Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I filed to run for state representative in the 113th district in Kansas

Today I filed to run for state representative in the 113th district in Kansas

My name is Brett Fairchild. Today I filed to run for state representative. I'll be running in a rural district in Kansas. I'm running on a platform of opposing tax increases, repealing the state sales tax on food groceries, ending civil asset forfeiture and no knock warrants, legalizing industrial hemp and medical marijuana, opposing all restrictions on gun ownership, supporting a free market healthcare system, reforming our state's licensing laws, reducing the size of the state workforce and reducing welfare/entitlement spending.

I'm running in a Republican primary against a Republican I would describe as being a liberal Republican. I've known him my entire life and even consider him to be a friend, but I just have strong disagreements with him politically. He's part of a group of so called "moderate Republicans" in the Kansas house. In reality, they vote with the Democrats about 80-90% of the time. These so called "moderate Republicans" make up about half of the Republicans in the house of representatives. This legislative session they voted for the largest tax increase in state history, voted for massive spending increases, voted to keep Common Core, voted against defunding Planned Parenthood, voted to expand gun free zones, voted to expand Medicaid, voted to restore teacher tenure, etc.

My opponent raised a large amount of money in his last campaign, and he defeated his previous opponent by a large amount. Therefore, I'm going to need to come up with ways to raise money to run a competitive campaign. I'd appreciate any support you guys could give me. Even if you can only afford to donate a small amount, a lot of people donating a small amount of money can go a long way.

I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I'm just posting his here so that more people can see it initially. If the mods could just leave this post in this sub forum for a day or two before moving it, I'd appreciate it.

This is my campaign website for anyone who wants to look at it.

http://www.brettfairchild.com/
    Last edited by Brett85; 01-02-2018 at 06:59 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    My name is Brett Fairchild. Today I filed to run for state representative. I'll be running in a rural district in Kansas. I'm running on a platform of opposing tax increases, repealing the state sales tax on food groceries, ending civil asset forfeiture and no knock warrants, legalizing industrial hemp and medical marijuana, opposing all restrictions on gun ownership, supporting a free market healthcare system, reforming our state's licensing laws, reducing the size of the state workforce and reducing welfare/entitlement spending.

I'm running in a Republican primary against a Republican I would describe as being a liberal Republican. I've known him my entire life and even consider him to be a friend, but I just have strong disagreements with him politically. He's part of a group of so called "moderate Republicans" in the Kansas house. In reality, they vote with the Democrats about 80-90% of the time. These so called "moderate Republicans" make up about half of the Republicans in the house of representatives. This legislative session they voted for the largest tax increase in state history, voted for massive spending increases, voted to keep Common Core, voted against defunding Planned Parenthood, voted to expand gun free zones, voted to expand Medicaid, voted to restore teacher tenure, etc.

My opponent raised a large amount of money in his last campaign, and he defeated his previous opponent by a large amount. Therefore, I'm going to need to come up with ways to raise money to run a competitive campaign. I'd appreciate any support you guys could give me. Even if you can only afford to donate a small amount, a lot of people donating a small amount of money can go a long way.

I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I'm just posting his here so that more people can see it initially. If the mods could just leave this post in this sub forum for a day or two before moving it, I'd appreciate it.

This is my campaign website for anyone who wants to look at it.

http://www.brettfairchild.com/
    We do not have tax on food here . I also would like to see residential utilities exempted .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    We do not have tax on food here . I also would like to see residential utilities exempted .
    Yeah, there are 32 states that exempt food groceries from being taxed, and an additional five or six states that have no sales tax at all. Repealing the sales tax on food in Kansas is a very realistic proposal.

Best of Luck.

Local issues, local solutions, local politics.

Be careful and don't get SWATTED.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Good luck.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Congrats (I think??). There are few men who can keep their integrity while in office but you of course can use Ron Paul as your mentor. Somehow he did it...

Good luck! I will support you.

Get some pictures of you shaking hands and kissing babies on the website. Hope to see more farmers run for office.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best of luck to you. Please keep us posted.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    Get some pictures of you shaking hands and kissing babies on the website. Hope to see more farmers run for office.
    I have a picture with me and two of my young nephews on the palm cards that I'm going to start handing out. So thousands of people will at least see that picture.

Do yourself a favor and learn how to win. Most people don't understand how this stuff works, go learn from people who do.

Start here:

https://www.leadershipinstitute.org/training/

Then take one of their classes:

https://facl-training.org
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I know we've had beef in the past but if you're genuine about why you're running then I wish you luck, Brett.

May I suggest adding something to your issues page about supporting gold and silver as legal tender in your state, similar to Utah's bill several years ago?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

You are in my prayers. I hope your constituents see you as the honorable man that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I know we've had beef in the past but if you're genuine about why you're running then I wish you luck, Brett.

May I suggest adding something to your issues page about supporting gold and silver as legal tender in your state, similar to Utah's bill several years ago?
    Thanks. I'll look into that issue and the Utah bill. But mostly I'm trying to focus on local issues that I believe people in my district care a lot about.

Good luck, friend.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Good luck!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Do yourself a favor and learn how to win. Most people don't understand how this stuff works, go learn from people who do.

Start here:

https://www.leadershipinstitute.org/training/

Then take one of their classes:

https://facl-training.org
    Is there a list of elected officials who took these classes?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Maybe the correct winning strategy is to first identify if more dems or republicans and then run as that party. Then find out everything that the majority of the people want and then scream that from the pulpit every chance you have. Promise them free cars, cell phones, healthcare, food, housing, if they want it then promise you will give it to them.

The key is getting elected. Once you are in office you never honor your promises anyway so it doesn't matter what you said to get elected.

Many politicians run on the small government agenda platform and once elected increase the size.

Catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Promise the honey.

Need to be well liked personally. Then reengaging on your promises won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Is there a list of elected officials who took these classes?
    Yes but it is not public.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yes but it is not public.
    How come? Wouldn't that be great advertising?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I edited the first part of your webpage to read...

I’m ??? Fairchild, your conservative republican candidate for district 113 in the Kansas House of Representatives.

Born in Stafford and raised on a farm in St. Johns, I am a National Honor Society graduate of St. Johns High School and hold a degree in Business Administration from Sterling College. I worked at CPI in Great Bend for a couple of years before returning to the family farm, and also have experience as a public school teacher.

I attend Calvary Baptist Church in Stafford, where I’ve served on the finance committee and with the AWANA program. As a strong, pro-life christian, I pledge to introduce a Life at Conception bill to clarify that unborn children have legal protection under the 14th Amendment, and these children cannot be deprived of Life, Liberty, or Property without Due Process of Law. This will be the first bill that I introduce as a state legislator.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    How come? Wouldn't that be great advertising?
    Things don't work like that.

Forget issues, platforms, beliefs, and principles.

You need a hook that Boobus can sink in dentures into.

Might I suggest.... MAKGA.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 01-04-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Forget issues, platforms, beliefs, and principles.

You need a hook that Boobus can sink in dentures into.

Might I suggest.... MAKGA.
    Don't forget issues, platforms, beliefs, and principles, they are important.

However you are correct that slogans and personality are even more important when herding the sheeple, MAKE KANSAS (AND AMERICA) GREAT AGAIN is a good slogan in these times, he should definitely use it before an opponent does unless he comes up with something better.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An even better strategy would be to always depict yourself with a Bible in one hand, and the 'murikan phlag in the other and preach killing "our enemies". Really get those redlegged jayhawkers rallied up in a John Brown killing frenzy.

The promise of a greater vitriolic body count is a proven way to defeat your R opponent in fly-over country.

Boobus really does respond as the stereotype.

Don't forget the pandering Juan Deere hat.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 01-04-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Best of luck to you!

An even better strategy would be to always depict yourself with a Bible in one hand, and the 'murikan phlag in the other and preach killing "our enemies". Really get those redlegged jayhawkers rallied up in a John Brown killing frenzy.

The promise of a greater vitriolic body count is a proven way to defeat your R opponent in fly-over country.

Boobus really does respond as the stereotype.

Don't forget the pandering Juan Deere hat.
    I cried eagles.

Best of luck!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

stuff
    Let's not forget that it I easy for any opponents to search for his name and find this thread and use comments by others here to smear him.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Let's not forget that it I easy for any opponents to search for his name and find this thread and use comments by others here to smear him.
    Sorry, I don't self censor.

If Brett thinks that he will be smeared by association with RPF, he will slink away like any other wannabe politician.

Or, he might refute my brilliant, albeit sarcastic, truths about the Kansas variety of boobus.

Or, perhaps he embraces free discussion and politely avoids contentious topics on internet forums.

Kansas, by the way, has produced perhaps the most virulent strain of murderous ideologues and neocons and gun-grabbers from John Brown to Bob Dole, Sam Brownstain, and Nancy Kassebaum.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast