Thread: Military investigating shooting in newly leaked Afghan combat video

Military investigating shooting in newly leaked Afghan combat video

Video at link below:

Military investigating shooting in newly leaked Afghan combat video

By WESLEY MORGAN
    01/10/2018

U.S. commanders have launched an investigation into video footage that appears to show an American service member firing into the cab of a civilian truck as the two vehicles pass on a road in Afghanistan, an action that could have violated the military’s rules of engagement and may hamper the alliance with the Afghan government.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...d-video-276534

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The person feared for his life.

Rules of engagement hmm.

Maybe the real problem is soldiers are coming home disgruntled because they enlisted to go to war and kill people. They spend a couple of years overseas and never even get to discharge their weapon. They come home and join the police force so they can participate in real active duty and actually shoot people and animals.

i wonder why afghanistan is such a $#@!hole country
    could it be 50 years of foreign intervention?

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Jerry Springer made this argument:

Jerry Springer also voiced his concern, writing simply: 'When Trump calls other countries “s***hole countries,” does he realize that puts our own citizens in danger? How is that presidential?

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    I think it is much more than 50 and I think it would still be a $#@!hole even without it which makes it very unique .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think it is much more than 50 and I think it would still be a $#@!hole even without it which makes it very unique .
    please tell me i dont have to dig up pictures of afghanistan from 50 years ago that have been posted here and other websites probably 100s of times

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    In other words, before the Generals.

But this shooting each other's vehicles proly happens every day. This one was just caught on screen and served up as an example for whatever brilliant reason. Granted, when Afghans shoot at out vehicles, towns are ransacked, and $#@! blows up, but right now we can only be thankful our boys and girls aren't shooting our trucks and blowing us up quite yet.

Afghanistan , Invaded by Darius I of Persia ( iranians ) , probably pior to 549 BC , by around 330 BC invaded by Alexander The Great .7th to 9th centuries , arabian caliphates . 1219 , Mongols . 1300's the Mughals , 1800'S British , Sikh's , British again . As you can see , more than 50 years .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Afghanistan , Invaded by Darius I of Persia ( iranians ) , probably pior to 549 BC , by around 330 BC invaded by Alexander The Great .7th to 9th centuries , arabian caliphates . 1219 , Mongols . 1300's the Mughals , 1800'S British , Sikh's , British again . As you can see , more than 50 years .
    Yes, every region in the world has been impacted by other regions both positively and negatively for millennia. duh... But what is most relevant to what's happening there today? Soviet occupation, funding of salafist groups by US and subsequent taliban control, and US occupation

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The person feared for his life.

Rules of engagement hmm.

Maybe the real problem is soldiers are coming home disgruntled because they enlisted to go to war and kill people. They spend a couple of years overseas and never even get to discharge their weapon. They come home and join the police force so they can participate in real active duty and actually shoot people and animals.
    more often than you think
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The point is they were modernizing before tptb decided to interfere militarily.

I oppose any US involvement in afghanistan .

I wonder why of all the videos they've got, they decided to show us this one? Its bloodless and there's no context for what's going on. I guess the rest of its being investigated.

Military is investigating itself.

sound like masturbation to me.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.