Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: John McCain Diagnosed With Brain Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    but I can't recall anybody promoting McCain. And I recall things fairly well.
    There were some. I even met one McCain supporter while promoting Ron. only one.

Some were pushing party vote here. widely ignored..

but but some GOPers were.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    What I remember is going to see Ron Paul in SC and sharing a hotel room with 6 other Ron Paul supporters that I had never even met until that day with 6 more in the room next to us.
    The Ron Paul food drive in SC
    The amazing Ron Paul Iowa speech
    The Ron Paul Air Force in Tampa
    Painting the town Ron
    Ron Paul Black ops
    Ron Paul record breaking fund raising events
    Ron Paul radio
    The Ron Paul speach in Tampa
    Ron Paul meeting us at the bar in Orlando
    The Jacksonville Ron Paul event
    The Ron Paul blimp
    The Ron Paul full page newspaper advertisment
    The Ron Paul letter writting campaings
    The Ron Paul sign waving events
    The neighborhood Ron Paul literature bombardments
    The Wanted Posters
    The Fred Tompson forums
    Flower bombs
    I remember all that too... .....that's called the primaries.

I especially remember the blimp, and the first "money bomb" where half the forums thought calling it a money bomb was a bad idea, because Glenn Beck had called Ron Paul supporters terrorists. I also remember a bunch of people calling the blimp organizer (Travis?) a fraud, and claiming he was only doing that, and other things for the money. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those haters still post here today.

The one thing that I DON'T remember is John McCain EVER being this forums obvious general election choice.
    After Ron suspended his campaign, these forums started to talk about the general. I left about 2 weeks before the actual election, and vowed never to come back after the racist dog-piling and McCain apologists started running rampant.

You've got it backwards. There were a few people her saying Obama was better, but I can't recall anybody promoting McCain. And I recall things fairly well.
    I don't think so. I know I didn't quit because of Obama adulation here. I know why I quit coming here. It was all the McCain justifications and the racism. It is the same reason I stopped listening to Alex Jones for a couple of years (about 2013 - 2015). I know Alex Jones has a latent racist streak, and he always would talk about how race issues are "divide and conquer", but he never seemed to take a copicided black man's side. Basically saying "This is all divide and conquer folks! Don't fall for it! Believe in the cops!"

And in 2012, I was here, but I didn't pay any attention to the election, and do not remember posting here much. I do remember people here again arguing Romney was the lesser of two evils vs. Obama. I don't remember anyone arguing Obama as the lesser of two evils. To be fair, most were arguing not to vote at all or vote for Castle or Baldwin or something like that. By 2012, I was swinging left pretty hard, (but still very anti-interventionist, which has never changed).
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-25-2017 at 12:14 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I remember all that too... .....that's called the primaries.
    The reason that all of that work was done during the primaries was because Ron Paul was this forums general election choice.

If the forums choice for the general was McCain, then we would have been working for McCain during the primaries.

There have always been varying opinions on this board.

But just because a few people expressed their opinions on who should be elected after the primaries were over in no way could possibly be interpreted as this forum being pro McCain for the general.

To claim that it was is simply false.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    The reason that all of that work was done during the primaries was because Ron Paul was this forums general election choice.

If the forums choice for the general was McCain, then we would have been working for McCain during the primaries.

There have always been varying opinions on this board.

But just because a few people expressed their opinions on who should be elected after the primaries were over in no way could possibly be interpreted as this forum being pro McCain for the general.

To claim that it was is simply false.
    It's UWDude posting so expect the contents to be false. Anyone that was here in 2008 knows that McCain was in no way the choice of this forum after the primaries were over.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Sen. John McCain just contradicted his own healthcare vote in a speech

July, 25, 2017: Mark it down as one of the strangest days of John McCain's entire, lengthy time in the Senate.
    The senator flew to Washington, D.C., on Tuesday — days after being diagnosed with brain cancer — just in time to cast a vote that, moments later, he appeared to ridicule in a speech on the Senate floor.

McCain's vote helped Senate Republicans pass a motion to proceed to debating a possible bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act (known as Obamacare). Senate Republicans, by and large, don't know what's in the bill, because the Republican leadership hasn't told anybody. McCain voted in favor of the motion to proceed despite being aware of this, but then decried the secrecy he endorsed in a speech moments later.

"I know many of you will have to see the bill changed substantially for you to support it. We tried to do this by coming up with a proposal behind closed doors, in consultation with the administration, then springing it on skeptical members, trying to convince them that it's better than nothing," McCain said, speaking with a gash over his left eye, the result of a recent surgery to remove a blood clot. "I don't think that's gonna work in the end, and probably shouldn't."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-john-...211014907.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

John McCain gives stirring speech against Obamacare repeal bill – but votes for it twice in one day

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-mccain-gives-stirring-speech-073100806.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I stayed out of this, knowing full well the immediate and karmic consequences of wishing ill on somebody.

$#@! that now.

Drink bleach and die you piece of $#@!.

Maybe with luck somebody will be appointed that will not $#@! the AmeriKunt people as badly as you just did and we can get rid of the nightmare that is ACA before 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I stayed out of this, knowing full well the immediate and karmic consequences of wishing ill on somebody.

$#@! that now.

Maybe with luck somebody will be appointed that will not $#@! the AmeriKunt people as badly as you just did and we can get rid of the nightmare that is ACA before 2018.
    Lol, I hear you. I almost told people to shut up and leave him alone but man, one does not simply save Obamacare and get sympathy. The bastard is literally goading us into cussing his maggoty old carcass and doing a good job of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

$#@! that now.

McPain long ago crossed the threshold where it is good karma to wish his death, it will bring relief to millions of victims to be, from foreigners that may not get killed to Americans who may not lose as many rights.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

John McCain hospitalized

US Senator John McCain, who is fighting an aggressive form of brain cancer, was in a military hospital Wednesday to treat "normal side effects" of his therapy, his office said.

"Senator McCain is currently receiving treatment at Walter Reed Medical Center (in Bethesda, Maryland) for normal side effects of his ongoing cancer therapy," his office said in a statement.
    "As ever, he remains grateful to his physicians for their excellent care, and his friends and supporters for their encouragement and good wishes," the statement added.
    "Senator McCain looks forward to returning to work as soon as possible."
    A day earlier McCain received an MRI scan at the National Institutes of Health, also in Bethesda, his office said.
    He will continue to receive targeted radiation and chemotherapy treatments at NIH "while maintaining a regular work schedule in the United States Senate," it added.

Should McCain's return be delayed, prospects for the tax overhaul would narrow substantially.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/cancer-ba...224345982.html

Is it "normal side effects"?

Is he trying to obstruct the tax bill by faking it?

Is he getting worse?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    McCain To Miss Critical Tax Vote, Returning To Arizona After Chemo Treatment

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-17/mccain-miss-critical-tax-vote-returning-arizona-after-chemo-treatment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's getting closer:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He needs to retire and spend some time with his family.

I think that he has it in him to screw us over several more times before he leaves for the Bush ranch in Paraguay.

John McCain, who is battling brain cancer, was in stable condition Monday after undergoing surgery to treat an infection, an aide said, adding that Senate colleagues have made frequent visits to see him."On Sunday, Senator McCain was admitted to Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona, and underwent surgery to treat an intestinal infection related to diverticulitis," spokeswoman Julie Tarallo said.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/cancer-st...002411449.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

John McCain, who is battling brain cancer, was in stable condition Monday after undergoing surgery to treat an infection,, and underwent surgery to treat an intestinal infection related to diverticulitis,
    Proof his brain is in his ass.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Is Dick Cheney sharing his secrets on how to be evil and live forever?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Ha ha. Real funny guys. As evil and destructive as brain cancer may be, having to suffer through John McCain isn't a joke.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meghan McCain returned to Arizona this week to be with her ailing father, Sen. John McCain, who is battling a deadly form of brain cancer and has been in the hospital after surgery.

After the news of McCain's hospitalization earlier this week, his wife, Cindy McCain tweeted he was "doing well." She wrote the couple was anticipating a return to their property in Cornville, Ariz., near Sedona.

It is unclear whether the senator, or his family members, will attend the McCain Institute for International Leadership's annual Sedona Forum. The McCain Institute is part of Arizona State University.

More at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...newstopstories

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why won't that piece of $#@! just die already?

Curse you two. I clicked on this thread under "New Posts" hoping for good news.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Curse you two. I clicked on this thread under "New Posts" hoping for good news.
    I think it's all downhill from here, he may not be dead yet but I think won't be going back to D.C. anymore.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think it's all downhill from here, he may not be dead yet but I think won't be going back to D.C. anymore.
    His freaking mother is still alive. He's got another 20-30 years left.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    His freaking mother is still alive.
    Does she have brain cancer?

He's got another 20-30 years left.
    No way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Arizona lawmakers are debating legislation that would keep John McCain’s Senate successor off the ballot in November’s midterm elections, should the seat become open before the end of next month.

The bill, which could come up for a vote this week, would change the state’s process for replacing members of Congress who resign or die in office. Though Democrats are expected to block the measure, the effort has renewed speculation about McCain’s health.
    McCain, a six-term Arizona senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee, was diagnosed last summer with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. The 81-year-old has been with his family, absent from Washington, since December.
    State Democrats accused Republicans of playing politics with the bill by trying to eliminate the possibility of two open US Senate seats in a year when the state could determine control of Congress. Nationally, the historic unpopularity of Donald Trump is fueling talk of sweeping Democratic gains.

Arizona Republicans are already defending the seat that will be vacated by retiring senator Jeff Flake. The battle to replace him is expected to be one of the fiercest – and most expensive – midterm races.
    “Where there’s smoke there’s fire,” Democratic state senator Steve Farley, the assistant minority leader, told the Guardian. “The effect of this bill would be to allow a Republican to serve in that [US] Senate seat without standing for election in a year when things aren’t looking like they’re going well for Republicans.”

Republicans say that is not the their intent. Steve Yarbrough, the Arizona senate president, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Guardian. But he recently told the Hill: “I think everybody was just trying to make this process fair. I think it’s unfortunately probably much ado about little. It’s not like this is going to create some advantage.”

Debate on the issue erupted this week, when Republicans moved to amend the legislation one day after McCain’s office announced that he had undergone surgery related to an intestinal infection.

In the event McCain’s seat becomesopen, Governor Doug Ducey, a Republican also up for re-election this year, will make an appointment. The seat would appear on the next general election ballot.

The Arizona secretary of state’s office has said that if the vacancy occurs before 31 May, voters will elect a new senator in this year’s general election. If the seat opens after that date, the appointee will serve through 2020.

By introducing an “emergency clause” to the bill concerning succession to vacated congressional seats, state senate Republicans proposed changing that deadline to 150 days prior to a regular primary election, or 31 March of this year. That would ensure that McCain’s seat did not appear on the ballot in November.
    Without the emergency clause, the legislation would not take effect in time to impact the 2018 election.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-r...110021651.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

John McCain's son-in-law, conservative pundit Ben Domenech, tweeted Saturday night that the senator, who is battling a deadly form of brain cancer, asked him to take care of his daughter, Meghan.
    McCain, a six-term Arizona Republican, was released from the hospital last week. He had been in stable condition at the Mayo Clinic, according to his family and Senate office, following surgery for an intestinal infection related to diverticulitis.
    McCain, 81, has been recovering at his family's retreat near Sedona, a tweet from his wife, Cindy, suggests.
    Ben Domenech's tweet was posted at 8:16 p.m. Arizona time. It is unclear what prompted the message. He subsequently deleted the tweet sometime before 10 p.m.

More at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...han/562544002/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was thinking about this the other day. Did Trump really vote for McCain in 08 or did he write in himself? Just because you endorse someone publicly doesn't mean when election day comes you have to vote for them.

He's beat cancer a few times already. His freaking Mom is still alive FFS.
    DAM! what is she 200?

Wow, she was born in 1912.

Roberta McCain (born February 7, 1912) is the widow of Admiral John S. McCain Jr. and mother of the Republican Arizona Senator and two-time Presidential candidate John S. McCain III.

that makes her 106 yrs old.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 04-30-2018 at 08:58 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Good stock. Too bad he's scumbag.

If I were Trump, I'd go.

McCain doesn’t want Trump at his funeral

Sen. John McCain loathes President Trump so much that he plans to diss him from beyond the grave.

The ailing Arizona Republican, who has brain cancer, is organizing his funeral – and close associates have told the White House that Trump will not be invited.

Instead, Vice President Mike Pence, who served with McCain in Congress, will be asked to attend the service, the New York Times reported Saturday. The ceremony will be held at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/05/mccain...t-his-funeral/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast