Thread: As transportation grinds to halt, where is Sec. Buttplug? On "maternity" leave

Exclamation As transportation grinds to halt, where is Sec. Buttplug? On "maternity" leave

And the crazy continues, unabated.

Now, don't get me wrong, the best thing Pete Buttplug could do is leave the position vacant...this clown can't fill a pothole let alone manage a global shipping shutdown, caused by his idiot boss's poison mandate.

But to get paid a six figure salary, to do nothing but play house with your co-masturbator while starting the queeer grooming process on two innocent infants is a new level of insanity.

Mrs. AF called it in a post a couple days ago, said he was on "maternity leave".

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg on Paid Leave Since Mid-August amid Supply Crisis

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...supply-crisis/

Paul Bois 14 Oct 2021

As cargo ships congested at U.S. ports, creating an unprecedented supply-chain crisis, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was on paid leave to spend time with his husband, Chasten, and their two newborn babies.

After weeks of people questioning Buttigieg’s whereabouts as crisis after crisis mounted, Politico’s West Wing Playbook confirmed on Thursday that the transportation secretary was “lying low.”

“They didn’t previously announce it, but Buttigieg’s office told West Wing Playbook that the secretary has actually been on paid leave since mid-August to spend time with his husband, Chasten, and their two newborn babies,” Playbook reported.

They didn’t previously announce it, but Buttigieg’s office told West Wing Playbook that the secretary has actually been on paid leave since mid-August to spend time with his husband, Chasten, and their two newborn babies.
    https://t.co/LqXOJOnnbJ

— Matthew Kaminski (@KaminskiMK) October 15, 2021

A spokesperson for the Department of Transportation confirmed that Buttigieg was “mostly offline” throughout this tumultuous time period.

“For the first four weeks, he was mostly offline except for major agency decisions and matters that could not be delegated,” said the spokesperson. “He has been ramping up activities since then.”

The spokesperson added that Buttigieg will “continue to take some time over the coming weeks to support his husband and take care of his new children.”

The White House did not confirm if President Biden approved the leave himself.

“Pete’s been a key member of the team since Day One, and has been critical as we shepherd the President’s agenda across the finish line,” an official told Politico. “We’re overjoyed for him and Chasten, and believe every American should have access to paid family leave.”

This past Wednesday, Buttigieg reportedly attended a “high-profile meeting” with President Joe Biden to discuss the ongoing supply chain crisis that will likely result in empty shelves at major and small retail outlets this holiday season – a prospect resulting in the hashtag #EmptyShelvesJoe trending on Twitter Thursday.

Hoping to correct-course, the Department of Transportation sent an email to reporters this week highlighting Buttigieg’s multiple media appearances since last Thursday. “ICYMI: Secretary Buttigieg Highlights Administration Efforts to Address Ongoing Supply Chain Disruptions,” the subject line reportedly said. In the past week, Buttigieg has appeared on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, MSNBC with Geoff Bennett, CNN’s New Day, CNBC’s Morning Bell, Bloomberg TV’s Balance of Power, and the NPR Politics Podcast.

Dawn Huckelbridge, director of the group Paid Leave for All, praised Buttigieg for going on paternity leave, saying it “reflects changing norms.”

“It absolutely reflects changing norms and changing needs,” said Huckelbridge “I’m thrilled that the secretary did that and showed that work and family go together.”

The supply chain crisis extended into grocery stores this week, with some businesses reporting empty shelves for canned goods, snacks, and pet food.

“Typically where shoppers can find snacks, canned goods, and pet food, the shelves were bare and nearly empty,” Jacksonville news station WJXT reported.

“In Target, fruit snacks were limited, protein bars were nearly gone too, and Lunchables were low in stock,” the outlet said. “We saw the least amount of available frozen foods at Publix and snack foods like beef jerky were running low.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    welcome to the grand delusion
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with somebody's paternity leave.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with somebody's paternity leave.
    Pull the Buttplug and dump the Turd..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Pull the Buttplug and dump the Turd..
    I'm not a fan of the guys politics either but there is no reason to drag his personal life or family into it.

I dont think I can support pd maternity leave for males that are being pd with tax dollars.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I dont think I can support pd maternity leave for males that are being pd with tax dollars.
    Me neither..

No one just had a baby.. the ****** adopted kids.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I'm not a fan of the guys politics either but there is no reason to drag his personal life or family into it.
    On the other hand, his being gay and publicly celebrating that aspect of his personal life, is a major reason he was so prominent in the 2020 primaries, and then elevated to such a high position at such a young age and with so little on his resume compared to what is typical for a head of a federal department.

He made it an issue. And now look at the results. Imagine if a straight man in his position just decided to take a months long paid leave at taxpayer expense, neglecting work that according to his own worldview is vital to the nation at a time when according to his own worldview it's even more vitally important than normal, because his wife had a baby.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He knew he was pregnant, so he shouldn't have accepted the job in the first place.

America will fail because it is rooted in heresy.

ANATHEMA.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Now, don't get me wrong, the best thing Pete Buttplug could do is leave the position vacant...t
    The more I think about it, this is the angle with the best payoff here.

And not just to make this point ourselves, but to point out the obvious fact that Buttigieg himself apparently agrees that the job of the Transportation Secretary is not really all that important. Even as much of an unabashed champion of central planning in transportation as Buttigieg, and even at such a historically crucial juncture for that issue in federal politics, he considers his job as unnecessary.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

I am not a Fan at all..and his Politics is Sodomy.. Not a fan of that either..

Defend the Sodomite if you chose. I find it disgusting.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Lazy crane operators making $250,000 a year exacerbating port crisis, truckers say
    https://www.yahoo.com/now/lazy-crane...200100567.html

This story says the crane operators are working slow on purpose. If so, I want to know why. Something has pissed these guys off and they are throwing their weight around. Why are they using the leverage?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Guy disappears during the midst of a supply chain crisis? Me thinks that wasn't accidental and was clearly intentional.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 10-15-2021 at 06:06 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I am not a Fan at all..and his Politics is Sodomy.. Not a fan of that either..

Defend the Sodomite if you chose. I find it disgusting.
    That's his only claim to fame, his only resume' selling point.

"Look at me, I'm hip and queeer and au' courant, and so is my live in co-masturbator."

Every single mud port that I have been in and out of over the last 25 years, bar NONE, operated 24/7.

Buttigieg: We Could See Supply Chain Problems Coming for Months, But You Can’t Make Ports Run 24/7 ‘Overnight’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...4-7-overnight/

Ian Hanchett 15 Oct 2021

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Special Report,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said that the administration saw problems in the supply chain coming for a while and work on expanding the hours that ports stay open “began in July,” but making large ports open 24/7 “is not something you can do overnight.”

Host Bret Baier asked, [relevant remarks begin around 1:40] “This announcement came this week, Jen Psaki from the White House Briefing Room said it had been worked on for months, but you could see this coming down the road for a while, couldn’t you, Mr. Secretary?”

Buttigieg responded, “Well, yeah. I mean, let’s work backward from this week’s announcement. LA announced that it was going 24/7, but a few weeks earlier, Long Beach had announced their pilot to do that. Now, as you can imagine, a port that massive flipping to 24/7 is not something you can do overnight. But that work began in July, when I convened pretty much the entire ecosystem of supply chain actors who work around those west coast seaports. Those two ports, by the way, represent 40% of the container traffic into this country, and one of the ideas that emerged from that gathering, one of the actions steps that we wanted to pursue was to expand those hours. You can wind the clock back even further to February, the month that I got this job, and that’s when the president, looking ahead, signed that executive order calling for there to be new levels of urgency around the supply chain. Now, obviously, these issues didn’t emerge overnight, which is why, not only do we have these near-term steps that we’ve been taking and coordinating with the private sector on, but also the need for a comprehensive infrastructure bill, the president’s infrastructure vision, which includes $17 billion for our ports.”

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1448803712344985600
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://thespectator.info/2021/10/17...e-twitchy-com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Lazy crane operators making $250,000 a year exacerbating port crisis, truckers say

This story says the crane operators are working slow on purpose. If so, I want to know why. Something has pissed these guys off and they are throwing their weight around. Why are they using the leverage?
    California just decided half the trucks serving their ports belch too many pollutants. The cranes are operating on orders, because you can only stack containers so high while waiting for Approved Semi Tractors.

Were you waiting for the government or CNN to tell you what's really going on? You should live so long.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

https://thespectator.info/2021/10/17...e-twitchy-com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Paid leave since mid August? 60 something days of sitting on his ass? How out of touch are they? I am 50 years old. I have 4 kids. I have never taken off more than a week at a time my whole life.

Also, My wife and I love each other, but if I was to stay home for more than a week, I think my wife would start throwing things at me, but 60 days... Maybe Pete's partner murdered him and buried him in the backyard. That would explain his absence from his job that's so important that he can take of 2 months.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

I finally have a theory as to what the crane operators are doing. Why the leverage? They want the federal government to dump billions into their ports under the guise of infrastructure upgrades.

They are working slow and inefficiently... to make the point that they need upgrades. Our ports are neglected and not up to global standards and the solution is for the U.S. Government to Build Back Better® with taxpayer dollars. Money to the labor unions.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.