Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford/Kavanaugh Testimony

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    In my 30s.
    yeah might be a regional thing too, dunno. I'm a decade older than you and I'm familiar with the dutch udder, rusty trombone and the all important blumpkin. but I can't ever recall hearing about boff or devils triangle.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    According to Vox, boof currently means ingesting alcohol or drugs through the anal cavity.. but back in the early 80s, it was short for bufu or "butt $#@!".

I remember kids joking about butt $#@!ing in elementary school, that doesn't mean they were butt $#@!ing. They were trying to fill the yearbook with that kind of humor, so there is really no way of knowing if it was just something they joked about or what.

I can't read Kavanaugh's mind, who knows what he meant at the time, what he remembers now, etc.. but I don't see it as a big issue either way considering everything else.
    The problem is he said this under oath and I haven't seen Kavanaugh's interpretation of those terms confirmed by others during his time in hs. Maybe it's a matter of time before someone confirms, but I don't know. I think this hurts his credibility because if he did lie about those terms, then how do we know he's not lying about other things he said during his testimony?

I've sided with Kavanaugh throughout this fiasco, but I feel a little different now after the above.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/boofed-...earbook-jokes/

This has made me lose some trust in Kavanaugh. He said "boof" was flatulence, but it's actually an explicit sexual act with alcohol and same with when he answered the definition for "devil's triangle" as he said it was a drinking game, but it's a sex act.

Can anyone defend Kavanaugh here? Am I wrong here?
    Maybe he is as ignorant of the meanings of those terms as I am.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I cant believe I am saying this but Lindsey Graham came up big on this. He is still a scumbag but that statement he made was powerful

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I cant believe I am saying this but Lindsey Graham came up big on this. He is still a scumbag but that statement he made was powerful
    Well, lets be honest. The last thing Lindsey wants is a thorough investigation into his personal life.

A GoFundMe campaign created for Dr Christine Blasey Ford has rapidly picked up support on the day of her testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee about her allegations of sexual assault against Brett Kavanaugh.
    A campaign created on 18, September with a goal to raise $150,000 (£115,000) has since markedly exceeded its goal. At one point on Thursday, the trending campaign reached $375,000 (£280,000) – with donations speedily pouring in throughout the day.
    Neighbours and colleagues of Dr Blasey Ford sponsored the campaign with the mission to assist the California professor and her family since her identify became known. The funds raised will cover expenses, including security and travel costs.

Another GoFundMe page that has gained in popularity was created for Dr Blasey Ford by a professor of law at Georgetown University, according to the campaign’s post. That campaign, which has since closed, set a goal to raise $175,000 (£130,000) and exceeded it by raising nearly $210,000 (£160,000).

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/brett-kav...221235334.html

This is the new way to hide bribery.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A GoFundMe campaign created for Dr Christine Blasey Ford has rapidly picked up support on the day of her testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee about her allegations of sexual assault against Brett Kavanaugh.
    A campaign created on 18, September with a goal to raise $150,000 (£115,000) has since markedly exceeded its goal. At one point on Thursday, the trending campaign reached $375,000 (£280,000) – with donations speedily pouring in throughout the day.
    Neighbours and colleagues of Dr Blasey Ford sponsored the campaign with the mission to assist the California professor and her family since her identify became known. The funds raised will cover expenses, including security and travel costs.

Another GoFundMe page that has gained in popularity was created for Dr Blasey Ford by a professor of law at Georgetown University, according to the campaign’s post. That campaign, which has since closed, set a goal to raise $175,000 (£130,000) and exceeded it by raising nearly $210,000 (£160,000).

From the comments:

Her lawyers stated today that are working pro bono, AND THAT THEY WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY PAYMENT FOR THEIR WORK. Sssssssoooooo, I guess Mrs. Ford will SURELY be donating all of this money to charity?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Don't forget the swimsuit competition and the spokesperson challenge. Always tricky.
    LOL , stop,... I'm in tears.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Is there a go fund me for Kavanaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    They have the polygraph report, but not the underlying charts. Her lawyer claims they would have access to that if they had allowed the doctor who gave the test to testify, but are pushing back against providing the documents now.
    "The narrative that liberals have hung their hopes on to stop Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh is falling apart. There are now so many holes in the story, it’s incredible …

One of the only points in her favor was that she took a “lie detector” polygraph test, which was widely reported by the media …

On Wednesday, the actual details from that polygraph were released … The biggest problem with the so-called “lie detector” results are that the examiner never actually asked questions about Kavanaugh during the polygraph test.

Bizarrely, the person conducting the polygraph — who was a third-party examiner and not a law enforcement official — had Ford scribble down her nearly 40-year-old memory of the drunken party, and then asked her two vague questions. Those two questions were: “Is any part of your statement false?” and “Did you make up any part of your statement?” …

the polygraph test didn’t actually ask the main accuser any questions about Kavanaugh. His name was never brought up by the interviewer. Instead, Ford was simply asked if she she believed her own hand-written statement. … nowhere in that written statement does the name “Kavanaugh” appear, either.

And, to make matters worse, the statement from Ford that she was then asked about by the polygraph examiner directly contradicts different versions of the alleged event that the accuser has also given. “Ford’s polygraph letter contradicts letter she sent to Feinstein,” pointed out Charles C. W. Cooke … “Polygraph letter says ‘4 boys and a couple of girls’ were at party. Letter to Feinstein says ‘me and four others,'” he continued. “No way to reconcile the two — irrespective of whether she’s counting herself in polygraph letter.” … And remember, therapist notes said four boys in the room. These are basic details, which she cannot seem to keep consistent. …

The fact that Ford “passed” the polygraph based on a statement that she later herself contradicted while telling the story to other people shows how unreliable this [alleged “polygraph”] truly is.
    [This was not a polygraph examination. The “examiner” failed to follow proper protocol. Aside from having no questions on point, the “polygraph” had no questions from which to establish a baseline for the measurements]

Contrary to how it’s shown in the movies, a polygraph can’t actually determine if a person is lying or not. All it can do is indicate how calm or stressed somebody is compared to a baseline. … a completely delusional person can also “pass” a polygraph. … Ford may believe that something happened at a party four decades ago, and she may be confident that some version of her story is true …

Buried in the release of the weak polygraph results was the fact that Ford was in Maryland — on the other side of the country from her home in California — to take that test. But the supposed reason she couldn’t appear to testify in front of the Senate … was that she’s afraid of confined spaces, which means she won’t travel by plane. … So she took the polygraph when she was in the mid-Atlantic, then drove back to California to be there after the 10th? Yet the letter from Ford to Senator Feinstein made no mention of this difficulty, and casually mentioned that she planned to be back in California from the East Coast in less than three day’s time. She told Feinstein in original letter traveling in mid Atlantic until August 7th & back in California on August 10th . Her polygraph was administered in Maryland on August 7th. She claims she won’t fly. It takes at least 42 hours of nonstop driving to go from Maryland, where the polygraph was administered, to Palo Alto, California, where Ford lives and teaches at a university. … a realistic daily limit is about ten hours of driving a day before exhaustion sets in. USA Today has recommended that people set aside between four and six days to do this arduous drive. …
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Ford Was ‘Afraid’ To Fly to DC but Not Hawaii, Tahiti, Costa Rica or French Polynesia

Christine Blasey Ford essentially admitted to the Senate that she has been less than honest over the past few weeks. Ford, a left-leaning university professor in California, had previously claimed that she couldn’t get to Washington, D.C. to testify in front of Congress in a timely manner because she was deathly afraid of flying. …

After finally showing up to testify … Ford was forced to admit that she lied …

“May I ask, Dr. Ford, how did you get to Washington?” Mitchell asked.
    “In an airplane,” Ford answered sheepishly.
    “OK, I ask that because it’s been reported by the press that you would not submit to an interview with the committee because of your fear of flying,” Mitchell followed up. “Is that true?”
    “Well, I was hoping that they would come to me,” the accuser responded.
    “When you were here back in August, end of July, August, how did you get here?” Mitchell asked.
    “Also by airplane,” Ford answered.
    “I also saw on your — you talked about Hawaii, Costa Rica, South Pacific Islands, and French Polynesia,” Mitchell continued. “Have you been to all of those places? By airplane?”
    “Yes,” Ford confirmed. …

she couldn’t be bothered to actually get on an airplane and talk to senators because she said she was terrified of flying. Yet the exact same woman just admitted on camera that she had absolutely no problem flying to some of the most exotic locations in the world, some of which require far longer trips in cramped airplanes than a routine flight to Washington. …

If she had no problem lying about this, what else is she being dishonest about?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

And while everyone is distracted, look over here...

https://www.twitter.com/justinamash/...59299133796352
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Ford Was ‘Afraid’ To Fly to DC but Not Hawaii, Tahiti, Costa Rica or French Polynesia

Christine Blasey Ford essentially admitted to the Senate that she has been less than honest over the past few weeks. Ford, a left-leaning university professor in California, had previously claimed that she couldn’t get to Washington, D.C. to testify in front of Congress in a timely manner because she was deathly afraid of flying. …

After finally showing up to testify … Ford was forced to admit that she lied …

“May I ask, Dr. Ford, how did you get to Washington?” Mitchell asked.
    “In an airplane,” Ford answered sheepishly.
    “OK, I ask that because it’s been reported by the press that you would not submit to an interview with the committee because of your fear of flying,” Mitchell followed up. “Is that true?”
    “Well, I was hoping that they would come to me,” the accuser responded.
    “When you were here back in August, end of July, August, how did you get here?” Mitchell asked.
    “Also by airplane,” Ford answered.
    “I also saw on your — you talked about Hawaii, Costa Rica, South Pacific Islands, and French Polynesia,” Mitchell continued. “Have you been to all of those places? By airplane?”
    “Yes,” Ford confirmed. …

she couldn’t be bothered to actually get on an airplane and talk to senators because she said she was terrified of flying. Yet the exact same woman just admitted on camera that she had absolutely no problem flying to some of the most exotic locations in the world, some of which require far longer trips in cramped airplanes than a routine flight to Washington. …

If she had no problem lying about this, what else is she being dishonest about?
    Being jumped on by Brett Kavanaugh?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

“I will never forget” except for nearly every key detail.

“(T)he details about that night that bring me here today are ones I will never forget. They have been seared into my memory and have haunted me episodically as an adult.” … “I do not remember all of the details of how that gathering came together,” Blasey Ford acknowledged in the same opening statement. “I truly wish I could provide detailed answers to all of the questions that have been and will be asked about how I got to the party, where it took place, and so forth. I don’t have all the answers, and I don’t remember as much as I would like to,” she admitted.

Oh. So “I will never forget” has become “I don’t remember … much” in just a few short sentences. …

She doesn’t know the location of the alleged incident, and has tossed out at most three names of people who were supposedly witnesses. These details keep changing. She doesn’t remember when it happened with even vague accuracy. … and there’s solid evidence that Kavanaugh wasn’t at any such party. Meanwhile, her own recollections have contradicted themselves, and even people that she named as references have gone on the record to say that they don’t remember the alleged incident happening. …

Claiming that she “will never forget” details of the incident, while simultaneously forgetting nearly every key detail …

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wait till she gets the book deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wait till she gets the book deal...
    For a book that will be bought in massive numbers by someone who stores all the copies in a warehouse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Place your bets, which cities will burn/riot after kavanaugh gets nominated?

1) Berkeley, CA.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

1) Berkeley, CA.
    LA

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

New York Times Bullied Into Deleting Tweet By Outraged Liberals

The former paper of record was forced to delete a Tweet Thursday after users of the microblogging platform deemed it “insensitive.”
    “We’re sorry for this tweet. In retrospect, a Twitter poll is insensitive in light of the gravity of this hearing. We’ve deleted it,” the New York Times said, attaching a screenshot of the Tweet in question.
    We're sorry for this tweet. In retrospect, a Twitter poll is insensitive in light of the gravity of this hearing. We've deleted it. pic.twitter.com/4CqRhkuCat
    — NYT Opinion (@nytopinion) September 27, 2018

The Times’ followers, it seems, were unhappy with a poll asking whether readers found Christine Blasey Fored’s testimony against Brett Kavanaugh in Thursday’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing credible. Holding the “wrong” opinion on matters like this would constitute wrong-think, a serious crime on the political left.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/new-yo...aged-liberals/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In a move that signals GOP confidence in Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Senate Republicans plan to hold a Judiciary Committee vote Friday morning and a Senate floor test vote on Saturday, according to multiple reports.

With a showdown between Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and his accuser Christine Blasey Ford slated for Thursday, several alleged Republican senators have still not committed to voting to confirm Kavanaugh.
    Here is the list:

• Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)
    • Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.)
    • Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.)
    • Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.)
    • Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.)
    • Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.)
    • Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
    • Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.)

Sasse indignantly questioned his Democrat colleagues during the Thursday’s hearing, expressing malcontent with how Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) handled Ford’s accusations. His defense of Kavanaugh signifies that he will vote in favor of the nominee.
    Just before publication, Corker announced that he, too will vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/kavana...vote-saturday/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/TracyLynn128/sta...07277699076096

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

1) Berkeley, CA.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    and they wonder why people feel the need to protect themselves.

and they wonder why people feel the need to protect themselves.
    If people would just do as they tell them they wouldn't have anything to fear.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

No matter if Ford was telling the truth or not about Kavanaugh or is confused with another person, the FBI investigation and Flying paranoia are clearly delay tactics. This was leaked to the press for one reason only, delay. This entire thing was about delaying the nomination process, that in itself is a major conflict of interest in the story.

The TDS libs do piss me off but when this all started, I didn't think they'd give me this many reasons to not believe them, amazing.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

In a move that signals GOP confidence in Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Senate Republicans plan to hold a Judiciary Committee vote Friday morning and a Senate floor test vote on Saturday, according to multiple reports.

With a showdown between Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and his accuser Christine Blasey Ford slated for Thursday, several alleged Republican senators have still not committed to voting to confirm Kavanaugh.
    Here is the list:

• Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)
    • Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.)
    • Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.)
    • Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.)
    • Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.)
    • Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.)
    • Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
    • Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.)

Sasse indignantly questioned his Democrat colleagues during the Thursday’s hearing, expressing malcontent with how Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) handled Ford’s accusations. His defense of Kavanaugh signifies that he will vote in favor of the nominee.
    Just before publication, Corker announced that he, too will vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/kavana...vote-saturday/
    Thanks for the list.

And to add, anybody on that list that cannot see this for the game that it is, is already a dirty Democrat and can never be trusted to vote with reason.

So, sure, show your colors.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

New York Times Bullied Into Deleting Tweet By Outraged Liberals

The former paper of record was forced to delete a Tweet Thursday after users of the microblogging platform deemed it “insensitive.”
    “We’re sorry for this tweet. In retrospect, a Twitter poll is insensitive in light of the gravity of this hearing. We’ve deleted it,” the New York Times said, attaching a screenshot of the Tweet in question.
    We're sorry for this tweet. In retrospect, a Twitter poll is insensitive in light of the gravity of this hearing. We've deleted it. pic.twitter.com/4CqRhkuCat
    — NYT Opinion (@nytopinion) September 27, 2018

The Times’ followers, it seems, were unhappy with a poll asking whether readers found Christine Blasey Fored’s testimony against Brett Kavanaugh in Thursday’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing credible. Holding the “wrong” opinion on matters like this would constitute wrong-think, a serious crime on the political left.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/new-yo...aged-liberals/
    Ok...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Caption:

"Here is the money for the polygraph Ms. Ford took."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast