Page 54 of 112 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

I made pizza dough, for tomorrow.. Didn't really have dinner today, the weather was really nice and I wasn't hungry.
    "I am a bird"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mexican spiced burger on fried corn tortillas w/ cheese lettuce, tomato and sour cream washed down with a few margaritas....

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nachos and Margaritas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I mixed up a bunch of berries in my cereal bowl and poured cream in it. I have a pretty big cereal bowl, too. I put banana slices, blueberries, blackberries, red and black raspberries and some strawberries in there. It was refreshing. Then I pan fried a Porterhouse because the berries didn't really do anything for my hunger.

Going for Indian food tonight with my aunt and her two friends from Romania. Should be a good time.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Habanero spiced ham-n-beans from the freezer with rye bread and butter...

Pizza, Pizza again tomorrow. 2 day old dough rocks.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Pizza, Pizza again tomorrow. 2 day old dough rocks.

Dang. You's one pizza eatin' mofo, luctor-et-emergo.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Michael View Post
    Dang. You's one pizza eatin' mofo, luctor-et-emergo.
    Haven't had any pizza in a month probably... But when I make dough I use a standard pack of flour which around here is 2lbs, which is enough to make 6 pizza's or so. So I generally eat pizza the next day as well. Sometimes three days.
    "I am a bird"

Haven't had any pizza in a month probably... But when I make dough I use a standard pack of flour which around here is 2lbs, which is enough to make 6 pizza's or so. So I generally eat pizza the next day as well. Sometimes three days.
    Oh. Hm. Maybe it just seems like you eat a lot of pizza. Not that there is anything wrong with that..

For some reason pizza and luctor-et-emergo seem synonymous here. Could be I'm thinking of the pizza oven thread, too.

Ah well. I haven't eaten anything yet. I don't know what I want anyway. I don't feel like cooking. I might just heat up the waffle maker and mix up some batter and do that.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh. Hm. Maybe it just seems like you eat a lot of pizza. Not that there is anythin gwrong with that..

For some reason pizza and luctor-et-emergo seem synonymous here. Could be I'm thinking of the pizza oven thread, too.

Ah well. I haven't eaten anything yet. I don't know what I want anyway. I don't feel like cooking. I might just heat up the waffle maker and mix up some batter and do that.
    It's probably the pizza oven topic. I probably eat 5 burgers for each pizza I eat.

I generally make a salad when I don't know what to eat. Just mix some meats/fish, lettuce, other stuff together, some dressing. Dig in. Maybe a grilled cheese on the side. Soup also works when you don't know, again with a grilled cheese on the side.. Did I mention I love cheese ? I'm Dutch, we love cheese.
    "I am a bird"

For some reason pizza and luctor-et-emergo seem synonymous here.
    LOL you have no idea how true that is....
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    LOL you have no idea how true that is....
    As long as you don't associate me with greasiness I'm ok with it.
    "I am a bird"

It's probably the pizza oven topic. I probably eat 5 burgers for each pizza I eat.
    For real? No, its really not just the pizza oven thing. A lot of us used to ask you what you were eating and you were like pizza. Seemed like every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Tenderloin & stuffing .

Greek Olives and alouette garlic cream cheese on Chicken in a Biskit crackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Sausage stuffed jalapeno poppers, saffron chipotle rice, avocado salad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	4959

Spicy marinated and bbq-ed chicken sandwiches with cilantro and lemon, Middle-Eastern type salad(not everything over there is messed up, the food is good) and fries, with mayo of course .

Already marinated the chicken yesterday. The deep frying pan-thing is in the dishwasher right now, hopefully coming out very, very clean... Ready to receive a gallon of fresh oil. Peanut oil. The way I use the deep fryer it lasts a while, I basically use it for fries and when the oil gets older I'll throw something in that's battered and then replace the oil. Breaded stuff makes it last less long but I've got one of them cold spots underneath the heating elements which stops gunk from burning up. Pretty nice really.

Deep frying is an important part of Dutch culture. It's one of the few things I part-take in.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-10-2016 at 10:24 AM.
    "I am a bird"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 10:57 PM.

It is lunchtime where I'm at and looking at this thread makes me realize how hungry I am.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Have some of a family pack of roast I roasted with some cumin and bay left over. So, now that the potatoes and carrots are all gone, time to make some stroganoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Freezer fare here.......

Spicy beans and taco meat on homemade corn tortillas fried crispy, cheese, tomato and lettuce guac on the side.

Burgers and fries. Middle-Eastern type flavors.
    "I am a bird"

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 10:57 PM.

BLT's again............

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm trying to decide between going out for beer and burger tonight or holding off for Friday:

The kid wants to go tonight...
    Both sound good but I don't think I ever had Friday's burger or anything like it.. Go for it.
    "I am a bird"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pork shoulder , scalloped potatoes .

Cilantro lime chicken on salad greens

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	4962

@tod evans. Buried in these pages is your recipe for crock pot bbq. The ole lady is out of town and I'm having some friend's over to help do some work on the house Sat. to surprise her on return. Too much work to spend it smoking the butt. Could you give me a replay?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    @tod evans. Buried in these pages is your recipe for crock pot bbq. The ole lady is out of town and I'm having some friend's over to help do some work on the house Sat. but I don't want to spend it smoking the butt. Could you give me a replay?
    Peppers onion and garlic cover and cook on high until the meat falls apart...

Shred the meat and give your dogs the fat and water...

Put the shreded meat back in the hot crockpot....

Seasoning is to taste...But I like;

More peppers (usually Serrano's)

Tomato sauce/paste

Garlic

Salt

Brown sugar

Molasses

Grape jelly

Any combination or all and simmer on low for at least an hour...

Finish with cayenne and more salt to get it right....If you have the time even 20 minutes spread out in a shallow pan in the smoker will give it the smoke flavor...(I detest liquid smoke)