Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 billion

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    lol the left is unhinged

When the Left stops being able to use their big-boy words...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm paying attention. Y'all are doing exactly what I said you'd do earlier in the thread. The manufacturing of Elon as a new cult figure for the right. It's kind of boring to watch a movie when you already know the ending.
    LOL
    That's why I keep posting things that cast doubt on his sincerity.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Twitter has dissolved its Trust & Safety Council. - statement

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/...62250245058560

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

@Occam's Banana

Elon, Kash & I looked through court filings for our upcoming @KashsCorner
    that show that Perkins Coie acting on Twitter's behalf as recently as Dec 6, and in multiple cases. I'm concerned someone has misled you. The episode w/ examples will run on @EpochTVus
    8pm ET Friday.

https://twitter.com/JanJekielek/stat...62581166563328

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's still a caste system:

"The Press" get yellow (golden?) checks.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's still a caste system:

It's got nothing to do with "The Press" in particular.

It just means the account officially represents a "verified" business:

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/ericareport/stat...85534522183680
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    It's got nothing to do with "The Press" in particular.

It just means the account officially represents a "verified" business:

Still a caste system.
    All were to be given the opportunity to verify their identity and play on a level playing field, or that's what we were promised.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Still a caste system.
    LOL OK

I had no idea you were such an egalitarian.

All were to be given the opportunity to verify their identity and play on a level playing field, or that's what we were promised.
    And all have been given that opportunity, exactly as promised: https://twitter.com/i/twitter_blue_sign_up

LOL OK

I had no idea you were such an egalitarian.

And all have been given that opportunity, exactly as promised: https://twitter.com/i/twitter_blue_sign_up
    No they are still marked as lesser beings by having a different color.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why are you promoting corporate personhood? I think corporations and people are different things, and should be differentiated. Otherwise corporations start getting constitutional rights, and take the blame for crimes that the individuals employed by them should be prosecuted for.

Just because the checkmarks are piss yellow doesn't mean these corporations are being promoted above humans by Twitter. It's your beloved Republicans who do that. I think yellow is a good color for them. Caution: Corporate Propaganda Committee
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-15-2022 at 09:03 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You are not being a serious person.

(What color is the chip on your shoulder?)

Just because it's not possible to take him seriously doesn't mean he's not as serious as a jabbed person's cardiac coincidence.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/ericareport/stat...85534522183680
    That is hilarious.

So, we're going "fine tooth comb" the citizenship application of the wealthiest man on earth, an African American mind you, while at the same time continue to turn a blind eye to the millions of invaders storming the border every year, and being shipped all over the nation, with no more "paperwork" than stained $#@! tissue.

LOL, this country is so $#@!ed.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That is hilarious.

So, we're going "fine tooth comb" the citizenship application of the wealthiest man on earth, an African American mind you, while at the same time continue to turn a blind eye to the millions of invaders storming the border every year, and being shipped all over the nation, with no more "paperwork" than stained $#@! tissue.

LOL, this country is so $#@!ed.
    Great point!
    Elon should go into Mexico and cross over the border.

@Swordsmyth

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Why are you promoting corporate personhood? I think corporations and people are different things, and should be differentiated. Otherwise corporations start getting constitutional rights, and take the blame for crimes that the individuals employed by them should be prosecuted for.

Just because the checkmarks are piss yellow doesn't mean these corporations are being promoted above humans by Twitter. It's your beloved Republicans who do that. I think yellow is a good color for them. Caution: Corporate Propaganda Committee
    Get lost with that nonsense.
    Twitter is not the government so any debate about corporate personhood is irrelevant.
    The owners and employees of the corporations are being given a special status which WILL be treated as "more official" and superior by idiots everywhere.
    Your insulting interpretation is not the one that will be used.
    Musk gave the former Star Belly Sneetches a new star with more points when he gave the regular Sneetches stars.
    Musk is the con man with the star machine but at least in the story everything got so mixed up that nobody could tell who was "special" and who was not.
    Musk the con man will walk away with everyone's $8.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    @Swordsmyth

That ping failed somehow.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are not dealing with reality.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Musk Offloads $3.6 Billion In Tesla Shares

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-tesla-shares/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Get lost with that nonsense.
    Twitter is not the government so any debate about corporate personhood is irrelevant.
    No, it isn't. People were setting up troll accounts under the name of corporations. The whole purpose of verification is so users can know who's talking. So, you can refuse verification to these individuals or those individuals, which is what Twitter was doing before, and which did create the very sort of caste system you're whining and sniveling about. Or you can differentiate between people and organizations.

As for whether some of the sneetches worship corporations and others sneer at corporations, that's not Twitter's problem, and it's not their responsibility to try to hide the facts from us because of how some people react. It's just the facts.

The owners and employees of the corporations are being given a special status which WILL be treated as "more official" and superior by idiots everywhere.
    Your insulting interpretation is not the one that will be used.
    My insulting interpretation? I'm the one saying present the facts and be done. You're the one insulting people, and suggesting that the information that certain accounts don't belong to people, but serve as corporate mouthpieces be withheld in order to manipulate them. You're more prone to arrogantly play nanny than the most rabid totalitarian prog.

Your attempts to smear Musk are mostly misguided, and reek of desperation. Stick to your spamming.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-16-2022 at 05:46 AM.

No, it isn't. People were setting up troll accounts under the name of corporations. The whole purpose of verification is so users can know who's talking. So, you can refuse verification to these individuals or those individuals, which is what Twitter was doing before, and which did create the very sort of caste system you're whining and sniveling about. Or you can differentiate between people and organizations.
    OR you can only allow the verified identity to be used by the verified account.
    You want a joke account then go make an unverified one.

As for whether some of the sneetches worship corporations and others sneer at corporations, that's not Twitter's problem, and it's not their responsibility to try to hide the facts from us because of how some people react. It's just the facts.
    It's not required or good to reinforce the failings of the common man and it is breaking his promise.

My insulting interpretation? I'm the one saying present the facts and be done. You're the one insulting people, and suggesting that the information that certain accounts don't belong to people, but serve as corporate mouthpieces be withheld in order to manipulate.

Stick to your spamming.
    You interpreted the yellow badges as urine yellow to insult them and that is clearly what I was talking about, it's not my fault you couldn't comprehend it.

Sure, says the guy who has had to be ordered by the mods to stop insulting people over and over again.

Just who do you know that sees an account for CBS and thinks it is a person and not a corporation because of the color of its badge?
    Nobody is that stupid and you are grasping at straws.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are not dealing with reality.
    If what you call "reality" is a place in which the kind of thing that was once known as "the Yellow Pages" is now some kind of nefarious Seussian plot, then I guess I'm not.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-16-2022 at 08:31 AM.

OR you can only allow the verified identity to be used by the verified account.
    Which means you eliminate the use of names that aren't on your driver's license. No handles. No anonymity. No small business names for entrepreneurs. Or you start telling people what names they can't use. You want the handle Ray Theon? Can't have it. Some idiot might get confused. We have to idiotproof America.

Differentiating groups from individuals is the simplest solution, the easiest for even idiots to understand, and the one least restrictive to free speech. As for your sneetch analogy, it's wrong, a tale told by an idiot. One sneetch can't get a yellow checkmark. Only an organization can.

Just who do you know that sees an account for CBS and thinks it is a person and not a corporation because of the color of its badge?
    Nobody is that stupid and you are grasping at straws.
    Um, dude. Hello? Individuals who had nothing to do with corporations were setting up accounts with the names of those corporations for satirical purposes. Not even smart people could tell the difference. I'm not saying your "solution" of censoring parody accounts wouldn't work. I'm saying your "solution" to the problem sucks ass.

I'd rather have yellow pages, like Occam said, than meddling martinets censoring people who want to engage in a little satire over deluded fears of some Seussian nightmare. Twitter tried hiring meddling martinets, and got a bunch of progs answering to the FBI. No checkmark for you, you're a conservative voice. Some sneetch might pay as much attention to you as George Takei. You may approve of that sort of thing, but I don't. Get over it. The corporate checkmark is not subject to interpretation. KISS. Keep it simple...

Sure, says the guy who has had to be ordered by the mods to stop insulting people over and over again.
    Woody Guthrie was once complaining about plagiarism, and got called out about it, because he did folk music. He replied, "He just steals from me, but I steal from everybody."

I just insult you, and I do it because you insult everybody. And no matter how much you complain about others doing it, you just never stop doing it yourself.

...it's not my fault you couldn't comprehend it.
    I don't reject your pleas for tyrannical solutions to every little problem because I'm too stupid to grasp them. Sorry to burst your bubble. I reject them because I'm not the right wing equivalent of a meddling, arrogant prog whose only problem with the immoral things progs do is it isn't him doing them.

You interpreted the yellow badges as urine yellow to insult them and that is clearly what I was talking about, it's not my fault you couldn't comprehend it.
    No, you were clearly calling them gold.

You say gold, I say golden shower. It isn't my fault if you have the megalomaniacal thought that anyone who rejects your interpretation in favor of their own couldn't possibly have comprehended you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-16-2022 at 07:06 AM.

Which means you eliminate the use of names that aren't on your driver's license. No handles. No anonymity. No small business names for entrepreneurs. Or you start telling people what names they can't use. You want the handle Ray Theon? Can't have it. Some idiot might get confused. We have to idiotproof America.
    That's right, just ignore where I said nonverified accounts could do as they wish.
    Why does an anonymous handle or a parody need verification?

Differentiating groups from individuals is the simplest solution, the easiest for even idiots to understand, and the one least restrictive to free speech. As for your sneetch analogy, it's wrong, a tale told by an idiot. One sneetch can't get a yellow checkmark. Only an organization can.
    No, the simplest solution is that accounts with verifiable identities use those identities if they want verification and those that don't don't.

Um, dude. Hello? Individuals who had nothing to do with corporations were setting up accounts with the names of those corporations for satirical purposes. Not even smart people could tell the difference. I'm not saying your "solution" of censoring parody accounts wouldn't work. I'm saying your "solution" to the problem sucks ass.
    No, that's irrelevant, verified accounts would not be able to change the name by their check and accounts that could change the name would not have any check.
    A CBS account with a check would be CBS, a CBS account with no check would be a parody.
    It's literally what the check was invented for but some nitwit at twitter decided to let verified accounts change their names so they looked to be verified as someone else.

I'd rather have yellow pages, like Occam said, than meddling martinets censoring people who want to engage in a little satire over deluded fears of some Seussian nightmare. Twitter tried hiring meddling martinets, and got a bunch of progs answering to the FBI. No checkmark for you, you're a conservative voice. Some sneetch might pay as much attention to you as George Takei. You may approve of that sort of thing, but I don't. Get over it. The corporate checkmark is not subject to interpretation. KISS. Keep it simple...
    You overestimate the intelligence of the average Twitterer, their tiny brains will look and say "OOOH! SPECIAL COLOR. More special than the others".

Woody Guthrie was once complaining about plagiarism, and got called out about it, because he did folk music. He replied, "He just steals from me, but I steal from everybody."

I just insult you, and I do it because you insult everybody. And no matter how much you complain about others doing it, you just never stop doing it yourself.
    No, you have always insulted more people than me, I don't throw nearly as many insults now that the mods have cracked down on everyone, you making things up and pronouncing them doesn't make them true.

I don't reject your pleas for tyrannical solutions to every little problem because I'm too stupid to grasp them. Sorry to burst your bubble. I reject them because I'm not the right wing equivalent of a meddling, arrogant prog whose only problem with the immoral things progs do is it isn't him doing them.
    Are you purposely making a hash out of the conversation? I said you failed to comprehend that what was refered to as an insulting interpretation was you calling the yellow check urine colored, it had nothing to do with any solution.

No, you were clearly calling them gold.
    You are shredding the logic of the conversation on purpose.
    Nobody has yet said anything about my interpretation, it was your insulting interpretation I said nobody would use.

You say gold, I say golden shower. It isn't my fault if you have the megalomaniacal thought that anyone who rejects your interpretation in favor of their own couldn't possibly have comprehended you.
    And you are doing it again.
    My whole point was that you rejected my interpretation and chose an insulting one, that had nothing to do with not comprehending something until you didn't (or pretended not to ) comprehend my reference to your insulting solution which was clearly what I was talking about.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's right, just ignore where I said nonverified accounts could do as they wish.
    Why does an anonymous handle or a parody need verification?
    Who was it that started all the whining about idiots being impressed and swayed by checkmarks, again? Who was in a lather about how many stars the sneetches wear, and what color they are?

That ping failed somehow.
    I didn't use tags, I'm not sure what the mention tags are for RPF.

Last edited by acptulsa; 12-16-2022 at 11:22 AM.

The @ClaytonB is sufficient. It was probably the color and size brackets that befuddled the system.

The color is automatic if you do it right, and a bigger size doesn't get the software's attention any sooner. What do you need checkmarks for, plebe? Stay in your lane.

Cue some humorless person accusing me of rudeness in 3... 2...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-16-2022 at 09:40 AM.

The @ClaytonB is sufficient. It was probably the color and size brackets that befuddled the system

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast