Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Benton resigns as Mitch McConnell's campaign manager

Jesse Benton resigns as Mitch McConnell's campaign manager

Mitch McConnell's campaign manager resigns after Iowa bribery scandal deepens

Jesse Benton, the campaign manager for U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, will resign his post as a bribery scandal from the 2012 presidential campaign threatens to envelop Benton and become a major distraction for McConnell's campaign.

Benton told the Herald-Leader that he met with McConnell Friday afternoon and offered his resignation, which McConnell "reluctantly accepted."

Benton said he offered his resignation, effective Saturday, with a "heavy heart."

He maintained his innocence, faulting "inaccurate press accounts and unsubstantiated media rumors."

More:
    http://www.kentucky.com/2014/08/29/3...n-manager.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Primary is over.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Primary is over.
    He's running against a Democrat in the general.

"reluctantly accepted." haha, suuure.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

resigned? LOL Most likely "fired"

This could well be the end of his career in electoral politics. A staffer should never be a liability.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

It's a shame we couldn't get this after the Iowa and New Hampshire losses instead. We would have saved several million dollars, and months of time instead of people like Benton, Hunter, Collins, and others being able to use the campaign to pad their pockets while the campaign was actively lying to supporters about some plan that wasn't really a plan, because somebody had to endorse Romney before the convention, to get a speech.

So much for controlling the "riffraff" when it was within and at the top of Ron Paul 2012, and especially now that 9/11 investigations are being promoted and not buried in "Hot Topics" faster than your average GOP voter changes who they support in the primary. And Ron Paul 2012 continues to look like it was exactly what some of us have been saying it was for years, an inept, incompetent, lying, thieving, corrupt campaign.
    STILL sitting on more than $800K as of last month, but I can only imagine how quickly those SUPPORTER funds will vanish in legal fees and FEC fines if this all turns out to be true. Which, I have little doubt it won't turn out true.
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 08-29-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    This could well be the end of his career in electoral politics. A staffer should never be a liability.
    I hope so, he hurt Ron Paul as much as he could, yet Ron Paul managed to do quite well anyway.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    I hope so, he hurt Ron Paul as much as he could, yet Ron Paul managed to do quite well anyway.
    But now he will be known as 'that scandal guy' We shall see how this turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Last edited by daviddee; 08-25-2021 at 06:09 PM.

McConnell should have said, you can't resign - you're fired! That would look better on Benton's resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Primary is over.
    Jesse Benton's career is over. Few care if McConnell or the Dem win.

Rand might get him a job phone banking for his Senate campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Rand might get him a job phone banking for his Senate campaign.
    *rimshot*
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

But now he will be known as 'that scandal guy' We shall see how this turns out.
    I don't think that is how things work. He got Romney anointed. So there is a certain amount of pay back due. He's proven his worth and there will be many other opportunities.

We can only hope.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by nbruno322 View Post
    Peter Schiff predicted all of this here

http://www.internationalman.com/arti...ore-strategies
    Is this link in the right thread? There's nothing in the post about Jesse Benton, or Ron Paul 2012 that I saw. Did I miss it?

I'll just say this now - my support for Rand is pretty weak - if he gives this snake any position of responsibility in his campaign, I am out. I will support Constitution Party or some independent.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    Is this link in the right thread? There's nothing in the post about Jesse Benton, or Ron Paul 2012 that I saw. Did I miss it?
    Yeah you are right, I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. It was supposed to be in the renunciation fee thread. Moving it now.
    "Paper money has the effect to ruin commerce,oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

This is his whole statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Benton
    There is no more important cause for both Kentucky, my new home I have come to love, and our country than electing Mitch McConnell Majority Leader of the United States Senate. I believe this deep in my bones, and I would never allow anything or anyone to get in the way.

That includes myself.

Recently, there have been inaccurate press accounts and unsubstantiated media rumors about me and my role in past campaigns that are politically motivated, unfair and, most importantly, untrue. I hope those who know me recognize that I strive to be a man of integrity.

The press accounts and rumors are particularly hurtful because they are false.

However, what is most troubling to me is that they risk unfairly undermining and becoming a distraction to this reelection campaign.

Working for Mitch McConnell is one of the great honors of my life. He is a friend, a mentor and a great man this commonwealth desperately needs. I cannot, and will not, allow any possibility that my circumstances will effect the voters’ ability to hear his message and assess his record. This election is far too important and the stakes way too high.

With a heavy heart, I offered Sen. McConnell my resignation this afternoon and he reluctantly accepted. Effective Saturday, August 30th, I will no longer be the “Team Mitch” campaign manager.
    The good news is that most of my work has been done. We have built a top flight team of incredible people that are working tirelessly to ensure Mitch's re-election. They are a finely oiled machine and will not skip a beat without me.

This decision breaks my heart, but I know it is the right thing for Mitch, for Kentucky and for the country.

James 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I still can't believe that there were 'liberty supporters' that actually supported this weasel. More proof that power corrupts, and that politics is a stupid disgusting slimy business.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Let's hope that is the case.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

He can't even get the bible verse right that he is quoting. It is from John 16:33, not James 16:33. I doubt he opens his Bible much to be so confused between John and James.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    He can't even get the bible verse right that he is quoting. It is from John 16:33, not James 16:33. I doubt he opens his Bible much to be so confused between John and James.
    He was a buffoon right down to the final words of his 'resignation' letter in disgrace. At least the guy was consistent!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will be very disappointed if Jesse Benton is a part of Rand Paul 2016

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Anyone who thinks that Jesse Benton will not be a major part in Rand's Campaign is kidding themselves.

resigns... your politically correct bull$#@!. Benton has embarrassed on many fronts and hurt the cause(s). Like a rookie doing one shot critical work under OJT.

Keeping Mr Kentucky Kickback in office, McConnell's political entrenchment will span across 7 decades within Washington DC... talk about top "establishment" cronyism.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by R.G View Post
    [B]McConnell should have said, you can't resign - you're fired! That would look better on Benton's resume.
    Not to one-up you, but:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I hope Matt Collins was joking when he posted that.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Very sad...I hope for the sake of Ron Paul's granddaughter he finds another career that will better suit him, like selling cars.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast