Thread: FL-Cop fires on unarmed man and his 6 y/o daughter on their way to get asthma medicine

Exclamation FL-Cop fires on unarmed man and his 6 y/o daughter on their way to get asthma medicine

Cop Fires on Unarmed Man and His 6-Year-Old Daughter on Their Way to Get Asthma Medicine

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...hg9FZZCw4Lh.99

Jacksonville, FL — Brian Dennison, 29, was rushing home to retrieve his 6-year-old daughter’s asthma medication Monday night when he was stopped by Jacksonville Sheriff’s deputy, J.C. Garcia.

Upon exiting his cruiser, Garcia immediately drew his sidearm and fired into the car of unarmed Dennison and his 6-year-old daughter.
    According to the police report, Garcia spotted a green Ford Focus driven by Dennison speeding through a parking lot near West University Boulevard and St. Augustine Road. Garcia began following the car, and said it blew through a stop sign as it turned onto DuPont Station Road, nearly hitting another car and heading the wrong way toward St. Augustine Road.

At this point Garcia turned on his lights and pulled over the car as it turned into Plantation Apartments.

At a media briefing Tuesday, Assistant Chief Chris Butler told reporters the officer initially believed the suspect was armed so he pulled out his own weapon and fired.

In the initial police report, however, no mention of the shooting was even made. First Coast News asked JSO why they failed to mention the fact that one of their officers fired at an unarmed man and his young daughter, to which JSO spokesperson Melissa Bujeda responded, “The shooting is a separate investigation.”

A second incident report, filed after the fact, noted that the officer fired his weapon but it gave no explanation.

On 11-24-14, a JSO Patrol Officer conducted a traffic stop on a suspicious vehicle at 3900 Toledo Rd. During the traffic stop the Officer fired his handgun one time. No one was injured. The Cold Case Unit will follow up the investigation.

Now for the kicker, Garcia, who negligently fired his weapon at an unarmed man and his daughter has not been placed on any type of leave or suspension.

What would have happened if the bullet would have hit Dennison? Or his 6-year-old for that matter? Would the public have been told that Garcia feared for his life over threats from an asthmatic first-grader?

Tragically after being shot at by an overzealous cop, Dennison was arrested on misdemeanor charges of knowingly driving with a suspended license and driving with a suspended license.

For failing to pay a traffic ticket, Dennison was shot at and is currently in the Duval County Jail while his daughter, likely traumatized from this incident, is unable to see her father.

It takes a special kind of person to shoot at a man and his daughter and then arrest that man in front of his daughter.

Oddly enough, there were two shootings by JSO officers that fateful Monday night. The other shooting occurred an hour before the one Dennison was involved in, but the driver of the other vehicle wasn’t so lucky.

Leonardo Little was also driving on a suspended license and was pulled over for an expired inspection tag. During his arrest, officer Cecil Grant shot and killed Little after a struggle ensued.

Grant was not injured in the struggle.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    don't want to get shot at, don't live faraway from a drug store in America.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

First Coast News asked JSO why they failed to mention the fact that one of their officers fired at an unarmed man and his young daughter

probably too busy being good cops

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

FOIA the video.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

I'm willing to bet he would be quick to remark on what a dangerous occupation he is in.

A wise man, if he has reason to fear an imminent conflagration, doesn't spill gasoline all around him and light a match.

I sure do hope Officer Garcia made it home okay. I feel ever so much safer knowing brave men like him are serving and protecting me.

At a media briefing Tuesday, Assistant Chief Chris Butler told reporters the officer initially believed the suspect was armed so he pulled out his own weapon and fired.
    And I'll bet that not one, single "journalist" at this media briefing bothered to ask Asst. Chief Butler why it is appropriate for cops to try to kill people merely for believing them to be armed.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And I'll bet that not one, single "journalist" at this media briefing bothered to ask Asst. Chief Butler why it is appropriate for cops to try to kill people merely for believing them to be armed.
    still waiting to see THAT question.

Or, perhaps, better...."Assistant Chief Butler, as a citizen, am I to believe that I may shoot someone, anyone, including an officer, if I "believe they are armed?"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    still waiting to see THAT question.

Or, perhaps, better...."Assistant Chief Butler, as a citizen, am I to believe that I may shoot someone, anyone, including an officer, if I "believe they are armed?"
    Meh, Dennison must have just been a thug.