Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1237

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Except you're defining Muslim and Christian in such a way that most people who call themselves Muslims or Christians aren't, by your definition.

So, someone walks into your office and says "I'm a Christian" you still have to determine what that means to them, right?
    If you want to give ir/semireligious muslims a "fair shake" then they should be required to renounce Sharia law etc.

....and by the way (should have mentioned this earlier),

"but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

...?
    It is NOT a religious test, it is a "protect and defend" test, if there was a muslim sect that declared that the state should not enforce it's beliefs then there would not be a reason to refuse to let them take office.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    So, can we put Zippy, Rev3, and the Flu down for Doug Jones?
    As a Christian, I was blessed to learn that Jesus came into the world to tell me to have dirty hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If you want to give ir/semireligious muslims a "fair shake" then they should be required to renounce Sharia law etc.
    And Christians will be required to renounce the various unconstitutional beliefs that many Christians have/do hold?

It is NOT a religious test, it is a "protect and defend" test, if there was a muslim sect that declared that the state should not enforce it's beliefs then there would not be a reason to refuse to let them take office.
    Isn't that impossible by definition, i.e. by you definition of Muslim?

And Christians will be required to renounce the various unconstitutional beliefs that many Christians have/do hold?
    If their sect holds it as doctrine that government should do those things then it would be a good idea.

Isn't that impossible by definition, i.e. by you definition of Muslim?
    I do not know of the existence of such a sect but it would be perfectly possible for some group to claim divine inspiration altering the teachings of mohammad and create one.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If their sect holds it as doctrine that government should do those things then it would be a good idea.
    I would bet you that the vast majority of self-ascribed Christians could not state clearly what sect they belong to and what its dogma is.

Likewise for the vast majority of Muslims.

To figure out what you want to know, you're going to have to interview them, not just rely on their (vague to non-existent) self-identification.

I do not know of the existence of such a sect but it would be perfectly possible for some group to claim divine inspiration altering the teachings of mohammad and create one.
    Now I'm confused...

Every self-ascribed Muslims wants the state to enforce Shariah, or every "true Muslim" as you define it does (tautologically)?

I would bet you that the vast majority of self-ascribed Christians could not state clearly what sect they belong to and what its dogma is.

Likewise for the vast majority of Muslims.

To figure out what you want to know, you're going to have to interview them, not just rely on their (vague to non-existent) self-identification.
    And then any office seekers will lie, the only ones you can rule out are those who openly profess to believe in the teachings of a sect that teaches that government must do things that violate the Constitution.

Now I'm confused...

Every self-ascribed Muslims wants the state to enforce Shariah, or every "true Muslim" as you define it does (tautologically)?
    If you know of a muslim sect that doesn't require Sharia law I would like to hear about it, meanwhile I said that you might need to allow individual muslims to renounce Sharia law and then be allowed to take office.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And then any office seekers will lie, the only ones you can rule out are those who openly profess to believe in the teachings of a sect that teaches that government must do things that violate the Constitution.
    If you're saying that the oath is useless as an actual screening tool and purely a matter of civic ritual, I agree.

If you know of a muslim sect that doesn't require Sharia law I would like to hear about it, meanwhile I said that you might need to allow individual muslims to renounce Sharia law and then be allowed to take office.
    As I said, you're giving them too much credit.

Most Muslims just grew up that way, don't know anything, many have never attended any service as an adult, etc.

Just like with most Americans - "I grew up a Methodist/Catholic/Whatever."

And that's about the extent of their religious knowledge.

Anyway, I'm sure googling "liberal Muslim" or something to that effect you'll find plenty of specific examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    More lies of course. That's the only way christians can justify their idiotic religious texts

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topi...-For-Cleansing

Notice how only two of the verses are from the new testament, you know the book about jesus and stuff. And one of those verses is specifically about NOT WASHING. and then there's the obligatory foot fetishizing from jesus. Imagine if Jesus washed his hands more thoroughly than what the mosaic law prescribed. We would never hear the end of it from Christians who would proclaim that Jesus knew about the importance of cleanliness. Unfortunately that's not true, and we just laugh as you make excuses for the nonsense you believe.

And if christianity was so advanced in sanitation, why were all the Christian european countries the filthiest on the planet for so long? That's why half of everyone in Europe died from the Bubonic plague, because they were disgustingly filthy.

And you know how it's related to Roy Moore? Because the only reason he has any support at all is because of christianity. If that sick religion was dead, roy moore would not have even a single voter.
    I'm trying to decide if you are being serious? You have always seemed like a reasonable person as far as I can remember, so for now I'll go on the assumption that you're just being a bit sloppy.

Jesus isn't explicitly quoted as having endorsed the sanitation laws in the OT as far as I remember, but that is the argument from silence. He repeatedly endorsed the whole Law, and denying that is either ignorant or dishonest. As far as the dirtiness of Europe, you seem to be confusing the Church with biblical Christianity. The Church for a long time denied biblical laws of all sorts as pagan or Jewish, so they went backwards in time on sanitation science, but a quick perusal through the NT shows that biblical Christianity never made such distinctions. One more thing, the link you provided took me to John 13:10
    which is quoted as
    Jesus said to him, "He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you."
    This explains His point of view on bathing/washing; do you wash your hands after a bath?

Re your point about Roy Moore's connection to Christianity, you're right, there are probably an awful lot of people who are only voting for him because of the C by his name, but it's a bit much to say he would get NO support.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    And now he has several pro-Jones/anti-Moore articles at the top of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    https://dougjonesforsenate.com/priorities/

Health care is not a right and private citizens shouldn't be forced to violate their religious beliefs to provide coverage.

Roy Moore is a clown and not very libertarian. Even excluding the fact that he is a child molester, he is bad on numerous economic issues and catastrophically bad on most social issues. All of that said, I would vote for him because the Senate is 52-48. Conceding a vote from a Republican state is really bad when Clarence Thomas, Ginsurg and Kennedy all might retire soon. I am not eager to see a guy who wants single payer health care to win.
    Fact, eh? Prove it. The only "child" that accuses him has a habit of accusing men in power, claims they met at the courthouse where Moore practiced yet is documented as having her custody transferred at a different court (for behavioral problems no less) and has been shown to be generally disreputable. None of the rest were children according to Alabama law...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Given the quantity of law in the United States that is based upon the Christian version of Sharia law, wouldn't that make the vast majority of American Christians ineligible?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Somebody on "This Week" said that real Christians would not vote for Judge Moore...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Somebody on "This Week" said that real Christians would not vote for Judge Moore...
    They are already accepting this is a lost election, and how do they turn it in their favor. There is an article today on Politico stating its better for the democrats if Moore does win, that way they can call every republican in the nation a pedophile.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Fact, eh? Prove it. The only "child" that accuses him has a habit of accusing men in power, claims they met at the courthouse where Moore practiced yet is documented as having her custody transferred at a different court (for behavioral problems no less) and has been shown to be generally disreputable. None of the rest were children according to Alabama law...
    I think he means child according to muh feelz. I believe in the current Amerikan herd that is defined as 18 or 21 or 35 or something.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Jan2017

Moore bumps Jones from top spot in Alabama Senate poll

Embattled Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore is now leading his Democratic rival, Doug Jones, by 4 points, according to a new survey.

A Gravis Marketing poll finds Moore has 49 percent support in the Alabama Senate race, while 45 percent back Jones.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...ma-senate-poll

Doug Jones needs black voters to beat Roy Moore in Alabama. They aren’t there yet.

African-Americans make up about 27 percent of the state's population, and Jones will need them to turn out in droves on Tuesday,
    since he's expected to win just a third of whites, at best.

One campaign mailer in particular has lit up black social media with criticism.
    It's aimed at calling attention to the allegations of sexuality impropriety against Moore, and features a photo of a skeptical looking young black man
    and the text, "Think if a black man went after high school girls, anyone would try to make him a senator?"

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) on Saturday tweeted that he would worry about the safety of Senate pages if Moore served in the chamber with him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...g-them-n827846

Did you know we need to spend Moore money on the military because it's been "gutted"?

...especially the fantastic new Littoral Combat Ship.

The U.S. Navy’s newest class of small surface combatants, the Littoral Combat Ships, come with a few minor flaws. They don’t have the firepower to hit anything more than a few miles away. They’re unlikely to survive being hit by anything in return. They cost more than twice as much as promised, and require 75 percent more crew to operate than planned for. The modular-mission capabilities that were a key selling point had to be abandoned. And they’re breaking down constantly.
    http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the...ch-below-23042

And it'll create jerbs too!

Did you know we need to spend Moore money on the military because it's been "gutted"?

...especially the fantastic new Littoral Combat Ship.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the...ch-below-23042

And it'll create jerbs too!
    And Doug Jones would never vote for Welfare/Warfare spending?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Invoking a popular Republican talking point, Democratic Senate candidate Doug Jones said a strong national defense is "incredibly important" and pointed to the valuable role Alabama plays in that industry.

Jones met last week with officials from the Huntsville-Madison County Chamber of Commerce, responding to their invitation to learn more about the area and its priorities in a town dependent upon federal spending.
    "You have to be smart about how money is spent," Jones said in an interview with AL.com. "The federal budget is very large and it contains many components. But I think in today's world, defense spending is very important, making sure we have a capable and modern military to protect this country is incredibly important. That is the most paramount thing.

"It is also very important for this state, not just the Huntsville area, but Mobile and Anniston, there's any number of areas in this state, that defense spending really boosts this economy. Anything we can do in this state to boost Alabama's economy should be a priority for any United States senator.
    "
    http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/in...ional_def.html
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-10-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Given the quantity of law in the United States that is based upon the Christian version of Sharia law, wouldn't that make the vast majority of American Christians ineligible?
    Nothing in Christianity requires the government to enforce it, if there is a sect of Christians who believe otherwise then they should be required to renounce such belief or be barred from office,.

I already covered this point with R3v, which you would know if you had bothered to read my posts before opening your mouth.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree, Moore is as bad as Jones.

LOL. You should be an entertainer. Your transparent efforts to promote an agenda would be less objectionable.

Not hardly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I take it you didn't like Jesse Helms either?

Hardly, lol.

Jones: I am a firm believer that a woman should have the freedom to choose what happens to her own body, and I’m going to stand up for that, and I’m going to make sure that that continues to happen. I want to make sure that as we go forward, people have access to contraception, they have access to the abortion that they might need, if that’s what they choose to do.

Todd: You wouldn’t be in favor of legislation that said “ban abortion after 20 weeks,” or something like that?

Jones: No, I’m not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman’s right and her freedom to choose. That’s just the position that I’ve had for many years, it’s the position I continue to have.
    Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ghts-extremist

Last edited by phill4paul; 12-10-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And now he has several pro-Jones/anti-Moore articles at the top of the page.
    And mostly old news or BS like NeoCon Shelby voting against him or how he's 'disappeared'. Dude is trying to get out the vote making important phone calls and held a rally with Bannon and has another one tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

This kind of thinking is why almost no one in this movement has or ever will have any influence in the direction this country will head besides Rand Paul and his dad.

Only one sitting U.S Senator has had the intestinal fortitude to back Roy Moore through all this. When Moore wins y'all will see why Rand and Massie stand with Roy.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

LOL!

Watch: AL.com Columnist Ripped on CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ for Asking If Roy Moore Was Gay

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...roy-moore-gay/
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    3:28

Last edited by dannno; 12-11-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They are drowning in de Nile river.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast