Thread: Iran: Attack on Syria is an attack on us

Iran: Attack on Syria is an attack on us

Looks like they've adopted Rand's foreign policy ??

-
    TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran considers any attack against Syria an attack on itself, an advisor to the Islamic Republic's supreme leader was quoted as saying Saturday, the strongest warning to date by a top Iranian official that Tehran will use any available means to keep the regime of President Bashar Assad in power.

Ali Akbar Velayati, an aide to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said Syria plays a major role in the "resistance front" of anti-Israel states and militant groups.

"Syria plays a very key role in supporting, or God forbid destabilizing, the resistance front. For this same reason, attack on Syria is considered attack on Iran and Iran's allies," Velayati was quoted by the semiofficial Mehr news agency as saying.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...us_116820.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been knowing this for a while now, perhaps they're just re-posturing. Not like Rand has anything to do with Obama inc.

Oh snap.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Iraq- "An attack on Iran is an attack on us."

USA- "An attack on Iraq is us."
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-27-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Lolz, no one learned anything from World War I.

iran knows that if syria goes down, iran is next.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    iran knows that if syria goes down, iran is next.
    It's on the list.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Oh snap.
    Those comments were taken out of context! - Muhad Collins

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good. Maybe this will keep our nose out of where it doesn't belong.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    Good. Maybe this will keep our nose out of where it doesn't belong.
    Americans are attracted to war like moth to a flame. It's addiction, an obsession. We're nothing more than junkie trying to get its fix. And we will.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

I think we should start taking bets on the players in WWIII because its coming soon:

I'll go first, these are my major players in order of financial investment and troop deployment:

Allied Powers (Anglo-American Empire):

1. United States
    2. Isreal
    3. Great Britain
    4. Germany
    5. South Korea
    6. Canada
    7. France
    8. Australia
    9. Saudi Arabia
    10. Japan
    11. Pakistan
    12. Mexico

Terrorist-Aiding Nationalist Powers (Remaining Sovereign Nations):

1. China
    2. Russia
    3. India
    4. Iran
    5. Turkey
    6. Brazil
    7. North Korea
    8. Egypt
    9. Syria
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

Pretty typical, All defence of Iran for an interventionist statement. But that is right Iran can do no wrong, only the US
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Looks like they've adopted Rand's foreign policy ??

-
    TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran considers any attack against Syria an attack on itself, an advisor to the Islamic Republic's supreme leader was quoted as saying Saturday, the strongest warning to date by a top Iranian official that Tehran will use any available means to keep the regime of President Bashar Assad in power.

Ali Akbar Velayati, an aide to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said Syria plays a major role in the "resistance front" of anti-Israel states and militant groups.

"Syria plays a very key role in supporting, or God forbid destabilizing, the resistance front. For this same reason, attack on Syria is considered attack on Iran and Iran's allies," Velayati was quoted by the semiofficial Mehr news agency as saying.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...us_116820.html
    fine with me, The US doesn't attack Syria, Iran doesn't attack Israel. We can all live in peace and get back to bankrupting our country with lots and lots of debt.

Rand says this about Israel and he "is kissing the ass of the Israel lobby".

So by extension Iran is kissing the ass of the Syria lobby.

Or does this sort of stuff only apply to Americans? How come it's not interventionism when they do it?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    How come it's not interventionism when they do it?
    It would be an entangling alliance..
    Something our founders warned about.

Not sure if their founders said anything about it.
    But Iran has not invaded anyone for hundreds of years. That can not be said for any of the other players.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-28-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Or does this sort of stuff only apply to Americans? How come it's not interventionism when they do it?
    Probably because there is no powerful "Syria lobby" which controls foreign policy in Iran. Do you really honestly believe the two situations are similar?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It would be an entangling alliance..
    Something our founders warned about.

Not sure if their founders said anything about it.
    But Iran has not invaded anyone for hundreds of years. That can not be said for any of the other players.
    Why would this alliance be considered entangling, when it is mutually beneficial? They don't control each other's policies but they really need each other's support for their own survival.

Who said it's not interventionism when they do it? And no - this sort of stuff does not only apply to Americans.

But as an American living in America I am much more concerned about the American government's depredations than I am about the Iranian government's.

After all, it's not Ahmedinejad's bosses (or their Syrian buddies) who are stealing my money to fund their obstreperously wretched bloody-mindedness ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

It is. My question in turn would be why tf would I care what countries Iran wants to intervene in? Good for Iran. Good for Syria. Good for us if we'd ever get the f out the region... Oh and $#@! Israel. They can defend themselves..... or not. It's not really my business one way or another what they decide to do.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-29-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump