Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217%

You know whats interesting to me? I work with two young (less than 20) women who had boyfriends in the Military. Both of them wanted to get married before their BFs were deployed in Afghanistan. One of them actually did get married and the other decided to wait because her BF ended up not being deployed.

It sounds to me like those statistics are made from MANY young and naive people getting married for no other reason than they didn't want to wait.

To be honest though, the girl who did get married had dated her boyfriend for several years prior and I think they have a good chance of staying married. The other girl, though, I was about 100% sure would end up divorced and pregnant real quickly after she got married. I was actually relieved when she said she wasn't getting married because she's a really nice girl, just not that smart.

This entire situation makes me really upset at the Obamas and McCains of the world.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Palin sent her son in the war for iraqi WMDs search, she seems financially ok.
    But many are from economicaly needy classes.
    yeah, and john kerry and mccain't.
    but our military front line meat-grinder troops aren't senator's sons.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is odd, thought controversial SWC Allen West was on Fox news big pay roll:

EXCLUSIVE — HOA to Allen West: We’ll Take Your House, Unless You Pay up!

Posted by Jose Lambiet , September 6, 2013

Former U.S. Rep. Allen West faced foreclosure in July when the HOA of his Weston development claimed he wasn’t paying maintenance fees (Special to Gossip Extra)

As a Tea Party favorite, former U. S. Rep. Allen West doesn’t care much for the government, and even less for taxes.
    Apparently, Fox News Channel contributor West also has issues with the HOA of his development in Weston.
    The Fountain Spring Homeowners Association filed liens against West and his wife, ex-Florida Atlantic University Trustee Angela West four times — count’em, four! — in the past two years, records show.
    Why?
    The former U.S. Army lieutenant colonel’s not paying his maintenance fees for months at a time!
    In July, the HOA filed a lawsuit to have the house sold on the courthouse steps but dismissed the foreclosure attempt after he paid up on Aug. 20.
    West, who bought in the gate community in 2004 for $270,000, isn’t returning calls for comment.
    Public records show his property is being assessed $390 in fees per quarter.
    The HOA undertook foreclosure proceedings in July because West owed $964.50, including fees and penalties.
    Because of re-districting, West, 52, moved to a rented house in Palm Beach Gardens early last year so he could run for office in a mainly Republican area.
    He campaigned for a territory that stretched from the north side of Palm Beach County to the Treasure Coast, and was beaten for the seat by Democrat Patrick Murphy.

http://gossipextra.com/2013/09/06/al...lien-hoa-2940/

At least we now have freedom, peace, Democracy, tolerance and friends in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yes , it is excellent . Really hits home with a cup of K Rat coffee , cigarette the smell of fresh Arty.

Bump.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    At least we now have freedom, peace, Democracy, tolerance and friends in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Iraqi Operational Freedom:

Over a million Americans gave lives/limbs/mental health for freedom of Iraq and today Iraq joined military campaign with America's foes Iran and Russia:

Iraq , Siding With U.S. Foes Russia and Iran, Bombs ISIS ‘Terrorist Death Machine’ in Syria,

By Tom O'Connor On 4/19/18

Iraq conducted rare airstrikes in neighboring Syria on Thursday, highlighting an alliance that may further threaten U.S. interests in the region.
    On Thursday, the office of Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi announced in a statement that "our heroic armed forces carried out deadly airstrikes on Thursday against positions of ISIS terrorist gangs in Syria by the Iraqi border." Iraq has mostly defeated the jihadis at home with outside help from a U.S.-led coalition and Iran, and the strikes come after Abadi said last week he may intervene against ISIS in Syria, where the U.S. and Iran were at odds over a seven-year civil war.
    Related: Iran warns of new ‘war’ as it boosts ties with Syria, Iraq and Lebanon
    "The strikes against ISIS gangs were conducted due to the risk posed by these gangs against Iraqi territory, and demonstrates the increased capabilities of our valiant armed forces in the pursuit and elimination of terrorism," Abadi's office said in a statement sent to Newsweek.

http://www.newsweek.com/iraq-joins-u...winning-893490

Afghan Enduring Freedom:

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12