Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsi Gabbard Gets Support From Ron Paul People

Tulsi Gabbard Gets Support From Ron Paul People

These are quotes from Reddit

I’m a hard Ron Paul conservative, and watching Tulsi get this treatment is all too familiar, but equally infuriating to me. Tulsi is the only Democrat I could pull the lever for and there are forces at work to make sure I never have the chance.
    The powers that be simply cannot allow us to vote for someone who has integrity, rationality, and zero accountability to the corporate masters.
    The Ron Paul treatment.
    Yeah, this is exactly what they did to RP. The fact that they're doing it to her only makes me like her more.
    Isnt she just a left libertarian and ron paul was a right libertarian? It would explain a lot

What do you notice about this picture that relates to Ron Paul Campaign as to how the media treated him.

The fact that Ron Paul has said she is the best the Democrats have is making me watch this very closely, their foreign policy of non-intervention both coming from people who actually served in the military is highly opposed by the neoliberals and what is left of the neocons.Even Matthews targets the hawks on this one.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Dr Paul people are that foolish then there was never any hope anyway .
    Do something Danke

OK Tulsi Gabbard is great on Foreign Policy but what about other issues?
    I could never vote for someone who supports Gun control,amnesty for illegal aliens,Tax hikes & bigger Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    OK Tulsi Gabbard is great on Foreign Policy...
    Is she? Or does she just sound good? Her voting record on that is not as good as Ron Paul's.

Many a vote has been cast just to "send a message", and I suspect Gabbard will collect more than a few of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Either way Trump verses Gabbard would be the best outcome we could hope for this election cycle......then let the America decide

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is she? Or does she just sound good?
    On that side of the line ,, she has been the best at least vocally. and consistently... I am not a supporter,, just observation..

Her 2nd amendment position seems the same as her party,,,, though she has not been vocal on that..

She is certainly getting the Ron Paul Treatment from her party.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Is she? Or does she just sound good? Her voting record on that is not as good as Ron Paul's.

Many a vote has been cast just to "send a message", and I suspect Gabbard will collect more than a few of those.
    Well, she IS still serving in the military & not telling stories about bone spurs.
    There is no spoon.

You are right she voted for example for sanctions against russia which I don't like.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I could never vote for someone who supports Gun control,amnesty for illegal aliens,Tax hikes & bigger Government.
    Tulsi is NOT great of foreign policy. Her rhetoric is OK and it is better than her competition. These people tend to sound OK when running but when they get into power, all bets are off.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    The fact that Ron Paul has said she is the best the Democrats have is making me watch this very closely, their foreign policy of non-intervention both coming from people who actually served in the military is highly opposed by the neoliberals and what is left of the neocons.Even Matthews targets the hawks on this one.
    Her pretensions toward peace are one thing to like. But this could actually attract more Ron Paul people:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...1-01-Documents
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/cand.../tulsi-gabbard

Issue Positions
    For Presidential and Congressional candidates who refuse to provide voters with their positions, Vote Smart has researched their public records to determine their likely responses. These issue positions are from 2020.

Pro-choice

Abortion: Do you generally support pro-choice or pro-life legislation?

“The #AlabamaAbortionBIll is extremely dangerous. It completely takes away the freedom of women to choose whether or not to have an abortion--even if a woman/girl is a victim of rape or incest. This law must be rejected. #AbortionIsAWomansRight” (votesmart.org)
    “Tulsi is committed to defending a woman's right to choose, which government has no place infringing on.” (votesmart.org)
    Yes

Budget: In order to balance the budget, do you support an income tax increase on any tax bracket?

“Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (HI-02) today voted against the Republicans' tax reform plan, for the second time, which will raise taxes on millions of low and middle-class families, reward corporations and top wage-earners with permanent, massive tax breaks, and add over $1.46 trillion to the national deficit.” (votesmart.org)
    “The budget resolution would provide tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans, raise taxes on hard-working middle class families, increase the deficit by $1.5 trillion, gut crucial healthcare, education, research, and social service programs for seniors, veterans, children, and vulnerable communities while creating a pathway to overhaul America's tax system that favors top income earners and corporations.” (votesmart.org)
    Yes

Budget: Do you support expanding federal funding to support entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare?

“Though I support elements of the Ryan budget that seek to eliminate waste and reduce the deficit, and provide increased funding for national security, the draconian cuts to key programs like Medicare, Social Security, and nutrition assistance found in the Ryan budget, along with a likely increase in taxes for hard-working middle-class Americans in order to lower taxes for the ultra-wealthy, are not acceptable and result in hurting our kupuna and families.” (votesmart.org)
    “Many in Congress want to keep tax breaks for the wealthy and other "entitlements" and instead cut costs by sacrificing Medicare and Social Security in order to get our budget under control. Sacrificing Medicare and Social Security is not acceptable and I will stand up against such efforts.” (votesmart.org)
    Yes

Campaign Finance: Do you support the regulation of indirect campaign contributions from corporations and unions?

“Urge the Federal Election Commission to create secret money regulations responsive to the Citizens United decision.” (votesmart.org)
    “While our campaign finance system has been flawed for some time, it is no surprise why so many of our constituents feel as though their voices are not being heard in the post-Citizens United era. These highly controversial Supreme Court decisions have unleashed unprecedented spending in our elections.” (votesmart.org)
    Yes

Defense: Do you support increasing defense spending?

"As we take this bill up in the Armed Services Committee later this week, and eventually on the House floor, I will continue to work toward ensuring that Hawai'i is secure and protected from threats within the region, and that our national strategic military assets are maintained and supported." (votesmart.org)
    Signed a letter stating: “Considering the national security threats that we face today and the uncertain threats we will likely face tomorrow, Congress should not allow a dramatic reduction in the Army's end strength or a similar reduction in the capabilities of the other service branches.” (votesmart.org)
    Yes

Economy: Do you support federal spending as a means of promoting economic growth?

Rated 5% by the Council for Citizens Against Government Waste. (votesmart.org)
    “Hawai'i's trades and construction industry depend on steady residential and commercial property development. But development depends on adequate infrastructure, such as roads, water, and sewer systems to support and maintain it.” (votesmart.org)
    No

Economy: Do you support lowering corporate taxes as a means of promoting economic growth?

“Amazon reported a $129 million tax REBATE on $11.2 billion in profit last year, making their tax rate -1%. Meanwhile, working Americans are seeing their tax refunds drying up. We need an economy that works for all people. Not just Jeff Bezos.” (votesmart.org)
    “Trump’s tax cuts have been a failure - tax giveaways to corporations, adding $1.5 trillion to the national debt and not translating to relief for working Americans or benefiting small business. #SOTU” (votesmart.org)
    Yes

Education: Do you support requiring states to adopt federal education standards?

“In the 114th Congress, Tulsi supported and voted for the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which gives states more flexibility to determine the best way to measure success in their schools, and provides support for innovation, teacher quality, STEM education, and more.” (gabbard.house.gov)
    “"I have long called for updating No Child Left Behind, and this bill helps to address many of the current challenges in our education system, including overly stringent standardized testing requirements that have put unnecessary pressure on schools, teachers, and students for years without effectively improving education for our keiki.” (votesmart.org)
    Rated 100% by National Education Association. (votesmart.org)
    Yes

Energy & Environment: Do you support government funding for the development of renewable energy (e.g. solar, wind, geo-thermal)?

“In Congress, I'm advocating for our federal government to follow the path of Hawai’i by adopting a federal standard for renewable energy in order to make this transition at a quicker pace.” (votesmart.org)
    “Tulsi supports the extension of renewable energy tax credits, which have helped spur the development of clean energy right here at home.” (gabbard.house.gov)
    Yes

Energy & Environment: Do you support the federal regulation of greenhouse gas emissions?

“"At a time when we should be focusing on reducing air pollution and protecting our citizens' health, this bill does the opposite by undermining the Clean Air Act. I will continue to push for environmental protections for our planet and public health," said Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard.” (votesmart.org)
    “Cosponsored H.Res. 540 (114th), a resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the policies of the US should support a number of green energy policies, including: a transition to near zero greenhouse gas emissions,” (votesmart.org)
    Yes

Guns: Do you generally support gun-control legislation?

“Tulsi is working to increase school security, shore up and reform our mental healthcare system, close the gun show and online loopholes, ban military-style assault weapons and bump stocks, and require background checks on anyone seeking to purchase a gun.” (gabbard.house.gov)
    Rated 13% by the National Rifle Association. (votesmart.org)
    “Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (HI-02) today voted to pass the Bipartisan Background Checks Act (H.R. 8), which would close the "gun show loophole" that currently allows people purchasing firearms through private sales, including gun shows, to forgo a background check. H.R. 8 passed by a vote of 240-190.” (votesmart.org)
    No

Health Care: Do you support repealing the 2010 Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare")?

"The latest attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act -- the #GrahamCassidybill -- strips funds for Medicaid, decreases access to affordable coverage, increases out-of-pocket costs, threatens coverage of essential health benefits, and undermines protections for those with pre-existing conditions.” (votesmart.org)
    Voted in opposition to HR 1628 – American Health Care Act of 2017. (votesmart.org)
    No

Immigration: Do you support the construction of a wall along the Mexican border?

Rated 0% by NumbersUSA. (votesmart.org)
    “Pulling funding for military readiness in order to construct small portions of a wall that will not increase border security is unserious and unstrategic leadership. The American people need genuine national security & effective, humane border security.” (votesmart.org)
    No

Immigration: Do you support requiring immigrants who are unlawfully present to return to their country of origin before they are eligible for citizenship?

"DACA was a shining light for DREAMers, which allowed them to come out from the shadows to go to school, to get a job, to start a small business, and to build a future in this country. Congress has the responsibility to pass a clean, bipartisan DREAM Act to provide a permanent resolution to this problem that too many people are facing all across this country. We cannot afford to wait. We must stand together, Republicans and Democrats, as Americans to pass the DREAM Act now." (votesmart.org)
    “And instead of putting a band-aid on this problem, fix our legal immigration system to provide them with that pathway to legal residency or citizenships, that they are no longer treated as second- class citizens in this country.” (votesmart.org)
    “These are people who were brought here as young children through no choice of their own, but no longer. Now, since DACA was rescinded, their status and future hang in limbo with great uncertainty. Their futures and dreams are put on hold as those fears of being ripped from their families and deported to strange, foreign countries has reentered their lives.” (votesmart.org)
    No

National Security: Should the United States use military force to prevent governments hostile to the U.S. from possessing a weapon of mass destruction (for example: nuclear, biological, chemical)?

“What we are focused on, what I'm focused on is bringing this important message to the American people about how this change, making this change in our foreign policy, ending regime change wars and this nuclear arms race and new Cold War is central to every other issue that we care about, every other issue that's being raised.” (votesmart.org)
    "Foreign policy is inseparable from domestic issues because as long as we are wasting trillions of dollars on regime change wars, the new cold war & nuclear arms race, we will not have the money for infrastructure, health care, clean water, education, and other needs of our people" (votesmart.org)
    “The ratcheting up of retaliatory actions between the US and Iran will lead to a war that will be devastating to the people of both countries. As president I will re-enter the Iran Nuclear Agreement and end the sanctions against Iran to move us back from the precipice of war.” (twitter.com)
    Yes

National Security: Do you support reducing military intervention in Middle East conflicts?

“In Iraq, Libya and now in Syria, the U.S. has continued to get bogged down in fighting regime change wars that have caused untold suffering and instability in the Middle East. At the same time, our leaders have neglected our primary mission of defeating those who attacked us on 9/11 and who continue to threaten and wage war against us today.” (gabbard.house.gov)
    "”A U.S. military attack against Syria will certainly reinvigorate and resurrect the terrorizing forces of jihad and increase the flow of refugees into Europe and the United States.” (votesmart.org)
    “"The war to overthrow Assad is counter-productive because it actually helps ISIS and other Islamic extremists achieve their goal of overthrowing the Syrian government of Assad and taking control of all of Syria--which will simply increase human suffering in the region, exacerbate the refugee crisis, and pose a greater threat to the world. Also, the war to overthrow Assad is illegal because Congress never authorized it."” (votesmart.org)
    No

Trade: Do you generally support removing barriers to international trade (for example: tariffs, quotas, etc.)?

“By pushing for fair trade, not trade deals that give away the sovereignty of the American people and our country, that give away American jobs, and that threaten our environment. These are the three main issues with that massive trade deal, the Trans-Pacific Partnership.” (votesmart.org)
    “The Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal is a bad deal for the American people. This historically massive trade deal -- accounting for 40 percent of global trade -- would reduce restrictions on foreign corporations operating within the U.S., limit our ability to protect our environment, and create more incentives for U.S. businesses to outsource investments and jobs overseas to countries with lower labor costs and standards.” (votesmart.org)

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Tulsi is NOT great of foreign policy. Her rhetoric is OK and it is better than her competition. These people tend to sound OK when running but when they get into power, all bets are off.
    Kind of like how Obama campaigned on ending wars but he continued the previous ones his predecessor started while starting news ones along the way?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If Dr Paul people are that foolish then there was never any hope anyway .
    CFR member too...

If you combined Tulsi Gabbard's rhetoric with Rand Paul's voting record you would have Ron Paul....or Thomas Massie. I'm still peeved and Rand for signing the Tom Cotton letters. I'm not sure why that isn't a violation of the Logan Act.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Trump supports gun control and bigger government.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    CFR member too...
    This as well. Anybody whose ever been a part of the CFR is never to be trusted.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This as well. Anybody whose ever been a part of the CFR is never to be trusted.
    I will just leave this here, there is some interesting perspectives on foreign policy and negotiating tactics embedded within.

Last edited by ProBlue33; 11-23-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    CFR member too...
    That's been scrubbed so we know it means something and she wasn't just a member in name only.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Kind of like how Obama campaigned on ending wars but he continued the previous ones his predecessor started while starting news ones along the way?
    +rep

The thread title should be changed to, "People claiming to be Ron Paul people try to convince Ron Paul people to support Tulsi Gabbard."

I would like to see her do better than she's doing in the Dem primaries, and it would be awesome to see her win them. But she's no Ron Paul.

You guys are a bunch of purists.

Actually , I can think of nothing that she is any better on than Gore , Kerry , Clinton , Bernie , Warren , Obama etc . She is an elected official in a full commie state.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Principled.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Principled.
    It's a noble thought....but has proven to be unable to actually win and accomplish anything of substance.
    She speaks out against the military industrial complex just like Ron Paul did, and believes you need to work with like minded people on the other side.
    She is this election cycle Dennis Kucinich.

She has flaws for sure, but trying to bridge the political divide is not one of them.....unlike the rest of them that consider the fly over Americans to be deplorable gun loving racists... even though a bunch of them voted for Obama twice.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    I would gladly vote for Gabbard if there were more things that she agreed with Ron Paul on.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The thread title should be changed to, "People claiming to be Ron Paul people try to convince Ron Paul people to support Tulsi Gabbard."

I would like to see her do better than she's doing in the Dem primaries, and it would be awesome to see her win them. But she's no Ron Paul.
    She's no Ron Paul, but his supporters were a more diverse group than you seem to know.

Paul, Trump, Gabbard--there are people out there determined to keep throwing drunken monkeys in the works until one turns out to be an actual monkey wrench.

As a libertarian I agree with some of her rhetoric and disagree with others. I guess that's the nature of being an extremely jaded "moderate" in today's hyperpartisan environment. I just wish I could trust any politician to not prove to have been full-of-$#@! once the votes have been counted and the office won, especially one that was a CFR member. If I had to take a Dem, it would be her, at least. But that's not saying much.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    It's a noble thought....but has proven to be unable to actually win and accomplish anything of substance.
    She speaks out against the military industrial complex just like Ron Paul did, and believes you need to work with like minded people on the other side.
    She is this election cycle Dennis Kucinich.

She has flaws for sure, but trying to bridge the political divide is not one of them.....unlike the rest of them that consider the fly over Americans to be deplorable gun loving racists... even though a bunch of them voted for Obama twice.
    Devil 21:
    As a libertarian I agree with some of her rhetoric and disagree with others. I guess that's the nature of being an extremely jaded "moderate" in today's hyperpartisan environment. I just wish I could trust any politician to not prove to have been full-of-$#@! once the votes have been counted and the office won, especially one that was a CFR member. If I had to take a Dem, it would be her, at least. But that's not saying much.

Both of these^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Well, she IS still serving in the military & not telling stories about bone spurs.
    Lol I encourage you to look more into her military "service". She had been posturing for politics very early on thanks to daddy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast