@! like wearing frilly shirts or ties is not something to be respected. Sure, a lot of great people did those things, people need to choose their battles, but I don't respect them for that. I do respect people who try and buck conforming to society when it comes to issues that are of little or no consequence.

People who try and uphold conforming to society's standards of BS damage society by making people afraid to act outside of those standards for no good reason, which makes life more boring.

One issue where we will probably disagree would be on modest dress. If people want to dress modestly, that's great. If they don't, that's great, too. You see it differently, no doubt, which is fine too. So if you have modest standards of dress and say that girls shouldn't show off this or that, and boys shouldn't show off this or that, fine.. but I don't like the idea of saying, "women should wear this style of dress or blouse" and "boys should wear slacks and this style of this or that". Just not a fan. Telling people to cover up is one thing, I won't do it but I won't knock others for doing that, but telling people what style to cover up with I don't like at all.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-08-2016 at 03:12 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think I'm going to start a tattoo shop that uses invisible ink....
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    part of getting a tattoo is telling the world, "I don't give a $#@! what you think,"
    Except all the people that get the same, meaningless tattoos their friends get.

Rose/butterfly/dolphin on the ankle? "Tribal" tattoo?

Ink can be amazing, but I've found that the people I've spoken to make most of their steady money on quick, stupid tattoos that can be done in a very short time. Then they feed their passion by taking on a few larger, difficult, more involved pieces from non-idiot customers.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Nice ad hominem.

Well, you are part of the tattoo group, so I will yield to your expertise on this matter that you are an illegitimate, drunk divorcee with a low credit score and a history of felonies.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    I can't wait for this technology to obsolete after they release that new cream that dissolves tattoo's completely. Another huge waste of money.
    It's already available;

I have not checked my credit score in 10 years or more , but I expect it would be very good .LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast