Page 91 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Split a rick of wood today , probably do another Mon. Maybe shop for 12 Ga steel shells Wed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cloudy with a high of 42.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Sunny with a high of 48.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Pretty nice out today , 55 and sunny . I chucked some wood and cleaned out some coals and ashes . Went to town , got a new winter jacket for my youngest son and some Browning 3 inch steel 12 Ga number 2's and no. 4's.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sunny with a high of 55.

Calvin Coolidge

Cloudy with a high of 46.

Calvin Coolidge

58 and stormy this morning . Very windy and cold tonight ,37 back in the twenties tomorrow night

Raining all day with a high of 45.

Calvin Coolidge

Cloudy with a high of 39.

Calvin Coolidge

Cold tonight , wind and rain stopped . Splitting Wood tomorrow .

Cloudy with a high of 33.

Calvin Coolidge

Mostly cloudy with a high of 35.

Calvin Coolidge

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Mostly cloudy with a high of 35.
    not sure it even made it to 35 yesterday but there was a breeze , the kind of breeze you hope for when it is 90

29 this morning. Jack Frost has finally made an appearance. Threw my back out a couple weeks ago lifting a log to cut that I knew better to do. So I need to get back on that this weekend. Should have used the winch. Sometimes my mind still thinks it's controlling a 30 year olds body.

Not freezing ass cold yesterday but $#@!ing cold today. Typical Georgia weather. I pressured washed the patio until my feet were as numb ad my heart. Working 6 days again this week - sometimes it's a blessing, sometimes it's a curse.

Animal update: Mama Animal has Alzheimer's. I am heartbroken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Cloudy with a high of 34.

Calvin Coolidge

Nice fire today . the snow will not dampen my spirits.

Cloudy with a high of 35.

Calvin Coolidge

The high today was colder than my feet but not as cold as my heart.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

So I went into work yesterday (on my day off!!) to set up for a big Christmas party. Anyway, a cook approaches me about his pay. He thinks I'm gipping him on his paycheck because he's scheduled for 40 hours and he only got paid for 32. I take him in the office and show him his clock in/clock outs on the computer. He only worked 32 hours. He's late everyday and always has an excuse to leave early. He goes on a rant about how if he's scheduled for 40 hours, he should get paid for 40 hours - it shouldn't matter how much he actually worked. Then at 4:00 he clocks out and tells me he better get paid for his scheduled time - which was 5pm. What the literal $#@!?

He also told me he wasn't going to work too hard and that I owe him a raise because he has 5 kids. He's 32 years old and barely works 30 hours a week most weeks. I have offered to give him as many hours as he wants but he says his pastor told him not to wear himself out, lol. I can't even wrap my brain around this brand of lazy and crazy.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    So I went into work yesterday (on my day off!!) to set up for a big Christmas party. Anyway, a cook approaches me about his pay. He thinks I'm gipping him on his paycheck because he's scheduled for 40 hours and he only got paid for 32. I take him in the office and show him his clock in/clock outs on the computer. He only worked 32 hours. He's late everyday and always has an excuse to leave early. He goes on a rant about how if he's scheduled for 40 hours, he should get paid for 40 hours - it shouldn't matter how much he actually worked. Then at 4:00 he clocks out and tells me he better get paid for his scheduled time - which was 5pm. What the literal $#@!?

He also told me he wasn't going to work too hard and that I owe him a raise because he has 5 kids. He's 32 years old and barely works 30 hours a week most weeks. I have offered to give him as many hours as he wants but he says his pastor told him not to wear himself out, lol. I can't even wrap my brain around this brand of lazy and crazy.
    As long as you pay me for 40 I'll support your decisions . I dont want to do any actual work though .

Mostly cloudy with a high of 38.

Calvin Coolidge

Cloudy with a high of 42.

Calvin Coolidge

Cloudy with a high of 41.

Calvin Coolidge

Mostly cloudy with a high of 46.

Calvin Coolidge

Partly sunny with a high of 43.

Calvin Coolidge

Splitting some wood tomorrow , turning cold on Thurs night .

Mostly cloudy with a high of 53.

Calvin Coolidge

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    As long as you pay me for 40 I'll support your decisions . I dont want to do any actual work though .
    Neither does he but if you show up for 40, I'll pay you for 40.

Not too cold but not really warm. Mr A says that's because it's December but I think there might be some global cooling or climate change going on- seems risky not to do something. Where's Danke?

Last Sunday, a lady at the hair salon at the end of the shopping center the bar is located in brought in a kitten she was giving away. Apparently, the alley cat behind the bar that I've been trying to lure had kittens and they're slightly feral . She was looking for a home for the last kitty before he went to the pound. The others adjusted well but this little guy got returned because he's a dick. I took him! I love him so much and so do the boys. He's even growing on Mr A.

Introducing Brian Setzer

He likes the Christmas tree..

I took most of the ornaments off so he could have fun

8" of snow today, very windy, occasional white out conditions driving to store. now getting very cold.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 91 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast