Thread: Trump's Sr. Advisor Ivanka is Advising Her Father to Stand For Gun Control

Thumbs up Trump's Sr. Advisor Ivanka is Advising Her Father to Stand For Gun Control

This came up in another discussion on future GOP-Adelson wing Presidential candidates but important enough to be a separate topic in itself.
    Courageous leadership.

Ivanka Trump at SOTU with fellow Sr White House Advisor Jared Kushner and then Sec of labor Alex Acosta (who recently resigned following Epstein scandal leaks)

Ivanka Trump involved in congressional outreach on gun reform

August 13, 2019 / 10:04 AM / CBS News

President Trump's daughter and senior aide Ivanka Trump is involved in the White House's outreach to members of Congress, a White House official told CBS News. Her outreach, the official said, is a part of the White House office of legislative affairs' efforts to engage members of Congress in talks about gun policy.
    Ivanka Trump "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams," a White House official said. Axios first reported Ivanka Trump's involvement.
    The president's elder daughter was the first in the Trump family to declare the shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, acts of "terror." And she has voiced support for "red flag" laws, which would allow law enforcement to take weapons from Americans deemed to be a risk to themselves or others.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ivanka-...on-gun-reform/

Related

Donald Trump carried out Syria missile strike ‘after being convinced by daughter Ivanka’

Trump says Ivanka would be hard to beat for president

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don Jr. is winning:

Trump's public mention of background checks is vanishing

President Donald Trump on Sunday emphasized a need for the country to focus on "a very big mental health problem" in the wake of two mass shootings in one weekend that left 32 people dead earlier this month as he appeared to defend current US gun control measures, stating "we do have a lot of background checks right now.""It's the people that pull the trigger, not the gun that pulls the trigger so we have a very, very big mental health problem and Congress is working on various things and I will be looking at it," Trump told reporters on the tarmac before heading back to Washington after a vacation at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.
    The White House, Trump said, is "very much involved" in the discussions Congress is having to address gun violence and while "a lot of things are happening on the gun level" he said "the concept of mental institutions" must be addressed.

"These are people that have to be in institutions for help, I'm not talking about as a form of a prison, I'm saying for help and I think it's something we have to really look at, the whole concept of mental institutions," he said. "I remember growing up we had mental institutions, then they were closed -- in New York, I'm talking about -- they were, many of them closed. A lot of them were closed and all of those people were put out on the street."
    "So I think the concept of mental institutions has to be looked at," he said.

Trump's comments Sunday mark an increased focus from the President on mental health measures over gun control legislation to address gun violence as lawmakers remain skeptical gun control legislation could pass a divided Congress.

More at: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/18/polit...rol/index.html

If Trump was ever really considering gun control in the first place.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Don Jr. is winning..

What if all of this was a setup to make Don Jr. the hero to get him ready for 2024?
    Are you just repeating what I said in one post above?

I'm changing my mind now, Jr keeps losing to more talented Ivanka everytime , real influencer and winner Ivanka Trump should be on 2024 ticket. GOP extremist conservative Roy Moore's defeat in AL, Syria bombing against Assad's chemical weapons, abortion, DACA, LGBTQ equality, Prison Refoms/Felon voting rights, rapper Rocky A$AP relaese in Sweden, bump stock ban, latest Red Flag laws.. to name a few of her recent wins. Can you cite a single example where Jr beat her in influencing MAGA?

Added 'bump stock ban' to the list of Ivanka wins.

Trump Bump Stock Ban: Now What?
    December 21, 2018
    Pressure the Trump Administration and the POTUS Himself to reverse position on the Bump Stock Ban

While this may seem a bit simplistic and sophomoric, we have seen how President Trump will respond to social media and/or groundswells of public opinion. One million Gun Owners tweeting “Reverse the Trump Bump Stock Ban!” would certainly get noticed.

Many in the gun community have hoped that Donald Trump, Jr., a professed gun rights supporter who has received great adulation from the gun community, would be an ally since it has become obvious that his father isn’t as pro-gun as many had hoped he had become

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Are you just repeating what I said in one post above?

I'm changing my mind now, Jr keeps losing to more talented Ivanka everytime , real influencer and winner Ivanka Trump should be on 2024 ticket. GOP extremist conservative Roy Moore's defeat in AL, Syria bombing against Assad's chemical weapons, abortion, DACA, LGBTQ equality, Prison Refoms/Felon voting rights, rapper Rocky A$AP relaese in Sweden, bump stock ban, latest Red Flag laws.. to name a few of her recent wins. Can you cite a single example where Jr beat her in influencing MAGA?

Added 'bump stock ban' to the list of Ivanka wins.

Trump Bump Stock Ban: Now What?
    December 21, 2018
    The bumpstock ban is old news Don Jr. is winning this time.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The bumpstock ban is old news Don Jr. is winning this time.
    No it isn't.
    "The Patriarch"

Ivanka needs to stop supporting gun control though I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

More like "I am apt to lose re-election if I keep this $#@! up" is winning.

But it remains to be seen if it is still winning months from now - or weeks from now - or even just days from now.

And if he does make it past the 2020 election, all bets are off ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I refer to Trump as a "half-assed" gun-grabber because I suspect he'd be willing to go a lot further than he has so far - but he's just too chicken$#@! to try it because it would probably alienate so many of his supporters. In fact, after and if he is reelected, I won't be the least bit surprised if that's what happens. It might not happen. He strikes me as a narcissist who's more likely to be concerned with fostering a "legacy" of having left office while still being adored and venerated by his supporters than with any of his gun-grabby impulses (or anything else, for that matter). But if it does happen, I won't be at all shocked - nor should anyone else be.

If Trump was ever really considering gun control in the first place.
    Of course he's considered it: "take the guns first," bump stocks, opposing court challenges to accessory regulations, "red flag" laws, etc. Only the most ridiculously grotesque of Trumpsplanations can even begin to attempt to account for those things while simultaneously trying to maintain that Trump is not a liability to gun rights (let alone that he is a defender of them).

Why is it so hard to just accept that Trump is a waffling, half-assed gun grabber?
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem if they just said, "Yeah, Trump is a half-assed gun-grabber and that really kinda sucks. But at least he's not going nearly as far as his previous rhetoric suggests he'd be willing to go, so 'small blessings' and all that. We just gotta take the bad with the good, suck it up, make sure Trump is crystal-clear on our vehement disapproval, and increase our support for GOA and all the other folks who are working so hard to defend our rights."
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-19-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Gun Control IS Gun Violence.

Always has been and always will be. Criminals will never give up their guns, and the only thing that Gun Control Laws do is disables the honest gun owners ability to own a gun.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ivanka-Tlaib 2024

Wrong on some issues or perhaps on many issues, but does that really matter in bigger scheme?
    Both are women, both are semites and such a ticket could right the wrong of over 200 years of male-only presidencies and fight global anti-semitism at the same time. Presidents don't make all the key policies anyway but optics of such a ticket would radically improve our image as a gender neutral diverse society. This could open the door for real change in future also and we may see women to head Deep State down the road. That would be progress and truly push America into 21st centruty.

Related

Trump says Ivanka would be hard to beat for president

She just needs a better husband.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

If someone is making criminal threats, why can't they just be arrested under current law? Why are the red flag laws needed if there's an actual threat?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I wonder what trump we see when there's no election to be won? What does lame duck trump look like?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    If someone is making criminal threats, why can't they just be arrested under current law?
    Because law makers gonna make laws.

If they don't constantly find excuses for making new ones, then they can't "justify" the continued existence of their jobs.

(Recall that one of the most common dismissals meant to ridicule Ron Paul was to point out that he didn't get any laws passed ...)

Why are the red flag laws needed if there's an actual threat?
    Whether the laws they concoct are actually "needed" or not is irrelevant. They are law makers. They make laws. That is their job.

In this case, though - as is the case with pretty much all gun-control legislation - such laws are "needed" in order to protect the law makers from the people upon whom they impose the never-ending cavalcade of other laws they concoct ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-21-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    She just needs a better husband.
    That crosses the line.

Not as extreme as some critics who during 2016 election season had floated anti-semitic theories claiming that both Hillary and MAGA encouraged their daughters marriages to Jewish son-in-laws because both had Presidential ambitions and wanted to court 'Jewish money'.
    But still it's not cool.

Related

President Trump praises Sr White House advisors: 'Few work harder' than Ivanka, Jared

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    That crosses the line.

Not as extreme as some critics who during 2016 election season had floated anti-semitic theories claiming that both Hillary and MAGA encouraged their daughters marriages to Jewish son-in-laws because both had Presidential ambitions and wanted to court 'Jewish money'.
    But still it's not cool.

Related

President Trump praises Sr White House advisors: 'Few work harder' than Ivanka, Jared
    I just want her freed up for remarriage. It has nothing to do with Judaism.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If someone is making criminal threats, why can't they just be arrested under current law? Why are the red flag laws needed if there's an actual threat?
    Because they need a mechanism that doesn't require due process.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Trump is protecting the 2nd amendment by abolishing it, you widgeouts just don't get
    3D Chess.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Because they need a mechanism that doesn't require due process.
    I asked my state senator about due process since she happens to be sponsoring the red flag bill in Michigan. I give her credit for actually engaging with constituents on facebook. But she moves the goalposts by saying they're necessary to prevent suicide rather than mass shootings. She also acknowledges the potential for abuse. So why did she sponsor a bill with so many issues as written?

https://www.facebook.com/mcmorrowfor...29538864061336
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3