Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official State Of The Union (SOTU) Thread

Chip Roy fell for it...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I keep hearing Trump refused to shake her hand when he first came in - I hadn't noticed.
    Guess we’ll see the replay...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Unfortunately MAGA is being disrespected repeatedly by speaker Pelosi today, time after time VP Pence stands up and claps but Pelosi keeps sitting looking hither and thither.
    POTUS office should be respeced espcially at SOTU, there are 364 other days to raise partisan objections, praying for health of POTUS under the guise of questioning his mental health, finding fault with globalist Deep neocons donors etc.

2020 SOTU Diss:

Don't think any POTUS in history has faced such disrespect as MAGA did today.

4 minutes ago

Pelosi rips up Trump speech at conclusion of State of the Union

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday ripped up her copy of President Trump's prepared remarks at the conclusion of his State of the Union address.

thehill.com/homenews/administration/481540-pelosi-rips-up-trump-speech-at-conclusion-of-state-of-the-union

This is a sad day for all of us and not just a big diss for Deep Neocons/globalists who funded MAGA 2016 election.

I'm not watching this crazy woman from MI give the response - seen enough... She 's also telling stories like the president

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I'm not watching this crazy woman from MI give the response - seen enough... She 's also telling stories like the president
    What a bunch of nonsense from Gov. Whitmer, who is giving her first presidential campaign speech for 2024.

Edit: there is something extremely annoying about her speaking style. It’s more than just the nonsense she is spewing. She’s like a teacher lecturing you, but you know she is an idiot.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-04-2020 at 09:44 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What a bunch of nonsense from Gov. Whitmer, who is giving her first presidential campaign speech for 2024.
    Every single Dem are now pushing Medicare for all, new programs, green new deal and God knows what else. I would love to see how they pay for it.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I keep hearing Trump refused to shake her hand when he first came in - I hadn't noticed.
    Bad move on his part, but I doubt it had anything to do with her behavior. Most of the Democrats were just as disrespectful, or moreso.

I’ve never been a fan of this new, apparent SOTU requirement that people be stood up, a sob tale told, and everyone cheer them. Who started that? Clinton?
    It started when Reagan invited Lenny Skutnik to attend, after he jumped into the icy Potomac River to rescue the victim of an air crash who was about to drown. It was caught on video - which was a much less common occurrence back then - and he was a national hero. (1982)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...=Lenny_Skutnik

Apparently, now all such guests are referred to as "Lenny Sputniks". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lenny_Skutniks
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-04-2020 at 09:57 PM.

It started when Reagan invited Lenny Skutnik to attend, after he jumped into the icy Potomac River to rescue the victim of an air crash who was about to drown. It was caught on video - which was a much less common occurrence back then - and he was a national hero.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...=Lenny_Skutnik
    Yeah, I was thinking it might have been Reagan, but it was really expanded by Clinton. Now it’s just ridiculous.

Guess we’ll see the replay...
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Bad move on his part, but I doubt it had anything to do with her behavior. Most of the Democrats were just as disrespectful, or moreso.
    Saw the replay. He put the speech directly into her right hand, and then turned around before she could switch hands and extent her right hand. Plausible deniability by Trump.

I hope the bubble pops soon. I'm ready for the collapse

If it pops before the election then we might get President Sanders.

I hope the bubble pops soon. I'm ready for the collapse

If it pops before the election then we might get President Sanders.
    Just what we need, a communist in power during a time of crisis.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    So he didn’t shake hands with Pence either. Just handed them both copies of the speech.

No fiscal conservatism from Trump. If he was honest, he could have thanked the Federal Reserve and other central banks for keeping the stock markets afloat with cheap money.

Lol. Nancy Pelosi is ripping up his speech right behind Trump!
    Nancy Pelosi is a disgraceful woman. Look at the dignity of the families in attendance. A 3yo boy, up way past his bedtime, behaved better than the Speaker of the US House of Representatives.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Just what we need, a communist in power during a time of crisis.
    We already went through that.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    reunited soldier with family.
    USA chant
    name drops Davy Crockett and the Alamo

@TheTexan did you have to change your pants?
    A few times, I lost count

Best SOTU ever
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So much hate... I can taste her tears from here
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Every single Dem are now pushing Medicare for all, new programs, green new deal and God knows what else. I would love to see how they pay for it.
    Various studies, Koch brothers, CBO, and others estimate that over 10 years a medicare for all would cost roughly the same, if not cheaper, than americans are projected to pay out of pocket for private insurance. The argument is expand coverage by 30-40 million people while spending the same.

That's the theory at least. How anyone can put a firm dollar amount on changing an entire industry is anyone's guess.

Of course the insurance lobby is immensely powerful so we'll most likely get laws that benefit them the most.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/...ic-records-and

The taking of a public record or document is prohibited by 18 U.S.C. § 641. The destruction of such records may be reached under 18 U.S.C. § 1361. In both instances, however, proving a $100 loss, the prerequisite to a felony conviction, may be difficult. Thus, neither of these statutes adequately protects government records.
    The necessary measure of protection for government documents and records is provided by 18 U.S.C. § 2071. Section 2071(a) contains a broad prohibition against destruction of government records or attempts to destroy such records. This section provides that whoever: willfully and unlawfully; conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates or destroys; or attempts to conceal, remove, mutilate, obliterate or destroy; or carries away with intent to conceal, remove, mutilate, obliterate or destroy; any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document or other thing deposited in any public office may be punished by imprisonment for three years, a $2, 000 fine, or both.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/verykate45/statu...19008618647552

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/...ic-records-and

The taking of a public record or document is prohibited by 18 U.S.C. § 641. The destruction of such records may be reached under 18 U.S.C. § 1361. In both instances, however, proving a $100 loss, the prerequisite to a felony conviction, may be difficult. Thus, neither of these statutes adequately protects government records.
    The necessary measure of protection for government documents and records is provided by 18 U.S.C. § 2071. Section 2071(a) contains a broad prohibition against destruction of government records or attempts to destroy such records. This section provides that whoever: willfully and unlawfully; conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates or destroys; or attempts to conceal, remove, mutilate, obliterate or destroy; or carries away with intent to conceal, remove, mutilate, obliterate or destroy; any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document or other thing deposited in any public office may be punished by imprisonment for three years, a $2, 000 fine, or both.
    Article 1, Section 6: They shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Bringing a puppet to America state of the union was not a great idea nor gesture. It shows America wants a regime change and only for the oil.
    Meaning there is no real chance.

Donald sounds like a Democrat...

'We will protect medicare and social security'
    Sounds like?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast