Thread: Immigration: Alex Nowrasteh vs. Tucker Carlson

Immigration: Alex Nowrasteh vs. Tucker Carlson

Who won?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As I remember the ping pong debate... from watching last night...
    I think the winning point was in Tucker's favor
    and not successfully countered by the CATO dude/lobbyist
    that:
    the 'average' immigrant 'family' of 5,6,7 etc. was low income and
    (because of welfare/entitlements) was a 'net drain' on economy.
    He never really conceded the issue
    but 'jumped' at the chance to 'agree' that 'no welfare' was the best answer.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    As I remember the ping pong debate... from watching last night...
    I think the winning point was in Tucker's favor
    and not successfully countered by the CATO dude/lobbyist
    that:
    the 'average' immigrant 'family' of 5,6,7 etc. was low income and
    (because of welfare/entitlements) was a 'net drain' on economy.
    He never really conceded the issue
    but 'jumped' at the chance to 'agree' that 'no welfare' was the best answer.
    That's true. Although I wouldn't say it was the clincher, it was Nowrasteh's toughest point to counter. He essentially said that all immigrants come in low income, but their kids end up with good jobs and paying in more than they take. That still doesn't comfort people who think something. must. be. done. now.

I was a little surprised at how aghast Carlson was at some of the data points. For about the first 2/3 of the interview, it was like he'd never heard a pro-immigration argument before. He just kind of changed the subject when it was presented that Mexicans were third in quantity behind Chinese and Indian immigrants. Tucker eventually wore down Nowrasteh's patience by talking over him.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

The CATO stooge wants to keep the borders open so the Koch Bros have cheap labor to exploit. Happy to see him get cucked by Tuck!

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    The CATO stooge wants to keep the borders open so the Koch Bros have cheap labor to exploit. Happy to see him get cucked by Tuck!
    I don't know of a business that doesn't strive to keep labor costs low.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    I don't know of a business that doesn't strive to keep labor costs low.
    I know Koch Bros are very adept businessmen. I just like when their paid-off hacks spread propaganda on national TV, that's all.