Thread: CA - Massive cargo thefts from trains stopped near LA

Exclamation CA - Massive cargo thefts from trains stopped near LA

Import the turd world, you'll live in the turd world.

So much diversity.

Thousands of Stolen Packages Cover Downtown LA Train Tracks

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2022...-train-tracks/

NICK GILBERTSON 14 Jan 2022

Staggering footage shows thousands of reportedly stolen and discarded packages lining a stretch of the Union Pacific train tracks in downtown Los Angeles.

“Sources told CBSLA that the locks Union Pacific uses are easy to cut, and officials with the Los Angeles Police Department said they don’t respond to reports of a train robbery unless Union Pacific asks them for help, which they said is rare,” the outlet reports.

Among items discarded and left behind were at-home coronavirus test kits.

Sources told the outlet that the section of tracks was cleaned about a month ago, meaning the current mess is merely from the past thirty days or so. Sources added that the tracks were cleaned up three months ago as well.

Union Pacific provided CBSLA with a statement on the matter:

“Union Pacific is very concerned about the increased cargo thefts in California, and we have taken several steps to address this criminal activity. These rail crimes pose a serious safety threat to the public, our employees and local law enforcement officers.

“We have increased the number of Union Pacific special agents on patrol, and we have utilized and explored additional technologies to help us combat this criminal activity. We also will continue to work with our local law enforcement partners and elected leaders.”

CBSLA checked the tracking status of one discarded package, which stated “in transit” and was scheduled to be delivered that day.

The report is especially frustrating given delivery times are already significantly hampered by supply chain issues under the Biden Administration.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-14-2022 at 03:28 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those people are worse than animals. When I was a kid, we had a dog who would steal food off the table, eat it in the living room and leave the wrapper on the livingroo floor. My dad would grab the dog, rub its nose in the wrapper and give the dog a swat on the rump. After a few times that stopped. Then one day we were cleaning out the basement and in a corner behind a box we found a ton of empty food wrappers. My dad laughed too hard to punish the dog.

Those savages are too stupid and too arrogant to hide the wrappers like a dog.

LA a certainly expensive place to rent or own property with wages that have not kept up with inflation, 7.1% unemployment and lower buying power due to inflation, yet people wonder why the poor are robbing trains?

This while the Pedophile elites bask in their best economic year ever from the last few years of totally raping the lower classes with the great consolidation. Thanks with the help of their politicians friends that gave them lock downs.

I am not saying I agree with it but this nation gets what it deserves. My only wish is if these people turn their anger directly at the politicians and elites responsible.

Also funny how a bunch a poor people opening up a few box cars makes news yet the millions, and billions of government waste, corporate malfeasance and a senile old man with a foreign policy that almost ended the world in a nuclear exchange with Russia is largely ignored by the news media. No, the greatest threat in their eyes are a handful of people opening a box car and stealing a TV, gasp.
    Last edited by kahless; 01-14-2022 at 04:00 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    My only wish is if these people turn their anger directly at the politicians and elites responsible.
    That's never going to happen.

When trains full of goods destined for random nobodies get plundered (or private businesses get looted & burned), it's no skin off the noses of the politicians and their cronies - but trespass upon their sacred precincts or otherwise frighten or discomfit them, and they will lose their $#@! and come down on you with both feet.

The chicken$#@! plunderers, looters, and burners know this.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Yet another reason why people can remain unemployed and not seeking work for years on end.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Top Union Pacific official blasts far-left policies over 'spiraling crisis' of rail theft, threatens to leave Los Angeles

https://www.theblaze.com/news/top-un...ve-los-angeles

Chris Enloe
    January 17, 2022

A top official with Union Pacific revealed last week that the company could move its rail operations from Los Angeles County unless law enforcement stops thieves from raiding shipping containers.

Last week, a viral video showed how thieves are pillaging through shipping containers in the infamous Lincoln Heights neighborhood. Tens of thousands of destroyed packages littered the area around the rail tracks.

Keep hearing of train burglaries in LA on the scanner so went to #LincolnHeights to see it all. And\u2026 there\u2019s looted packages as far as the eye can see. Amazon packages, @UPS boxes, unused Covid tests, fishing lures, epi pens. Cargo containers left busted open on trains. @CBSLApic.twitter.com/JvNF4UVy2K
    — John Schreiber (@John Schreiber) 1642116644

What are the details?

Adrian Guerrero, general director of public affairs, sent a letter to Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón demanding his office stop the "spiraling crisis of organized and opportunistic criminal rail theft."

Shockingly, Guerrero revealed that "over 90 containers are compromised per day."

"Since December 2020, UP has experienced an over 160% increase in criminal rail theft in Los Angeles County. In several months during that period, the increase from the previous year surpassed 200%. In October 2021 alone, the increase was 356% over compared to October 2020," Guerrero explained. "Not only do these dramatic increases represent retail product thefts – they include increased assaults and armed robberies of UP employees performing their duties moving trains."

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.

However, the actual crimes are not the only issue. Guerrero explained that far-left criminal justice policies have exacerbated the problem and emboldened criminals.

Criminals are caught and arrested, turned over to local authorities for booking, arraigned before the local courts, charges are reduced to a misdemeanor or petty offense, and the criminal is released after paying a nominal fine.These individuals are generally caught and released back onto the streets in less than twenty-four hours. Even with all the arrests made, the no-cash bail policy and extended timeframe for suspects to appear in court is causing re-victimization to UP by these same criminals. In fact, criminals boast to our officers that charges will be pled down to simple trespassing – which bears no serious consequence. Without any judicial deterrence or consequence, it is no surprise that over the past year UP has witnessed the significant increase in criminal rail theft described above.

According to Guerrero, UPS and FedEx, which utilize Union Pacific's rail services, are seeking to divert their business away from Los Angeles County — and Union Pacific may join them.

"Like our customers, UP is now contemplating serious changes to our operating plans to avoid Los Angeles County," Guerrero wrote, adding that such a "drastic change" would significantly impact the national supply chain.

Guerrero went on to say that Union Pacific understands "the well-intended social justice goals" of Gascón, but demanded he "hold these criminals accountable."

How did Gascón respond?

In response, Gascón's office claimed they are committed to ensuring the safety of Los Angeles County's infrastructure. In a statement, the office also said many cases are not prosecuted due to "insufficient evidence."

"Some cases presented to our office by Union Pacific have been filed, such as burglary and grand theft, while others have been declined due to insufficient evidence. We make charging decisions based on the evidence," the statement said.

However, Guerrero explained in his letter to Gascón that despite over 100 criminals having been arrested while actively vandalizing trains, Union Pacific "has not been contacted for any court proceedings."

the fact they are still using LA county is incredible , i'd be changing that.
    Do something Danke

This is what happens when you transport stuff in Commiefornia.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Also funny how a bunch a poor people opening up a few box cars makes news yet the millions, and billions of government waste, corporate malfeasance and a senile old man with a foreign policy that almost ended the world in a nuclear exchange with Russia is largely ignored by the news media. No, the greatest threat in their eyes are a handful of people opening a box car and stealing a TV, gasp.
    It's more that there has always been corruption, the higher you go, but if TPTB left us alone and I can feed my family, all was as well as its going to get. Now that corruption is weighing heavy on us with Faucism.

The trash on the train track is a sign of this degeneracy from on high. Traditionally, neighborhoods stayed clean. No trash laying around. That train yard is a disgrace.

It reminds me of a time I left a stash of food up in a hunting cabin. The cabinets weren't as secure as I thought they were. The mice and rats totally ravaged it. If they had eaten the food that would have been fine, but the cabin was a dump with $#@! and wrappers everywhere. Those train robbers are no better than rats.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    It's more that there has always been corruption, the higher you go, but if TPTB left us alone and I can feed my family, all was as well as its going to get. Now that corruption is weighing heavy on us with Faucism.

The trash on the train track is a sign of this degeneracy from on high. Traditionally, neighborhoods stayed clean. No trash laying around. That train yard is a disgrace.

It reminds me of a time I left a stash of food up in a hunting cabin. The cabinets weren't as secure as I thought they were. The mice and rats totally ravaged it. If they had eaten the food that would have been fine, but the cabin was a dump with $#@! and wrappers everywhere. Those train robbers are no better than rats.
    I've got, oh jeez, literally hundreds of books of photographs and histories of railroads here in the US and abroad.

It's interesting to note that it was not until the great "cultural upheavals" of the 1960s and onward that rail road cars became covered in graffiti.

The problem has become so bad that there are films and wraps designed to be easily stripped off once covered with graffiti and gang tags.

Something they got from racing car windshields several years back, as a way to clean all dust and bugs off without lengthening the pit stop.

Car identification is vital for dispatching purposes. Railroads don't paint that stuff on for grins and giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I've got, oh jeez, literally hundreds of books of photographs and histories of railroads here in the US and abroad.

It's interesting to note that it was not until the great "cultural upheavals" of the 1960s and onward that rail road cars became covered in graffiti.
    My family owned a farm with a beautiful creek with a nice swimming hole. For years people from town swam in it. In the late 60s early 70s, people started to leave cases of empty beer cans. Private property used to be more open in those days because others respected it. Now no one but the owners vist that swimming hole.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    My family owned a farm with a beautiful creek with a nice swimming hole. For years people from town swam in it. In the late 60s early 70s, people started to leave cases of empty beer cans. Private property used to be more open in those days because others respected it. Now no one but the owners vist that swimming hole.
    Except now they've gone from littering to filing lawsuits.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-18-2022 at 10:12 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Except now they've gone from littering to filing lawsuits.
    Rats with suits. Instead of littering with excrement and food wrappers, it's subpeonas and torts.

Meanwhile, in completely unrelated news from New York:

https://twitter.com/AuronMacintyre/s...35984863784962

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Union Pacific rail police are ill equipped to handle it maybe they should simply let the state know that there are people of unknown vaccination status without masks robbing trains.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

They learned well from $#@!-Cago.

This was two years ago.

Then they'll figure how to bomb a train and shoot the locks off with Kalashnikovs.

Such cultural enrichment.

I knew that as soon as I saw people wearing masks.

Anarcho-Tyranny...that is brilliant.

And brilliant example.

I'm using that.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Meanwhile, in completely unrelated news from New York:

https://twitter.com/AuronMacintyre/s...35984863784962

They moved down the track to Bakersfield.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1668974841259790336

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.