Thread: NRA Secret Recording: They think gunowners are "idiots" and "fruitcakes"

Thumbs down NRA Secret Recording: They think gunowners are "idiots" and "fruitcakes"

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by jkr; 11-12-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

An organization that has a history of supporting gun control bills over the years shouldn't be calling gun owners idiots and fruitcakes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This one may be a bit old but it serves to illustrate a pattern of behavior on the part of the NRA and Republican politicians that had been going on LONG before this essay was written, and continues to this day, long after.

NRA Treachery in Pennsylvania
    By L. Neil Smith

Exclusive to The Libertarian Enterprise

I didn't want to do this.

As many of my online friends have become aware, I've been taking a break from the unending "mortal combat" of the internet, to finish Bretta Martyn, a sequel to my 1989 novel Henry Martyn, that I'm currently writing under contract to TOR Books. This is a matter of attending to my career (which I'd pretty much neglected over the past year or so) and of feeding my family. It was my sincere intention to avoid making or replying to any political posts until the book was finished.

But now, news has reached me that the National Rifle Association -- of which, year after year, I've been an increasingly disgusted and embarrassed Life Member ever since 1973 -- has been caught redhanded pimping for illegal and immoral legislation to register long guns in Pennsylvania. Legislation that's also supported by Handgun Control, Incorporated.

How very interesting.

And how very consistent with my writings, late last year and early this, about the character of NRA leadership. Let me tell you, a great deal of highly emotional criticism was leveled at me for that. I'm sure you saw some of it. To those of you who did the leveling: up yours. As usual, I was right and you were wrong. And as far as I'm concerned (as far as anybody with the least shred of decency or sanity must be concerned) this blatantly corrupt and morally repulsive act on the part of the NRA leadership vindicates and justifies every word I wrote.

It makes me feel more than a little guilty that I wasn't severe enough.

Believe me, I'll correct that in the future.

Being offline as I am at present, I've seen little discussion of this matter, aside from the bald fact itself, some expressions of well-justified anger on the part of gun owners -- betrayed by the NRA once again -- and the slimy maunderings of the same eat-anything NRA apologists who got us where we are today, about the necessity for compromise.

The eternal necessity for compromise.

In an era of Republican domination of Congress, don't you find this revealing and significant? I sure as hell do. And given the ethically questionable (if not downright incestuous) relationship between the NRA and the GOP, it also tends to vindicate and justify everything I ever said about Republicans, doesn't it? So much for a repeal of the Brady Bill or the blatantly illegal rifle and magazine law.

So much for Newt Gingrich and his comrades and their phony revolution.

And so much for the "new" leaders of the NRA who were going to be so much better than the old gang. How many times have we heard that before?

The estimable Ernest Hancock of SAFE (Second Amendment is For Everyone: safe@indirect.com) and Miguel Cartero of the Gun Owners' Liberation Front (GOLF: golf@indirect.com) have been arguing publicly -- and courageously, even if they're wrong -- for a long time that the NRA is actually a gun control fifth column that needs to be utterly destroyed, as badly as HCI, before we'll ever see the Second Amendment enforced again.

As hard as it may be for my regular readers to believe, I've been reluctant to agree with them -- although I knew the NRA's perfidious history pretty well. I knew the way, for example, that they tried to sell out owners of magnum revolvers back in the 1930s for the sake of keeping machineguns from being banned. I understood perfectly the way an organization might be subverted and altered in order to get those pesky dissidents together, under control, so they could eventually be dealt with by the New Deal or the New Frontier or the New World Order.

No, I don't believe in conspiracies.

I do believe that there's an enemy culture out there, bent on the destruction of our culture. Just turn on the TV to see it. And I'm more prepared at this particularly ignominious moment to believe Ernie and Miguel and to accept their analysis of the NRA than ever before.

In my essay, "Am I the NRA?" -- posted widely on the internet and distributed in printed form at the annual NRA convention in Phoenix -- I asked, if I had to do it all over again, would I join the NRA, and what could the NRA do to persuade me? For asking such questions I was vilified.

It seems to me now that a more appropriate question would be, why should I remain in the NRA? Why shouldn't I -- along with millions of other gun owners whom the leadership have daggered in the back once again -- pick the most public setting we can, invite the media, and burn our membership cards for the benefit of TV cameras and reporters droolingly eager, as always, to willfully misunderstand what's going on?

I want an answer, Neal.

I want an answer, Tanya.

I want an answer right now, Wayne.

If I don't get one that satisfies me -- and you'd better check out the Libertarian Second Amendment Caucus Statement of Principles before you even begin to try -- then I'll be certain that the NRA is an enemy organization which is distinguishable from HCI only by the vileness of its treachery.

And so will everybody else within the metaphorical sound of my voice.
    https://ncc-1776.org/tle1995/le951003.html
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Summary?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

@4:25... Just reveals what we've known.

I dropped my NRA membership in 2013, and did not renew my instructor certification. I was disappointed to see that even the NRA range in VA sucked...

Gottlieb of SAF did screw up but, unlike that jagoff Lapierre, Gottlieb walked some of his bs back - plus there's really no arguing with SAF results in the courts.

SAF & GOA FTW. The NRA is a waste of time and money at best, but most likely your funding the opposition if you continue to be a member.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post

Gottlieb of SAF did screw up
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yes sir, this was what I was speaking to. I was at SAF GRPC where he also walked that back the following year - it was a very bad call and he owned it.

Also, as I said, consider their legal action. McD V Chicago, and Heller V DC. SAF is not a bad organization - especially if you're willing to support the NRA.

https://www.saf.org/2nd-amendment-legal-action/

Gulag Chief:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Yes sir, this was what I was speaking to. I was at SAF GRPC where he also walked that back the following year - it was a very bad call and he owned it.
    Is there video of that? I would like to see it.

I'm still an NRA member, but I picked up a life membership around 1996 or so and they haven't seen a penny from me in this century. I still like thumbing through American Rifleman every month and voted for Ronnie Barrett when he came up for NRA board the last time I voted -- maybe 8 years ago?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Is there video of that? I would like to see it.
    I did not record it - but I was there in person. I'm sure there has to be some video account of him if not in that forum, in another one. People weren't letting him get away with it.

Gulag Chief:

Meanwhile the NRA says nothing about Rittenhouse being found not guilty.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Who is this prick?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Meanwhile the NRA says nothing about Rittenhouse being found not guilty.
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-s...-trial-verdict

KENOSHA, WI (November 19, 2021) — Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) issued the following statement today in response to the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse:

Consistent with the Constitution, in finding him not guilty on all charges, a jury of Kyle Rittenhouse’s peers recognized today that the human right to armed self-defense doesn’t end at a state line and applies equally to young adults.

Individuals facing a threat of violence have no duty to retreat before exercising their right to defend their life. And after weighing the evidence, the jury found that Mr. Rittenhouse should not be convicted on charges the prosecution should never have brought in the first place.

While Kyle is no longer under threat of being caged for defending his life, his experience shows the value of our fundamental, individual right to keep and bear arms: When the police aren’t willing or able to protect you from unjust force and violence, your AR-15—America’s rifle—can.

Firearms Policy Coalition (firearmspolicy.org), a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization, exists to create a world of maximal human liberty, defend constitutional rights, advance individual liberty, and restore freedom. FPC’s efforts are focused on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and adjacent issues including freedom of speech, due process, unlawful searches and seizures, separation of powers, asset forfeitures, privacy, encryption, and limited government.

The FPC team are next-generation advocates working to achieve the Organization’s strategic objectives through litigation, research, scholarly publications, amicus briefing, legislative and regulatory action, grassroots activism, education, outreach, and other programs. FPC Law (FPCLaw.org), the nation’s largest public interest legal team focused on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, lead the Second Amendment litigation and research space.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

When do they get to the comments?

https://www.newsweek.com/kyle-ritten...uittal-1651656

Kyle Rittenhouse Awarded AR-15 for 'Defense of Gun Rights' Following Acquittal
    "ALERT: GOA will be awarding Kyle Rittenhouse with an AR-15 for his defense of gun rights in America," GOA wrote in a Friday morning tweet. "Join us in saying THANK YOU to Kyle Rittenhouse for being a warrior for gun owners and self defense rights across the country!"
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.