Thread: Bill Nye vs Tucker Carlson On Climate Change

Bill Nye vs Tucker Carlson On Climate Change

Bill Nye vs Tucker Carlson On Climate Change - HD 2/27/17

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    can you neg rep me please?
    that was dismal.
    thank you.

This was worth watching... since you're here.

Whiny dork is a horrible interviewer, even for tv.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    can you neg rep me please?
    that was dismal.
    thank you.
    LOL. I would neg rep Tucker Carlson if it made a difference. He is and always has been a moron. To answer a fake scientist like Bill Nye, bring on a real scientist who can refute fake claims of "overwhelming evidence" with...well...evidence. It's like going into court against the other side's expert witness without an expert witness of your own.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

How does fake scientist like Bill Nye explain the growth of polar bear population?

Yeah, Carlson is painful to watch. Bill Nye is unbearably smug and dogmatic about climate change. Can't stand him. But Carlson just shoots himself in the foot every time he tramples over the person trying to answer his questions. He can't bear to hear something that refutes him. Nye's illustration of the 6-second answer limit said it all.

The moron right keeps producing versions of the lady with the stripes:

Last edited by undergroundrr; 02-28-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Both sides can come to a consensus, but their politics $#@!s everything up. For instance Nye needs to understand that Wikileaks busted European scientists tampering with studies for political gain. This event poisoned the well. Period. Another issue is that the magnetic poles are weakening. Do we know if the large Collider and other massive atom smashers are responsible for that?

The denier side needs to stop trying to just pass it off like it is the talk of loons as well.

Worse, there is really no solution to begin with. We can't even come to a consensus on politics outside of global warming because globalists and statist are going to use it to $#@! the rest of us.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Carlson exposed Nye as a loon.

made my day.

Bill Nye is a Climate Change denier. He just said that if it weren't for humans, the climate would be exactly like it was in 1750..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Neither character represented a serious argument for either side of the issue. Not surprised.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Neither character represented a serious argument for either side of the issue. Not surprised.

It wasn't a debate, it was an interview.

I agree Tucker could have done better, but he did do a good job exposing Bill Nye for not being a very good science guy.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It wasn't a debate, it was an interview.

I agree Tucker could have done better, but he did do a good job exposing Bill Nye for not being a very good science guy.
    Agree, but in the end, we still need decent information. One of the things that set me off is Americans get grief on pollution while China and India seem to be left alone. Some of the worst air and water pollution in the earth.

Tucker Carlson Induces Cognitive Dissonance in Bill Nye the Science Guy over Climate Change
    Here is the best (and weirdest) example of cognitive dissonance you will ever see. The set-up is that Bill Nye, an engineer by training, and a proponent of science, is defending climate science on Tucker’s show.

The first weird thing is that Bill Nye starts by talking about cognitive dissonance being the only reason that anyone would be skeptical of global warming. But he seems to not understand the concept of cognitive dissonance because he believes only the other side could be experiencing it. The nature of cognitive dissonance is that you don’t know you’re in it when you’re in it. It is only obvious to observers. If Nye had been objective, he would have noted two equal possibilities: Either the skeptics are experiencing cognitive dissonance or the proponents of climate science are experiencing it. But whoever is in it can’t know. It is only obvious to the other side. That’s how it works.

Yes, I do the same thing all the time. I call out my critics for being in cognitive dissonance and act as if the problem couldn’t be on my end. But in my case, the context is usually that I’m teaching you how to spot it. And I also talk about the specific triggers and “tells” so you can check my work. This video has a clear trigger and an enormous tell. Best example you will ever see.

The set-up for the trigger is that Nye’s self-image is that of a rational supporter of science with a command of the facts about climate science. He has made a career recently of defending science, and climate science in particular. Nye’s ego depends on being consistent with his pro-science, rational stance. That’s who he is.

Tucker then asked Nye a simple question about climate science. He asked how much of the warming is caused by human activity. Nye’s entire ego depended on knowing whether human activity is contributing to climate change in a big way, a medium way, or a small way. Tucker wanted some details. How much difference do humans make? After all, Nye had said this was settled science. Tucker just wanted to know what that settled science said.

Nye didn’t know. And by not knowing that simple answer about the percentage of human contribution to warming – the only issue that really mattered to the topic – he proved in public that his opinions on science are not based on facts or knowledge. Nye tried and tried to dodge the question, but Tucker was relentless. That was the trigger. Nye could plainly see, thanks to Tucker’s simple question, that his belief in science was just a belief, because he didn’t actually know the science. When your self-image and ego get annihilated on live television, you can’t simply admit you have been ridiculous all along. Your brain can’t let you do that to yourself. So instead, it concocts weird hallucinations to force-glue your observations into some sort of semi-coherent movie in which you are not totally and thoroughly wrong. That semi-coherent movie will look like a form of insanity to observers.

Look for Nye to go totally mental in the last minute of the clip, changing the topic to political leaks for no apparent reason. That’s your tell. His brain just sort of broke right in front of you.

People do and say dumb things all the time, and it isn’t always cognitive dissonance. That’s why you look for the trigger to make sure the “tell” was what you thought it was.

To be fair, spotting cognitive dissonance is more like bird-watching than science. Sometimes you misidentify a bird. But this example is like an ostrich sitting on your lap. Hard to miss. Enjoy.
    This Scott Adams post is what made me finally watch it. And even though I was expecting it, I was still surprised by Nye's break.

Nye is such a sorry excuse for a 'scientist' that he almost makes Carl Sagan look scientific.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    Nye is such a sorry excuse for a 'scientist' that he almost makes Carl Sagan look scientific.
    He's not a scientist per se. He is a mechanical engineer so he has to know definitely the fundamentals. Carl Sagan however was.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    Agree, but in the end, we still need decent information. One of the things that set me off is Americans get grief on pollution while China and India seem to be left alone. Some of the worst air and water pollution in the earth.
    Agreed. I'm flying back from Beijing today (standby so we will see if seats available) and currently on the 7th floor of an apartment only 6 miles from the center of Beijing and cannot see the skyscrapers. People in the US don't have a clue what "pollution" is until they've been to places like this. It's one of my reasons for NOT believing in man-made climate change. If we can create the amount of pollution that China does and get nothing but a disputed .5 degrees warming then it's obvious to me that man CANNOT have the means to change the climate on this huge blue ball... Humans are just too small of an influence on this great planet to make any significant change.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yeah. The character was created on the Seattle area local TV sketch comedy show called Almost Alive! If you ever visit Seattle, reruns of the show are still on the air. Some of the episodes are on YouTube.

Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    He's not a scientist per se. He is a mechanical engineer so he has to know definitely the fundamentals. Carl Sagan however was.
    Strikes me that the reason he chose to 'teach' on TV is that he must have been one P poor mechanical engineer. BTW, cultures such as ancient Egypt, China, Greece Roman, Meso-America did some very impressive engineering without the least concept of Science. On the otherhand our very scientific engineers have on occasion built such WOW projects as the dehavilland comet and the tacoma narrows bridge not to mention signing off with a straight face that TWA 800 was brought down by a spark in a fuel tank an that Towers 1,2,&7 were brought down in a free fall collapse by fire.