Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump endorses Mehmet Oz in PA senate race

I don't see the controversy over Trump’s endorsement, unless someone is a McCormick supporter.

Trump doesn’t have any principles when it comes to endorsements. It’s all about who he thinks is on his side that day. It’s about what people have told him. It’s about his personal relationship, if any, with the candidate.

The history that no one discusses is that establishment Bushie neocons have been pushing McCormick on Trump for a long time. So much so that Trump offered McCormick jobs in his Administration and McCormick turned him down. Mattis brought him on later, but Trump fired him.

The personal history makes McCormick an enemy of Trumps. Trump probably likes that he was a hedge fund manager, but it’s the personal interactions that matter.

Oz is a fellow celebrity, Trump has a decent relationship with him, and Oz was probably pushed by Hannity. The biggest motivation would be that he is running against McCormick.

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-12-2022 at 09:20 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This has to be his worst endorsement yet and I don't understand it.

Oz is the worst candidate in the race.
    I do. Trump's personal feelings are sometimes more important than principles. We see this in other endorsements including dropping his support for Mo Brooks.

Trump was necessary for the time, but we need someone who is more Trumpian than Trump.

Otherwise we get Hollywood liberal grifters like Oz.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think his support of "transitioning" small children is just a bit worse, don't you?
    Worse than red flag laws? Nope. If they come for my grandkids (whenever I have some) I want to be well armed.

Trump took the wind out of the left's sails about red flag laws with his lip service and I didn't support that strategy at the time. (or now)
    Bwwwaaaahhhaaa! No he didn't. He put red flag laws on the map. Even Rand Paul got caught up in that nonsense. That would be like saying "Dr. Oz supported transitioning little children to take the wind out of the left's sails about transitioning little children." That said, I'm glad you had and have the sense not to support that "strategy."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You expect him to remember what happened in 2018? Anything that happened in 2018, much less something that doesn't fit his narrative?
    I guess since an election is approaching we're back to having to endure post-after-post of Swordy's obvious gaslighting and spin-doctoring. It sure was peaceful around here when that handle shut down for the past year.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I guess since an election is approaching we're back to having to endure post-after-post of Swordy's obvious gaslighting and spin-doctoring. It sure was peaceful around here when that handle shut down for the past year.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That's the falsehood you have chosen to believe. The worst thing brought out about Oz is that he supports red flag laws. Donald Trump made those famous.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Lets see... Dr. Oz vs Dr. Fauci.

Dr Oz - Does not support Mandatory Forced Vaccination
    Dr Fauci - Wants Forced Vaccination because he makes money on the sick, so do his constituents.
    Oz will support forced vaccination as soon as he is in office.

Dr Oz on CCP’s brutal lockdowns in Wuhan: “We have to copy what they did"

https://rumble.com/v10qipm-dr-oz-on-...-they-did.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

And Trump tweeted that Georgia didn't lock down hard enough. Your selective outrage is disgusting.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...9-ce4c031b14b7
    ATLANTA — President Donald Trump, once again took Gov. Brian Kemp to task Friday morning over the decision to begin reopening the state's businesses.

"I (or @VP) never gave Governor Brian Kemp an OK on those few businesses outside of the Guidelines," Trump tweeted.

The president insisted that Kemp should "do what is right for the great people of Georgia," in the tweet.

Today is the first day, under Kemp's new guidelines, that salons, spas, gyms, barbershops, tattoo parlors and bowling alleys are able to operate.

During his daily White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing Thursday, Trump said he was not happy with Kemp and the decision to reopen spas, beauty salons, tattoo parlors and bowling alleys as early as Friday.

RELATED: Coronavirus in Georgia | More than 22,000 confirmed cases; nearly 900 deaths

On Wednesday, he said he "strongly" disagreed with Kemp's move.

“I didn’t like to see spas opening, frankly. I didn’t like to see a lot of things happening and I wasn’t happy with it, and I wasn’t happy with Brian Kemp,” Trump said on Thursday. “I could have done something about it if I wanted to. But I’m saying let the governors do it, but I wasn’t happy with Brian Kemp."

Trump went on to say that he wants the people to be safe.

"I want people to be safe and I want the people of Georgia to be safe. I don’t want this thing to flare up because you decided to do something that is not in the guidelines.”

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    I do. Trump's personal feelings are sometimes more important than principles. We see this in other endorsements including dropping his support for Mo Brooks.
    LOL! I avoid watching "da news" (so much propaganda) so I missed this even though I live in Alabama now. The stupid January 6th protesters were just Trump toilet paper. Gotta love it!

Trump was necessary for the time, but we need someone who is more Trumpian than Trump.
    Rand Paul was in the race. He was leading at one point. Trump sucked all of the air out of the room. We don't need someone more "Trumpian than Trump." We need someone more "Ronian than Rand."

Well Dr. Oz discovered the Trump secret formula. Live all of your life as a democrat, get famous on TV, then at the last minute give lip service to whatever is the biggest GOP issue of the day. For Trump it was "build the wall" (which at first he wasn't even going to build until Sean Hannity had a cow after Nancy Pelosi did a victory dance over stopping it.) For Oz it's "stop the mandates." People like @Swordsmyth and @dannno forget that Trump said BEFORE running for president that he supported an assault weapons ban. Then when Trump made pro gun control statements, rather than figuring out the obvious, that Trump was just going back to his roots, they defended actions like that as "4D chess." Yeah, it's 4D chess alright. It's just unclear which team the chess moves were meant to fool! I get the @Anti Federalist argument that "I know this is a shyt sandwich....but if we don't eat it we get a cyanide sandwich." Trump was easily better than Hillary who openly wanted World War III and arguably better than Biden who, let's face it, doesn't even seem to be there. And Oz, if he gets the GOP nomination, will arguably be better than whoever the democrats nominate because at least he has to PRETEND to be anti authoritarian to keep his base. But during the PRIMARY, at the very least, we should be fighting for the best candidate. Folks jumped ship in 2016 and supported Trump during the PRIMARY and some while Rand was still in the race. Inexcusable.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-13-2022 at 05:47 AM.

we need someone who is more Trumpian than Trump.

Otherwise we get Hollywood liberal grifters

Take a minute to enjoy the irony of this post.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

we need someone who is more Trumpian than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    LOL. Yep. Stockholm syndrome on display.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We've gone from...

...to, "I'm not a conservative but I play one on TV."
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Rand Paul was in the race. He was leading at one point. Trump sucked all of the air out of the room. We don't need someone more "Trumpian than Trump." We need someone more "Ronian than Rand."
    Rand was never getting elected. Sorry.

I'll happily take someone more Ronian than Rand. Let me know when you find one.

Sorry you're right. Trump is beloved by the Hollywood liberal crowd. They agree with him on most issues. What was I thinking.

Sorry you're right. Trump is beloved by the Hollywood liberal crowd. They agree with him on most issues. What was I thinking.
    If Oz gets elected, you'll see them turn on him because of the R after his name the same as they did Trump. It's like professional wrestling. It doesn't mean that they're not Hollywood liberal grifters.

Honestly, of all the endorsements Trump has ever given since becoming a Republican, I can't think of a single one that makes as much sense as his endorsement of Oz. After all the times he had to hold back vomit when he played along with the role he'd taken on and endorsed conservatives that he had nothing in common with, at last he has the chance to endorse someone who's so much like himself.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 04-13-2022 at 09:01 AM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

They do agree with him on most issues--now that he's out.

Being just as hypocritical is not the way to beat them.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-13-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Another piece of evidence that Trump isn't going to seek reelection. What sane person seeking the presidency would want to endorse someone who not only supports Wuhan's brutal lockdowns and saying we have to copy it here, but also someone who has direct ties to the WEF?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Another piece of evidence that Trump isn't going to seek reelection. What sane person seeking the presidency would want to endorse someone who not only supports Wuhan's brutal lockdowns and saying we have to copy it here, but also someone who has direct ties to the WEF?
    I don't follow your logic.

Aren't those precisely the kinds of things that people who are seriously seeking the presidency always do?
    Ron Paul

Aren't those precisely the kinds of things that people who are seriously seeking the presidency always do?
    If they don't do those things, first Fox, then rank and file Republicans just shrug and say...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'll happily take someone more Ronian than Rand. Let me know when you find one.
    If I understand the running theme of your posts correctly, you will also happily take someone less Ronian than Rand. Much less.
    Ron Paul

Will have to watch. Thanks!

---

Edit: Watched.

Yep. Not voting for Dr Oz either.

No Dr Oz, Lockdowns do not help. Copying China does not help. Do no harm, both Oz and Fauci, Do no harm.

I was gonna say "lesser of two evils", but this is not that, this is the Illusion of Choice. Either way we will find ourselves in more Medical Tyranny "to save us".

---

What this is really starting to seem like is Munchhausen Syndrome By Proxy. Munchhausen Syndrome (not by proxy) seems to be a characteristic of Victim Sociopaths. By Proxy means they feed off of hurting someone else then playing the hero.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 04-13-2022 at 09:59 AM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

That's just one more reason it makes perfect sense for Trump to endorse him. When Dr. Oz was saying that, Trump was singing the same tune, as codified in this U.S. Government COVID-19 Response Plan that his administration put out.
    Ron Paul

What's hard to understand? Ever since Trump left office he's been doing stuff that's causing his base to jump ship, like supporting the unsafe and ineffective vaccines. He's actively ruining his reputation so that he doesn't have to run again. If he really wanted to be president again he'd be expanding his voter base instead of turning them away.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    What's hard to understand? Ever since Trump left office he's been doing stuff that's causing his base to jump ship, like supporting the unsafe and ineffective vaccines. He's actively ruining his reputation so that he doesn't have to run again. If he really wanted to be president again he'd be expanding his voter base instead of turning them away.
    Trump knows what side his bread is buttered on. When push comes to shove, the support he needs most is not from redneck ex-cons screaming profanity at NASCAR races. It's the WEF types and their allies.

In fact, I would take your question and turn it on his head. Why would Trump endorse Dr. Oz unless he *does* intend to run for president again?

And you know what? The thing about Trump's base is, they're still not really jumping ship. Most of them don't care one bit about his support for vaccines, just like they never cared about his support for single-payer healthcare, red flag laws, men using women's bathrooms, Drag Queen Story Hour, the COVID lockdowns, massive stimulus spending, massive spending on everything else, increased use of ethanol in gasoline, or anything else. He has been able to take their support for granted to this point, and there's no reason he should have to worry about losing them now. And, by the way, most of them LOVE Dr. Oz. Don't believe me? Just give Sean Hannity a listen and see what you hear.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 04-13-2022 at 10:33 AM.
    Ron Paul

We've gone from...

...to, "I'm not a conservative but I play one on TV."
    Bush Sr. was Vice President back then.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump Had Every Reason to Endorse Dr. Oz
    When you get a handful of lemons like we have with the Republican primary in Pennsylvania, you make lemonade. And Trump is making sweet lemonade out of them.
    By Ned Ryun - April 12, 2022

The reaction by some to Donald Trump’s endorsement of Dr. Mehmet Oz in the U.S. Senate race in Pennsylvania seems a bit over the top. I mean, I get it on some levels: Oz isn’t great on the issues, isn’t a conservative rockstar (as if Pennsylvania produces any), and is an unknown commodity in electoral politics (see Trump, Donald J., circa 2015). But everyone needs to take a deep breath and understand that Oz is 10 times better than former hedgefund CEO Dave McCormick. And in Trump’s mind, maybe 50 times better.

If you’re Trump, you have political capital. The man has clout with the base and given the numbers he’s seen, he can be the kingmaker in U.S. Senate races in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Arizona, and Missouri. There are no credible MAGA candidates in the Pennsylvania Senate race; this isn’t a potential Jim DeMint versus Oz situation, so Trump really has two choices: Oz or McCormick.
    Now consider Trump’s view of Oz. In 2016, when pundits and the press were questioning Trump’s health and ability to serve as president, Oz had him on his TV show and vouched forcefully for Trump’s good health. Even when Oz was baited by the leftist press to attack Trump, he refused. That kind of loyalty goes a long way with Trump.

Now look at McCormick. He’s spent decades being very consistent on a whole host of fronts, and not in a good way. Let’s start with his pro-China stance. As the president and later CEO of Bridgewater, McCormick loved doing business with China. He was there for over a dozen years and in case you didn’t know, Bridgewater has been managing Chinese state money since 1993, including Beijing’s sovereign wealth fund. In short, Bridgewater is in bed with the Chinese Communist Party. Under McCormick’s leadership, Bridgewater didn’t shy away from doing business with the Chinese Communists. In fact, McCormick expanded Bridgewater’s business in China, even helping raise over $1 billion for a private fund in China as late as November 2021.

Beyond China, McCormick is your typical open borders, pro-amnesty, Chamber of Commerce type of Republican. He’s also the typical neocon who hasn’t seen a war he doesn’t like. Even worse, he’s bought into the lie of January 6. When asked about it by Bloomberg weeks after the incident, in the context of whether the GOP should jettison Trumpism, McCormick replied, “We shouldn’t embrace the divisiveness of the last four years” of which “Trump bears a great responsibility.” Evidently, McCormick missed the divisiveness caused by the Russian collusion hoax, Ukrainian quid pro quo, and a host of other nonstop attacks by administrative state actors and corporate propagandists.

Throw on top of the crap cake that is McCormick the icing of his new wife, globalist Dina Powell, and you’re telling me Trump isn’t going to endorse his opponent? Come on. Of course Trump is going to endorse Oz.
    More: https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/12/t...endorse-dr-oz/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Laura Ingraham Calls Out Trump’s Endorsement Of Dr. Oz As A ‘Mistake’

Note: Kellyanne Conway supports Dave McCormick. Watch till the end, Ingraham tries to cut her off when she starts promoting McCormick.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-13-2022 at 06:03 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Go to the 31:25 mark to see an interview with Dr. Oz:

https://rumble.com/v10oc7s-hannity-4...l-11-2022.html

If Oz gets elected, you'll see them turn on him because of the R after his name the same as they did Trump. It's like professional wrestling. It doesn't mean that they're not Hollywood liberal grifters.
    True. The left is notorious for having it out for Republicans like Senator Murkowski and Senator Romney. I don't see why they would treat Oz any better.

Honestly, of all the endorsements Trump has ever given since becoming a Republican, I can't think of a single one that makes as much sense as his endorsement of Oz. After all the times he had to hold back vomit when he played along with the role he'd taken on and endorsed conservatives that he had nothing in common with, at last he has the chance to endorse someone who's so much like himself.
    Nailed it. Oz is a hardliner on immigration, trade and is legendary for his trolling and demonizing of the media. He is like Trump in every conceivable way.

They do agree with him on most issues--now that he's out.
    Right. We have infinite amount of examples to prove this.

If I understand the running theme of your posts correctly, you will also happily take someone less Ronian than Rand. Much less.
    Yes, I will take someone less Ronian than Rand. I don't live in libertarian fantasy land where Ron Paul clones are electable at anything other than a local level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast